Not open for further replies.

Anthonyw

Nov 28, 2006
✟7,853.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Baptism in water is a way of saying yes and amen to what God has done for you in Christ. [/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Romans 6: 1-4; 1What, then, shall we say? shall we continue in the sin that the grace may abound?
2 let it not be! we who died to the sin -- how shall we still live in it?
3 are you ignorant that we, as many as were baptised to Christ Jesus, to his death were baptised?
4 we were buried together, then, with him through the baptism to the death, that even as Christ was raised up out of the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we in newness of life might walk.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]If you can say yes that's me to the above, why not go the whole hog and ratify the covenant, and say yes Lord Amen, and get baptised in water. I believe you will be blessed if you do:thumbsup:[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Blessings,[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Anthonyw:)

[/FONT] [FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]I didn't notice your comment about Baptism in the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives you the potential and possibility to live the Christian life like Jesus lived it in his earthly ministry. [/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]There are that many aspects to the what the Baptism in the Holy Spirit brings to you it could fill a book. There are 9 spiritual gifts that cover supernaturally knowing, speaking and acting. Then there are ministry gifting. But one of the greatest things the Holy Spirit brings to us is His ability to knock out and make inert the flesh/sinful nature. You have to remain in the flow and learn to drink in the Spirit for that one to work though.[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Simple as this. YAHSHUA commanded us to get baptized. Do you want to be obedient? In John 14:15 it says, If ye love me, keep my commandments. Its not just talking about the 10 Commandments, but also of whatever else He commanded. Also read Luke 6:46, And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Upvote 0
D

Dave01

Happ, our saving faith cannot stand alone, in fact, it is dead in the eyes of GOD, it must have works to perfect it,..

22 (LIT) You see that faith worked with his works; and out of the works the faith was made perfected.

26 (LIT) For as the body is dead apart from the spirit, so also faith is dead apart from works.

To perfect our faith, we must be obediant unto Him, and do those things that He commands us.

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Baptism in water is a way of saying yes and amen to what God has done for you in Christ. [/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Romans 6: 1-4; 1What, then, shall we say? shall we continue in the sin that the grace may abound? [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]2 let it not be! we who died to the sin -- how shall we still live in it? [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]3 are you ignorant that we, as many as were baptised to Christ Jesus, to his death were baptised? [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]4 we were buried together, then, with him through the baptism to the death, that even as Christ was raised up out of the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we in newness of life might walk. [/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]If you can say yes that's me to the above, why not go the whole hog and ratify the covenant, and say yes Lord Amen, and get baptised in water. I believe you will be blessed if you do:thumbsup:[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Blessings,[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Anthonyw:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]I didn't notice your comment about Baptism in the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives you the potential and possibility to live the Christian life like Jesus lived it in his earthly ministry. [/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]There are that many aspects to the what the Baptism in the Holy Spirit brings to you it could fill a book. There are 9 spiritual gifts that cover supernaturally knowing, speaking and acting. Then there are ministry gifting. But one of the greatest things the Holy Spirit brings to us is His ability to knock out and make inert the flesh/sinful nature. You have to remain in the flow and learn to drink in the Spirit for that one to work though.[/FONT]
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.