Is a skeptic missing the compassionate part of their being, while only focusing on logic?

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To long, didnt read.

General apolgetics isnt allowed here btw.
ok, thanks for the heads up. So I guess we are done here. I thank you for participating in this debate. I am sorry we didn't find more common ground and I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When asking for evidence the universe was created from nothing, and likening such events as similar to out dated science such as 'spontanious generation' the skeptic got quite offended....

"Spontaneous generation is biology, not physics, you total ignoramus. Quantum foam, virtual particles, vacuum pressure, matter creation at the event horizon of black holes are all proved experimentally Go back to a real school and learn some science - stop being a laughing stock"

so I wanted to post this for a few reasons, first I would like you to see the mood of the poster, very cynical, very rude, and very offensive. Rude at the simple notion that someone simply disagree with him. I am sure this person is a highly academic person, master's degree or PhD or even a scientist. So I wanted you guys to see that first of all. When I say that skeptics are typically rude in behaviour, that is what I mean.

So that is the topic of this thread, so I figured I would post that.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
thank you for the challenge....

Proving a Christian God is fairly straightforward. I can not only prove God's existence, but I can prove that the God that exists is very similar to a Christian God. Firstly lets prove a divine maker exists, then we will link this concept to a christian God concept in the second paragraph…. So here is premise one: if you see something made, you know it had a maker. You don't even have to get into intelligent design at all for this point. Simply if you see something made, you know it had a maker.
So who made the coral reef? Who made all of those weeds that keep popin’ up in my lawn?
The fact that the universe is an effect, means it had a cause. IF the largest effect in existence did not have a cause, then essentially that would disqualify all of the laws of cause and effect, which would be irrational.
It is estimated mankind only knows about approx. 4% of the entire Universe. That means 96% of the Universe we have no clue about. It would be illogical to assume we can make assumptions about the 96% based on the 4% that we actually know about. That would be like going to a library picking up 1 book, reading and studying it then assuming all the other books are like the one you’ve studied.

So it must have had a cause. Again, if you see something made, you know it had a maker. Most scientists believe the universe had a big bang. Because of the fact the universe is expanding, and that if you reverse that there was a singularity at one point. So again I go back to the original statement, if you see something made, you know it had a maker. This is solid logic without any external evidence needed. God does not need causation because general relativity shows that time accelerates mass ( if you have no mass you don't have time). God is massless and outside the time domain.
No, because that would mean God does not exist! Everything we know to exist is within time, and consists of either mass or energy. So going by your logic, (assuming you can judge 96% we have no clue about based on the 4% we know about) if God is massless and outside of time, that would mean he does not exist.
It's kinda late, I will respond to the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So who made the coral reef? Who made all of those weeds that keep popin’ up in my lawn?

It is estimated mankind only knows about approx. 4% of the entire Universe. That means 96% of the Universe we have no clue about. It would be illogical to assume we can make assumptions about the 96% based on the 4% that we actually know about. That would be like going to a library picking up 1 book, reading and studying it then assuming all the other books are like the one you’ve studied.

No, because that would mean God does not exist! Everything we know to exist is within time, and consists of either mass or energy. So going by your logic, (assuming you can judge 96% we have no clue about based on the 4% we know about) if God is massless and outside of time, that would mean he does not exist.
It's kinda late, I will respond to the rest tomorrow.
sorry I cannot reply to this as apologetics is off topic for this thread. But I disagree with what was posted. We all have opinions on what constitutes evidence. I simply believe that if you see a painting, logically a painter did exist at some point to paint it. Paintings don't just pop into existence randomly. But this seems to be what the poster was saying that the universe popped into existence like such, but there is simply no evidence of that, so anyway, that is all I can say. no apologetics is allowed here.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When asking for evidence the universe was created from nothing, and likening such events as similar to out dated science such as 'spontanious generation' the skeptic got quite offended....

"Spontaneous generation is biology, not physics, you total ignoramus. Quantum foam, virtual particles, vacuum pressure, matter creation at the event horizon of black holes are all proved experimentally Go back to a real school and learn some science - stop being a laughing stock"

so I wanted to post this for a few reasons, first I would like you to see the mood of the poster, very cynical, very rude, and very offensive. Rude at the simple notion that someone simply disagree with him. I am sure this person is a highly academic person, master's degree or PhD or even a scientist. So I wanted you guys to see that first of all. When I say that skeptics are typically rude in behaviour, that is what I mean.

So that is the topic of this thread, so I figured I would post that.

I’m not offended at all. I’m amused of your projections and how clueless you are on most academic subjects however.

I give you the respect you earn.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’m not offended at all. I’m amused of your projections and how clueless you are on most academic subjects however.

