Interesting Quotes from Brigham Young the Second Prophet of the Mormon Church

Snowy

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Jul 16, 2003
✟30,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brigham Young said your own blood must atone for some sins.
"There is not a man or woman, who violates the covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay the debt. The blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it . . . " Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, page 247; see also, Vol. 4, pp. 53-54, 219-220.
Brigham Young said you must confess Joseph Smith as a prophet of God in order to be saved.
"...and he that confesseth not that Jesus has come in the flesh and sent Joseph Smith with the fullness of the Gospel to this generation, is not of God, but is Antichrist." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 9, p. 312).

Brigham Young said his discourses are as good as Scripture.
"I say now, when they [his discourses] are copied and approved by me they are as good Scripture as is couched in this Bible . . . " (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 13, p. 264; see also page 95.)

Brigham Young said you are ****** if you deny polygamy.
"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be ******." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 266).

Brigham Young said you can't get to the highest heaven without Joseph Smith's consent.
"...no man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, p. 289).

Brigham Young said Jesus' birth was as natural as ours.
"The birth of the Savior was as natural as the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood--was begotten of his Father, as we were of our fathers." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 8, p. 115).

Brigham Young said God was progressing in knowledge.
"God himself is increasing and progressing in knowledge, power, and dominion, and will do so, worlds without end." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 6, p. 120).

Brigham Young boasted.
"What man or woman on earth, what spirit in the spirit-world can say truthfully that I ever gave a wrong word of counsel, or a word of advice that could not be sanctioned by the heavens? The success which has attended me in my presidency is owing to the blessings and mercy of the Almighty . . . " (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 12, p. 127).

Brigham Young said that we are obligated to keep all the laws and ordinances of God.
"Some of you may ask, ?Is there a single ordinance to be dispensed with? Is there one of the commandments that God has enjoined upon the people, that he will excuse them from obeying?' Not one, no matter how trifling or small in our own estimation. No matter if we esteem them non-essential, or least or last of all the commandments of the house of God, we are under obligation to observe them." (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 8, p. 339).

http://www.caic.org.au/theology/ldsbyqot.htm

Koop

Feb 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Visit site
✟15,339.00
Faith
Christian
I think part of the point of this message is saying that mormanism is not Christianity. It very much contradicts the bible. Just don't take anyones word for it sister. Find the truth for yourself. To answer your more specific question. When jesus died he payed the cost of our sins so we could be forgiven for when we fall short of God's desire. We still need to do our best to do all that the Lord has asked us to do. Christ did not come to change the law. The old laws given to man by God still hold true today. Jewish law (not Old Testiment law) isn't necisary, however because it was not given to us by God. It was created as a guidline for living life in a proper way.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm a very young Christian, but...I thought that because of Jesus, we no longer have to obey every all laws given by God? or am i wrong in that... and is Mormanism part of Christianity?
Mormonism is not consider a sect of Christianity. Funny that Christianity considers Roman Catholicism, but not other ones like Mormonism and Jehovah's Witness. Why? Mainly because they reject Jesus as God. Every Christians believe that Jesus is God, to be able to save humanity of their sins. I hope that will help clearify for you.

Upvote 0