Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, you could’ve ,instead of just jumping to conclusions without any evidence to support it, just clicked on my profile name and looked at some of my posts to get an idea of what I believe instead of just making up whatever false accusation that you thought would best discredit me as a biblical Christian. So I’m going to be blunt here. You say you’re not a child, but your reasoning and some statements you’ve made seem to suggest otherwise. You mentioned that you left the Catholic Church, joined a Hillsong Church, which is quite probably the most popular church for young believers, you enjoyed jumping around and dancing, also quite popular with youngsters, and you met some girls there, again something that youngsters typically like to brag about and that your parents disapproved, not something that adults typically mention in conversations. I see a lot of similarities here indicating a child’s or probably a teenager’s mentality. You like to jump to conclusions, make false accusations about people, your knowledge of the scriptures is obviously very limited, and your whole demeanor lacks evidence of maturity. So I see a lot of indications that you are in fact a kid. Adults don’t usually feel the need to say they’re not a kid just because someone disagrees with them because they’re not used to being treated like a kid. This is something a child says when he feels like he’s being treated like a child when he feels that someone doesn’t accept his knowledge as being worthy of regard. So I’m going to conclude from this evidence that you are in fact a child.
You must became as a child before you can enter God's Kingdom, so we know for sure there won't be any proud know it all religious smarties in heaven.

Apart from that, you haven't challenged anything I said and personal insults don't support your case. They just expose you for using the lowest common denominator, that being the the go to for everyone who is exposed for pushing false doctrine.
They always defend themselves by attacking the person who exposes them. They never provide a valid counter argument, they run with their tail between their legs.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
False. They do not.

Just because you've been told that they worship Mary, saints, etc as "idols" does not make it so.

There's no way to have a meaningful, and nuanced, conversation between Christians if we just always assume the worst about others.

I believe there is valid criticism to be made over Catholic Marian hyperdulia, but merely accusing Catholcis and Orthodox of idolatry is unhelpful.

As a Lutheran I reject Iconoclasm. I even have an icon of the Blessed Virgin with Child in my home. I kneel before the Cross/Crucifix, as an act of respect and honor to Christ my God and Lord. I stand at attention when the Gospel text is read, for Christ speaks here. I worship Christ in His body and blood when I receive Him in, with, and under the bread and wine of the Eucharist.

That, for many, would make me an idolator in their eyes. Of course it's not idolatry at all. These are historic ways Christians have always shown respect and honor, especially to our Lord Jesus Christ who is our God and Savior.

-CryptoLutheran
I'm only comparing Religious Dogma with what God commanded us to observe. You say it's OK to bow down to statues, but God forbids in the second commandment. Do you place your faith in men or God, you must decide because God hates idol worshipers.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The so called Eucharist is not the body of Christ at all. It's just using black magic to transform the bread into the body of Christ.

The Lords supper is to be observed by all Christians, Christ said do this in remembrance of Me. Eating the bread and drinking the wine are symbolic elements, they are never transformed into flesh and blood for cannibals to feast on.

Romanism and Orthodoxy use necromancy (witchcraft) to communicate with the dead. God said this s an abomination and He ordered anyone who practices this wicked craft to be put to death.

Where in the Bible do you get that the bread and wine are symbolic elements?

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm only comparing Religious Dogma with what God commanded us to observe.

You mean like the eating and drinking of His flesh and blood?

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith