Interesting case by the Supreme Court - what did Roberts rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Supreme Court upheld the Oregon Suicide Law today with a decision of 6 - 3, the dissenting opinion were held by Scalia, Thomas and Roberts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060117/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_assisted_suicide

The opinion was written by Kennedy. Does anybody else have a feeling that Kenned will lean further left, and become the swing vote for the Supreme Court? I do, and it isn't good, considering the way he usually goes on life issues.

But it's good to see how Roberts voted on this case, now if only Stevens, Ginsberg, Souter, Kennedy, and/or Breyer would retire, we'll really see some fireworks.

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anybody have a link to the actual opinion yet?

TFA indicates that this case was decided on federalism grounds. If that is the case, then the left/right dichotomy referred to in the OP seems like the incorrect method of analyzing the decision.

Unless, of course, anything one disagrees with is "left" and anything one agrees with is "right".

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
CaDan said:
Anybody have a link to the actual opinion yet?

TFA indicates that this case was decided on federalism grounds. If that is the case, then the left/right dichotomy referred to in the OP seems like the incorrect method of analyzing the decision.

Unless, of course, anything one disagrees with is "left" and anything one agrees with is "right".

I'm speaking mainly about the issues of life on the left/right spectrum. Not federalism, but point noted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.