Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No that would be just silly, presumptuous, and dead wrong.

For one thing, God uses means to accomplish his ends, and the means of preaching the Gospel ( --relating, communicating, whatever), is one of his means of bringing the elect to himself. (It is also useful for several other things, such as leaving people with no excuse, blinding some of them, etc etc.)

For many of us, we really cannot help but talk about him. Amos: "The lion has roared, who will not fear? The Sovereign Lord has spoken, who can but prophesy?"

I was speaking a bit 'crazy' there, not much serious, but is the kind of things that crosses my mind when thinking about God having a set of people to be saved, and the rest hated by him predestined to hell fixed like that. I just can't accept that God hates common people like that, they work and love, they try to survive, they have the devil against them, culture, wacky atheist spitting poison, the bad press from the christians themselves, and now God just hates them with ire? where is Jesus the saviour loving the masses?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I was speaking a bit 'crazy' there, not much serious, but is the kind of things that crosses my mind when thinking about God having a set of people to be saved, and the rest hated by him predestined to hell fixed like that. I just can't accept that God hates common people like that, they work and love, they try to survive, they have the devil against them, culture, wacky atheist spitting poison, the bad press from the christians themselves, and now God just hates them with ire? where is Jesus the saviour loving the masses?

For whatever it is worth, He will not punish them more than they deserve. He is precise, although thorough, in his justice. The judge of all the earth will do what is right. He would have no reason to create if not.

It is also a mercy that he puts boundaries on how far we will go in our journey into sinfulness. He keeps us from degrading more than his purposes for us.

Upvote 0