St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Anyone have ethical objections to investing in Chinese companies? Let's face it, China has a booming economy and an emerging middle class of hungry consumers. If any businesses in the world are well situated for growth, they're in China. Of course, us average investors would invest through a mutual fund specializing in Chinese companies. I'm eyeing one that's no load, and is up 20% this year. I sure wouldn't bet the farm, but I think taking a comfortable position is smart diversification for the long term. Especially, since the yuan is still valued low compared to the dollar. It's gonna have to rise eventually. Which will just increase the value of Chinese shares that much more.

Opinions welcome.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Hipsterz
All you have to do to invest in China is shop.
Fixed.

Correct. So why not get a piece of that action?

Actually, I've already put some money into a China, an Asia, and an emerging markets fund (Russia, Brazil, etc.) It's a long-term investment. Hopefully, they'll make money for me. I'll post updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ethics and profits aside, investing in China will do two things: strengthen their economy in the short term, and, hasten their economic collapse in the long term. Market forces, not government manipulation, will eventually equalize currency values which will lead to the collapse of their export markets. This could happen overnight if we decide to overtly monetize our debt thus greatly devaluing the dollar. In the parlance of decades ago, 'when America sneezes, the world gets a cold'. If we catch a cold China will die of pneumonia.

Upvote 0

bella9525

bella the real estate broker
Dec 8, 2021
istanbul
Visit site
✟15,401.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Anyone have ethical objections to investing in Chinese companies? Let's face it, China has a booming economy and an emerging middle class of hungry consumers. If any businesses in the world are well situated for growth, they're in China. Of course, us average investors would invest through a mutual fund specializing in Chinese companies. I'm eyeing one that's no load, and is up 20% this year. I sure wouldn't bet the farm, but I think taking a comfortable position is smart diversification for the long term. Especially, since the yuan is still valued low compared to the dollar. It's gonna have to rise eventually. Which will just increase the value of Chinese shares that much more.

Opinions welcome.
It made perfect sense. And Turkey's economic situation is exactly the same as China's in the past. Therefore, I suggest you do not miss the opportunity and now that the value of the Turkish lira has decreased, even if you can, buy real estate online from a real estate website. Finally, in the future, the value of this investment will be determined.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Opinions welcome.
I only invest in companies with a predictable CEO and a market strategy that has a history of pivoting when needed. Lots of companies reach the extent of their market and out of pride, keep production going as the market fades away. For example Farmville was bringing in a million dollars a day and they just built farmville 2, farmville 3, cityville, etc. It's just poor strategy. It's taken them 10 years to diversify their products and not well enough.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0