Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We're not being rude, we are trying to get white people to call the police on us. While the police were not called in this case, the feeling of discomfort is victory enough. We'll discuss how we can modify our behavior so that the police will be called.

Who is "we"?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
No, he said THEY (that particular group of people) wanted attention. There was no "we" in there at all.
I don't think you quite understand what I am saying. Per the tag of this thread, I am confirming that these scenarios are indeed setups, but they are part of a broader campaign.

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organization that seeks to make white people uncomfortable. We, along with white contractors (white people aren't allowed to join BLM) go forth into the world engineering scenarios to have the police called on us and then sell those stories to the news media.

Take Starbucks, we sent our operatives to have a meeting at a Starbucks. Unbeknownst to the person meeting to them, we had these black men sit down and wait for a meeting. We also enlisted a white contractor to shoot the video, so as to document our setup.

What the OP demonstrates is that these incidents are engineered. I am confirming that, and also showing it is not they, but we, it is the work of Black Lives Matter.

This sounds like disturbing the peace. Record the incident and call the police next time.
Exactly, that's what we want. The police should be called on people shopping stores.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're creating scenarios to make white people uncomfortable so they can call the police.

We're not being rude, we are trying to get white people to call the police on us.

We were setting you up, that's why we're doing it!

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an organization that seeks to make white people uncomfortable.

Have you not yet noticed? No one is buying the sarcastic nonsense....you make no point at all with it, except that you are getting carried away for no reason whatsoever.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@SummerMadness This sounds all a bit much. Completely changed my opinion to one which now thinks your group is troublemaking rather than a genuine cause. My opinion doesn't matter though being from the other side of the world, of course.

Then of course someone who dislikes the antics and then feels uncomfortable you label as rascist? Whereas, they would feel the same feeling against a group the same race as themselves who were acting like that.

It makes me wonder if this group is trying to cause new racism?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, that's what we want. The police should be called on people shopping stores.
Exactly, yes. Adults should know how to behave themselves in public or shop online instead.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@SummerMadness This sounds all a bit much. Completely changed my opinion to one which now thinks your group is troublemaking rather than a genuine cause.

You actually make a good point. Though his posts are sarcastic, why fuel an already out of control fire with sarcasm, and chance making things even worse?

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You actually make a good point. Though his posts are sarcastic, why fuel an already out of control fire with sarcasm, and chance making things even worse?
I deleted the part asking whether there was sarcasm during an edit.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I deleted the part asking whether there was sarcasm during an edit.

Hope you didn't think I was accusing you of fueling the fire...you post was fine the way it was as far as I'm concerned. :) My point was, why be sarcastic when some will take it wrong and that could make things worse.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I witnessed something weird the other day. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Some folks have claimed that a number of (but not all) supposedly racist non-violent events that garner huge amounts of media attention are, in fact, staged. I got this impression with the Starbuck's incident. If an African-American is behaving oddly, rudely, unprofessionally, or illegally (yet not violently), a white person can not say anything to them or make any demands on their behavior, lest they be called racist.

The other day in my place of work, a group of five or six African-American women came in, and they were LOUD. Not like normal loud, or jovial, but so loud that everyone in our large store could hear them. Screaming. At eachother and in general, unnecessarily. The whole time. Other customers looked visibly uncomfortable, and shot me nervous, concerned "can't you do anything?" looks. I asked a manager what we could do, and let me know that all we could do was provide excellent customer service. Ok. So I went up to them (they were shopping, not loitering) and just let them know that if they needed anything, to please let me know. They got up in my face jeering and laughing then walked away mocking me. Still incredibly loud. Had I politely asked them to lower their volume, I have *no doubt* that it would have spiraled downwards into a charged, racial incident. Something about the whole encounter felt like a set up.
I guess you know how many ppl in Latin America feel when some visitors from North America come into a room...

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think you quite understand what I am saying. Per the tag of this thread, I am confirming that these scenarios are indeed setups, but they are part of a broader campaign.
Maybe you do not get what I was saying. Your campaign makes an assumption that is not always true: that whoever is the object of your set up would see and react in some sort of racist way.

