Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds intriguing.

Where are you going on vacation?

How'd your birthday go? And the party? :)

I'm going to spend some time up in MI. I have a cousin who is getting married - family from all over the world is flocking there, so I figure I'll take some time off and enjoy the company.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Susan - what do you think of the new rule changes? Wait a min... you aren't a mod anymore. Oh dear.

I forget when I stepped down... I think it was in March. It's kind of nice. I have no clue what the new rule changes are, and I don't have to worry about it. :D

:hug: Bobbie :hug:

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey, just want to give an update on what's going on here.

Adam's aunt passed away earlier this week - she had pancreatic cancer. There was a beautiful memorial service Saturday morning out in the country.

After that, we went to pick up my cousin's kid to spend the weekend with us. She's 6. It's the first time she's spent time alone with my husband and I. We had a great time. I just got back from dropping her off, and she didn't want to go back, and I didn't want to drop her off.

Long story short, many people in the family think she's in an abusive home. Her mother, my cousin, has nothing to do with her, so she's being raised by my aunt and her husband/boyfriend (we don't know which). My cousins who lived in the home were all abused, and worse. In spending time with her, I don't think she's being abused, but I think it's a matter of time.

We have an appointment with a lawyer this Friday to see what we can do. My husband and I want to take her in for good if at all possible.

I don't know. After this weekend, I kind of feel bad doing this, because it's going to uproot her from everything she knows. Like I said, I don't think she's being abused right now. However, the stories I've heard from my cousins who lived there are so bad, that maybe the sooner the better.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll be praying for you, Adam, and for your second cousin. This would be so cool if you guys were able to get custody of her.

I found out while I was on vacation earlier this month that the same aunt that inappropriately touched me as a kid, touched my brother in a similar way. Although it sucks that he had to go through it, I was relieved to hear that my memories hadn't been warped. Knowing that he went through it, I no longer have to wonder if what happened between her and I was something that I had conjured up in my mind, or that I had made into a bigger issue than it was.

Tomorrow I'm interviewing for the Director of Religious Education position at my church. Please keep me in prayer. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I found out while I was on vacation earlier this month that the same aunt that inappropriately touched me as a kid, touched my brother in a similar way. Although it sucks that he had to go through it, I was relieved to hear that my memories hadn't been warped. Knowing that he went through it, I no longer have to wonder if what happened between her and I was something that I had conjured up in my mind, or that I had made into a bigger issue than it was.

Tomorrow I'm interviewing for the Director of Religious Education position at my church. Please keep me in prayer. :)

I'm praying - sounds like a great opportunity.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. :) Continued prayers are appreciated. My priest comes back from vacation next week, and he's supposed to re-interview everybody. I was told in today's interview that whoever he hires would most likely start effective immediately.

One of the ladies that sat in on the interview said when she first saw me "first of all, let me say that your resume is very impressive..." That was such a relief to hear because I stressed out on writing that resume for almost two weeks. I was so self-conscious, worrying about how sorely under qualified I must be.

I'm just going to try to put it out of my head until next week.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm just going to try to put it out of my head until next week.

That's a good idea. Sit back and enjoy your birthday. Do anything special?

Continued prayers.

I wish we were meeting with the lawyer right now about her. Some bizarre things are happening, and I'm not sure how to read them. I think my aunt might be on to what we are doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a good idea. Sit back and enjoy your birthday. Do anything special?

Continued prayers.

Thanks. No, not doing anything special. I'm kinda depressed. My work situation sucks, now I'm stressing out about the interview, and my family was supposed to come spend tomorrow with me through the weekend, but they cancelled today. So I'm not doing anything tomorrow.

I treated myself to Harry Potter on Sunday, and a pedicure on Saturday, though. So I guess I did celebrate in some way.

I wish we were meeting with the lawyer right now about her. Some bizarre things are happening, and I'm not sure how to read them. I think my aunt might be on to what we are doing.

You were on my mind today, and I was wondering how things were going in this regard. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.