Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

My husband and our three kitties live on a farm in the middle of Missouri..... He has two kids from a prior marriage, but they were pretty much grown when we got together, and they lived with his ex-wife anyway. Now one of them is married and the other is getting married this spring. I hardly know them.

I never wanted to have kids - until I married Nathan. It wasn't long after we got married that I changed my mind. But he's 'snipped', as someone else put it so delicately. :)

The thing is, we have very little income - the first year we were married, we lived on less than a thousand dollars a month - and we had a 200/month payment on the mobile home and a 400/month child-support payment (Zac was a senior in highschool). So having kids was out of the question financially at that time.

Over the next few years, the topic came up less and less and hubby and I fought more and more. Things are getting better between us now, but I've pretty much decided to skip the whole kid thing and go straight to granny-hood.

When I tell people that, they think I'm kidding. LOL!

There are some things I like about being CF.
I'm sitting here in my underwear, as usual - no need to get all hot and sweaty in my own home......
I don't have to deal with screeching or bedwetting or kids sneaking out at night.......
There are some things about both me and hubby (and our relationship) that I wouldn't want to see replicated in the next generation.]
I like being able to turn down working in the baby nursery at church - I honestly don't know what to do with a baby, and I don't really want to develop that skill.

But I do wonder what I will do for an income when I'm old. I have no highly-marketable skills now, and I'm not getting any younger/stronger. There will be no kids to take care of me, and I can't see that I will be able to afford to take care of myself.

And there are some things that I would like to pass down...... so I try to maintain some relationships one-on-one with some of the kids at church..... that's rewarding.......

I've talked too long, lol

bless you all
tal

Upvote 0

Epoh99

Veteran
Oct 28, 2005
✟9,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Talitha. I enjoyed your post. It seemed so friendly, open, and honest.

I just had to ask about your "name." Is Talitha acutally your name or is it from the Bible? I know in Mark 5:41 when Jesus raises the girl from the dead he says "Talitha cumi..." or "Little girl/maid..." Just curious. :D

Have a God-blessed day!

Upvote 0

Oblivious

Matthew 7:12
Nov 6, 2003
The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this forum has been here for how long and I hav just now noticed it! :doh: :blush:

Anyway...

I'll be married 6 years in September. I have never wanted children for a multiple number of reasons, and my husband is (obviously) of the same opinion. :)

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone! I joined CF today and stumbled on this forum - I have to say I'm so glad I found it! I've been searching for childfree sites but none of them (except this one) are christian, and all christian sites so far have been so militantly anti-childlessness (if childfree by choice) that I felt misunderstood and even unwelcome there.
Especially in my denomination - I'm catholic - voluntary childlessness and every form of birth control except NFP are condemned. I am glad to meet other christians here who don't shout at me and say I'm sinning against God's will by not having children. Thank you! I think being a good christian is possible for people with and without children.
Anyway, to introduce myself: I'm 30, have been married for two years, and my husband and I have never felt the desire to have children. We will not panic in case of an unforseen pregnancy, we will become devoted and loving parents then because abortion goes against my conscience, but we do try to prevent pregnancy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tierajade

HAVING A BABY IN MARCH!!!
Oct 17, 2006
Mattoon
Visit site
✟19,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so thankful for this subforum! :)

My parents are pressuring me (I'll be 27 on Friday) and I feel I'm still young and my hubby and I have only been married for 11 months. I want more "us" time before the heavy responsibility of a baby.

We have a gorgeous 3 year old blonde husky and she's quite a handful all by herself! ;)

Upvote 0