• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is 21 the worst age to make friends?

Jackson Cooper

Sep 18, 2017
Nowhere
✟37,463.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I work full time and do not attend college. People older than me have jobs and families of their own. People my age and younger seem to be away at college a lot. There aren't too many people my age at church.
I had a similar problem i Sunday school during my high school years. Everyone older than me didn't have time fo child lke me, and everyone my age was obsessed with extra curricular activities.
I'm gonna try going to a retro gaming pub I found on meetup, but I have had zero luck with making any Christian friends. Maybe I should pactice getting a friend first before being picky.

Jackson Cooper

Sep 18, 2017
Nowhere
✟37,463.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I work full time and do not attend college. People older than me have jobs and families of their own. People my age and younger seem to be away at college a lot. There aren't too many people my age at church.
I had a similar problem i Sunday school during my high school years. Everyone older than me didn't have time fo child lke me, and everyone my age was obsessed with extra curricular activities.
I'm gonna try going to a retro gaming pub I found on meetup, but I have had zero luck with making any Christian friends. Maybe I should pactice getting a friend first before being picky.
Sorry for typos, I am inexperienced typing on a touchscreen.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for typos, I am inexperienced typing on a touchscreen.
Hey, my name is Zack and I'm a 21 year old christian. It can definitely be hard to find friends but I am more than happy to talk anytime if you want. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

Take Heart

Be encouraged ♥
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Toronto
✟335,020.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you can make friends no matter your age, to be honest :). Take me, for example. I'm 28 and I've made more friends the older I got. Granted, I've only got maybe like 3-5 friends in total. All are Christian. 2 of them I met in College and the other 3 are from Church. I'm part of the worship team..something I honestly was anxious in joining. I joined at first because they needed someone to fill in and my mom happened to be one of the worship leaders at the time. So despite my nervousness, I prayed about it and went. Ever since then, I became part of the worship team. And my friends are the pastor's kids-around my age but like 5-8 years younger. One is probably a year younger than me. And my other friends are from our regular attendees. So other than those places, I haven't really found any other friends -in real life. The meetup sounds like a good idea though it's best to find Christian friends in my opinion. Bad company corrupts good character. And you'll need that 'iron sharpens iron' type of brother in Christ. I'd also pray about it continuously-for God to send Godly friends your way. It took some time, but He's answered that for me.

Reactions: God is good
Upvote 0