altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Psa 139:12 It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you.
Psa 139:13 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14 I thank you, High God--you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration--what a creation!
Psa 139:15 You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Psa 139:16 Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.
Psa 139:17 Your thoughts--how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them!
Psa 139:18 I couldn't even begin to count them-- any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!

Upvote 0

zoziw

a mari usque ad mare
Jun 28, 2003
✟11,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This one helps me during difficult times:

Psalm 27

Of David.

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation-
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life-
of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh,
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

4 One thing I ask of the LORD ,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD .

7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD ;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD , I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD ;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
breathing out violence.

13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD ;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD .

Upvote 0

n2wolves

Sep 4, 2003
Tennessee
✟15,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love the book of Psalms I find this one comforting...

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

St. Worm2

May 15, 2004
✟9,271.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These verses are very encouraging to me, though this is just a very small sampling of what the Bible has to say about our salvation, God's love for us and His promises to us, and God's faithfulness. They are similar and meant, in this case, to be understood together.

"God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life"
John 3:16

"This is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." 1 John 4:10

"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:33

"If you confess with your mouth, Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved" Romans 10:9

“God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? Numbers 23:19

"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow" James 1:17

Upvote 0

dellla

striving to overcome
Nov 5, 2004
Inverness
✟15,504.00
Faith
Christian
I am always really encouraged by Philippians Chapter 1 verse 6;

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Also Psalm 51, verse 17 (metrical)

A broken spirit is to God
a pleasing sacrifice
A broken and a contrite heart
Lord, thou wilt not despise
hope this is of use to you :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

MinDach

Dec 23, 2003
USA
✟888.00
Faith
Christian
Hi
I'm feeling a bit down...life has been really overwhelming me and I'm quite unhappy and could really use some cheering up. I was just wondering if there's any bible passages that can help boast up my spirits

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Isa 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shelia

Oct 7, 2004
Alabama
✟121.00
Faith
Baptist
Cracks said:
Hi
I'm feeling a bit down...life has been really overwhelming me and I'm quite unhappy and could really use some cheering up. I was just wondering if there's any bible passages that can help boast up my spirits.

My personal favorite is Romans 8:28 "And we know that all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting to His plans."

I suffer from Bipolar disorder (the "thorn in [my] side ") and this one has always helped me. I concentrate on it often. It reminds me that God loves me and is caring for me even though I cannot see or feel Him.

Shelia

Upvote 0