I give you the respect you earn.
thanks for calling me completely "clueless" on most "academic subjects." For one it proves the OP of this thread, that when skeptics get stumped they typically go into attack mode. Secondly thank you for confirming the image that I wish to promote that many 'so called science' is actually theoretical and unproven. But many of those skeptics who wish to bow and the altar of scientism and promote that as god, have to come to the sad conclusion that their god science, cannot prove basic facts even. In fact proofs are not even attempted by scientists anymore, only math and some logical concepts have proof. So the god of scientism cannot do what many worship it to do. Christ offers so much more than an idea that it all started by a bang in space from nothing, that I need to prove God doesn't exist so that I can do whatever I want, but in doing whatever I want I also get addicted to bad and addictive lifestyles that I have absolutely no power to be free from. Well Christ can break those chains for you, He did so for me in millions of ways.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
thanks for calling me completely "clueless" on most "academic subjects." For one it proves the OP of this thread, that when skeptics get stumped they typically go into attack mode. Secondly thank you for confirming the image that I wish to promote that many 'so called science' is actually theoretical and unproven. But many of those skeptics who wish to bow and the altar of scientism and promote that as god, have to come to the sad conclusion that their god science, cannot prove basic facts even. In fact proofs are not even attempted by scientists anymore, only math and some logical concepts have proof. So the god of scientism cannot do what many worship it to do. Christ offers so much more than an idea that it all started by a bang in space from nothing, that I need to prove God doesn't exist so that I can do whatever I want, but in doing whatever I want I also get addicted to bad and addictive lifestyles that I have absolutely no power to be free from. Well Christ can break those chains for you, He did so for me in millions of ways.

Thanks for the Q.E.D.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it was truly hilarious.
God bless you. Don't take debate personal. No one has to be the exact same as anyone else. We are all very different people. It's okay to be different, it really is.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God bless you. Don't take debate personal. No one has to be the exact same as anyone else. We are all very different people. It's okay to be different, it really is.

Some difference is okay. But there comes a point where the differences are so great that there isn't even common ground.
You are that point.

You may have the commandment to love your enemies but I don't. I want to see my enemies gone, as it would make the world a better place.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont take it personal, you seem to.
Maybe I do sometimes, but I don't mean to. Sometimes in my past I have blamed skeptics for making me doubt my faith, and it became a deep rooted bitterness. But ultimately I think the doubt was rooted from my own sins. Once the sins were taken care of, the doubt went away over night. God allowed the skeptics to win so that I would repent of my sin. Then when I did, He gave me the ammunition and the upper hand. But only after I realized it was not me. So if I appear to take it personal it's because of the deep rooted bitterness I have from skeptics helping me doubt my faith about ten years ago. I admit it's still there. But I am trying to forgive and forget. But when I see them doing that to other people I get defensive. But I realized God allowed those peoples arguments to become valid in my mind, to teach me brokeness and humility. And to allow me to turn from the sin I was engaged in. So ultimately it's not their fault, it's my fault. So when I see this happening to other people I have to take the blame off of the skeptic and put it on the person who is believing the lie, what did they do to allow the deception to take root. Maybe they are sleeping with their girlfriend, or viewing online inappropriate content regularly. And because of these sins, the judgement of God comes.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I do sometimes, but I don't mean to. Sometimes in my past I have blamed skeptics for making me doubt my faith, and it became a deep rooted bitterness. But ultimately I think the doubt was rooted from my own sins. Once the sins were taken care of, the doubt went away over night. God allowed the skeptics to win so that I would repent of my sin. Then when I did, He gave me the ammunition and the upper hand. But only after I realized it was not me. So if I appear to take it personal it's because of the deep rooted bitterness I have from skeptics helping me doubt my faith about ten years ago. I admit it's still there. But I am trying to forgive and forget. But when I see them doing that to other people I get defensive. But I realized God allowed those peoples arguments to become valid in my mind, to teach me brokeness and humility. And to allow me to turn from the sin I was engaged in. So ultimately it's not their fault, it's my fault. So when I see this happening to other people I have to take the blame off of the skeptic and put it on the person who is believing the lie, what did they do to allow the deception to take root. Maybe they are sleeping with their girlfriend, or viewing online inappropriate content regularly. And because of these sins, the judgement of God comes.

I couldnt care less about your faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I couldnt care less about your faith.
I understand that. But then if I could ask you a quick question. Why is it you are on christian forums if you can care less about christianity?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I understand that. But then if I could ask you a quick question. Why is it you are on christian forums if you can care less about christianity?

I have already told you, for the (unintentional) humor on display here.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have already told you, for the (unintentional) humor on display here.
I suggest finding some comedy on youtube, and not pushing your views on people that didn't ask you to do so. It is very rude.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I suggest finding some comedy on youtube, and not pushing your views on people that didn't ask you to do so. It is very rude.

I havent pushed my views on anyone, its you who preach and try to convert, not me.

I couldnt care less about your suggestions either.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I havent pushed my views on anyone, its you who preach and try to convert, not me.

I couldnt care less about your suggestions either.
just trying to help. Maybe when visiting a forum that is not your own, don't tell them that you are here 'to laugh at their views." Which is what you basically just said.

Upvote 0