But what I read in the op was a group of women (and even that is irrelevant) being loud and obnoxious. They could be white or Hispanic or Asian. It is just 5-6 individuals acting badly.

Unless they were past middle age I would think "drunk rowdy college students."

BTW, if you are intentionally doing setups, they work better if you don't tell anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hope you didn't think I was accusing you of fueling the fire...you post was fine the way it was as far as I'm concerned. :) My point was, why be sarcastic when some will take it wrong and that could make things worse.
No, I turned phone to the side to look at the signature and decided that the person was in earnest and not trolling after reading another thread.

I did not think that you were being negative at all about my post. Just you had said that you agreed with part of it, so thought to make you aware that the post had been altered incase your agreement was affected by the modification.

• Friendly
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess you know how many ppl in Latin America feel when some visitors from North America come into a room...

Everybody knows how everyone feels when people are rude...

Are some of you actually saying Americans and/or whites don't know Americans and whites can be obnoxious?

There is no country in this world without some obnoxious people.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everybody knows how everyone feels when people are rude...

Are some of you actually saying Americans and/or whites don't know Americans and whites can be obnoxious?

There is no country in this world without some obnoxious people.
I'm saying that if one is going to start the narrative in the OP, this is something that people outside North America are already thoroughly familiar with (the Monroe Doctrine probably having something to do with it).

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm saying that if one is going to start the narrative in the OP, this is something that people outside North America are already thoroughly familiar with (the Monroe Doctrine probably having something to do with it).

Before I can comment, I'd have to know if what you are saying you are familiar with was just a part, or the full point of the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
As to questions of new racism. If you're asking if BLM is seeking to restructure society where white people are a marginalized group, institutions are setup to deny them freedoms, property, education, and employment, that last for hundreds of years, and afterward the police are used to "keep them in check," yes, we're looking to create that new racism.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As to questions of new racism. If you're asking if BLM is seeking to restructure society where white people are a marginalized group, institutions are setup to deny them freedoms, property, education, and employment, that last for hundreds of years, and afterward the police are used to "keep them in check," yes, we're looking to create that new racism.
No, I was thinking of kids growing up hearing of the issue. Seeing the publicity stunts first hand, seeing people with a grudge being angry towards white people. The children then stigmatising black people as a whole because of it.

I meant in the next generation.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
No, I was thinking of kids growing up hearing of the issue. Seeing the publicity stunts first hand, seeing people with a grudge being angry towards white people. The children then stigmatising black people as a whole because of it.

But we want the publicity, those men weren't simply there for a meeting, it was a publicity stunt. That student didn't simply fall asleep, it was a publicity stunt. That man wasn't simply moving into his apartment, it was a publicity stunt. That family having a barbecue weren't trying to enjoy an afternoon in the park, it was a publicity stunt...

And our publicity worked because we're trying to agitate. When a group of people are loud in a store, we don't want them to think they're simply loud, we want them to think of their blackness, become resentful of that blackness and then blame BLM because they are fixated on the race of customers who broke no laws or rules.

• Informative
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That is also a possibility. Makes everybody look bad. And actual incidents of racist, anti-black behavior from whites based actually and solely on race look less and less credible. Because those do happen. And are a real problem.

But staging a situation in public wherein you act in a manner meant to cause concern, anger, or uneasiness so that the cops get called and the reatailer looks racist is stupid. And demeaning, mostly to African-Americans. Frankly, it makes racist whites who claim that African-Americans can't be trusted and need to be controlled look like they have a point.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But we want the publicity, those men weren't simply there for a meeting, it was a publicity stunt. That student didn't simply fall asleep, it was a publicity stunt. That man wasn't simply moving into his apartment, it was a publicity stunt. That family having a barbecue weren't trying to enjoy an afternoon in the park, it was a publicity stunt...

And our publicity worked because we're trying to agitate. When a group of people are loud in a store, we don't want them to think they're simply loud, we want them to think of their blackness, become resentful of that blackness and then blame BLM because they are fixated on the race of customers who broke no laws or rules.
Which makes little logical sense to me! Why would that benefit the cause rather than to divide?

• Agree
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0