Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Hey all, since we're all single and therefore more free to do something, I wanted to let you guys know about the Invisible Children Campaign going on, especially in Gen Y. It started three years ago with three filmmakers going to Uganda and recording the fear of the children there, who each night would leave their homes and travel to the center of their cities to sleep outside, just so when the Lord's Resistance Army came through their villages to take them they wouldn't be there. This campaign is to raise awareness of their struggle. From now over the course of the next few months, they'll be touring, showing free screenings of the movie around the U.S. It culminates on April 29, with those dedicated to the cause migrating to a central part of their city and staying for the night. The group I'm beginning with it have aims to not only publicize this, but raise money through a sponsorship.

I encourage you all to do this, especially since you're single and have no other responsibilities (a lie, but as far as wifely/husband/mother/father ones go). It's an unbelievable (in the truest sense of the word) cause.