Inside Mark Wahlberg’s Private Mass with a CFR Franciscan Friar on Ash Wednesday

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is beautiful!

Actor and producer Mark Wahlberg met with one of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal for a private Mass before his Ash Wednesday interview on NBC’s Today Show.

Wahlberg appeared on the Feb. 22 edition of the morning show to discuss his faith, family life, the season of Lent, and his involvement with the Catholic prayer app, Hallow.

However, before the interview, Father Mark-Mary Ames of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal celebrated Ash Wednesday Mass for Wahlberg.

Father Mark-Mary, CFR, often records for both Ascension Presents and the Hallow App. He told ChurchPOP’s Jacqueline Burkepile that Wahlberg requested Mass and ashes due to his early-morning interview schedule. Hallow then contacted him with the request.

“Originally I was scheduled to celebrate Mass that morning for the Sisters of Life, but the convent I committed to decided to celebrate Mass and have a retreat day at one of their other convents, so it meant I had a free morning,” Father Mark-Mary said.

The Franciscan then said that Wahlberg’s request showed sincerity, because he asked for both Mass and ashes, in addition to his desire to “represent his faith” during the interview.

“I’m a Franciscan. I’m not up to date on all things Hollywood or Mark Wahlberg and his career choices. But when I celebrated Mass with him, I believe deeply that I was praying with a man sincere about his faith and committed to the Lenten invitation to repentance and deeper conversion to Christ,” Father Mark-Mary told ChurchPOP.

“He seems like a good guy,” the priest added. “He was very gracious towards me and thankful for my time.”

Here’s a photo below:

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is beautiful!

Actor and producer Mark Wahlberg met with one of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal for a private Mass before his Ash Wednesday interview on NBC’s Today Show.

Wahlberg appeared on the Feb. 22 edition of the morning show to discuss his faith, family life, the season of Lent, and his involvement with the Catholic prayer app, Hallow.

However, before the interview, Father Mark-Mary Ames of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal celebrated Ash Wednesday Mass for Wahlberg.

Father Mark-Mary, CFR, often records for both Ascension Presents and the Hallow App. He told ChurchPOP’s Jacqueline Burkepile that Wahlberg requested Mass and ashes due to his early-morning interview schedule. Hallow then contacted him with the request.

“Originally I was scheduled to celebrate Mass that morning for the Sisters of Life, but the convent I committed to decided to celebrate Mass and have a retreat day at one of their other convents, so it meant I had a free morning,” Father Mark-Mary said.

The Franciscan then said that Wahlberg’s request showed sincerity, because he asked for both Mass and ashes, in addition to his desire to “represent his faith” during the interview.

“I’m a Franciscan. I’m not up to date on all things Hollywood or Mark Wahlberg and his career choices. But when I celebrated Mass with him, I believe deeply that I was praying with a man sincere about his faith and committed to the Lenten invitation to repentance and deeper conversion to Christ,” Father Mark-Mary told ChurchPOP.

“He seems like a good guy,” the priest added. “He was very gracious towards me and thankful for my time.”

Here’s a photo below:

That’s neat! I didn’t know priests will do a private Mass like that.

Upvote 0