inappropriate contentography

ghazirizvi

Apr 17, 2005
✟588.00
Faith
Muslim
Ok, you should not see my posts here are I am suggesting that Islam permits adultery or such sexual acts we talked about here. But like I said, having many wives is something similar as man gets more sexual satisfaction than each of the wives. However you say if it is private, it is ok, I don't have a problem with that.

Ok I think there is much much much more to having more than one wife than sexual variety. And I believe if you are associating that with inappropriate content in anyway, then that opinion is grossly biased.

Who are the partners of God?

No, I was just trying to give an example. Wouldnt you say that if a person associates partners with God then arent they commiting a major sin as opposed to a person who is just bieng rude, and is commiting a minor sin.

Upvote 0

ghazirizvi

Apr 17, 2005
✟588.00
Faith
Muslim
There is a difference of opinion among scholars of the major sins. Some number it seven and others number it seventy.

Those opinions which base it on seven sins do so by this Haadith.

Prophet (SAW) said "Avoid the seven noxious things"- and after having said this, the propeht (SAW) mentioned them: "associating anything with Allah; magic; killing one whom Allah has declared inviolate without a just case, consuming the property of an orphan, devouring usury, turning back when the army advances, and slandering chaste women who are believers but indiscreet." (Bukhari and Muslim)

But these Major Vices do not limit the number of major sins, they only point towards the sins which are considered major, and truly this number is much closer to seventy.

You can check it out here:
http://www.uh.edu/campus/msa/articles/majorsins.htmlhttp://www.uh.edu/campus/msa/articles/majorsins.html
http://www.themodernreligion.com/misc/hh/major_sins.htm

Upvote 0

ghazirizvi

Apr 17, 2005
✟588.00
Faith
Muslim
Meh, I don't really believe in sin per say.....so what I get from that is that if I sin....just a little....i'll be ok

The expanse of God (SWT) mercy in Islam is so great, that it is unimaginable.

On the Authority of Anas (RA) who said: I heard the messenger of Allah (SAW) say: Allah the Almighty has said:

"O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it." [ Reported by Al-Tirmidhi]

Surely, Allah does not forgive associating anything with Him, and He forgives whatever is other than that to whomever He wills. (al-Nisa 4:48 and 116)

As you can see Allah (SWT) is the greatest forgiver of all, the only unforgivable thing is Shirk (associating partners with the one true God [SWT])

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well...Well...Well...

What have we here? What is my view on inappropriate contentography? First I am not going to tell anyone if they should or shouldn't watch it. I will say that I have told my husband I won't tolerate it. Why? I will share a little personal information.

I am chubby, he is painfully thin. Now those actors and actresses on those inappropriate content flicks...yes I have seen some....are super built. If one were to look at them for long, you would begin to compare yourself and your partner to what is on the screen. And the acting!!! Oh for heaven sakes who acts like that??? So one could think, HEY! my wife or my husband don't act like that with me. OR how about Honey, I would really feel more attracted to you if you looked like him or her. Discontent isn't a good thing to stir up in a marriage. Marriage is hard enough without having to compete with stupid inappropriate contentography as well as what we have to compete with on regular TV programs and magazines.

As for the single peoples, I think it encourages a kind of mental attitude that they will be looking for in a companion and if you go looking for that and you find it and marry it...I can promise, it isn't likely to stay looking that way or acting that way.

Besides, I think we are more than carnal beings and it encourages us to waste time when we could be having more fun...say...with camping and hiking and going to art festival and plays and yes movies.

Okay so that is what I think..as a woman ;)

Casi

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alecto said:
Awww Cas, look at all the women of classic art, I dont see any supermodel figgures in there.

Yeah but at least they were smoothed out and not rolly polly ;) Thanks to three kids and thyroid problem. LOL YES i really do have a thyroid problem.

:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alecto said:
I dunno bout that....some of those girls were pretty stocky :)

Yeah but did they have lumps and bumps and rolls of fat? I don't think so ;) I told my hubby just now I couldn't bear to say I am fat or obeise but I am. I prefer the more kinder version of "chubby".

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ghazirizvi said:
Ok I think there is much much much more to having more than one wife than sexual variety. And I believe if you are associating that with inappropriate content in anyway, then that opinion is grossly biased.

inappropriate content is nothing but a tool created by and to satisfy the need of flesh for lust. Yes, having more than one wife on the surface might seem as "protecting and providing" as much as possible and if you are wealthy enough, but once you get them, you will see more procreation meaning more muslims into this world and much more sexual staisfaction. That is it.

No, I was just trying to give an example. Wouldnt you say that if a person associates partners with God then arent they commiting a major sin as opposed to a person who is just bieng rude, and is commiting a minor sin.

No, there are no major sin, minor sin in our faith. Sin is disobedience to God and His commandments. You committ a tiny one, like looking at a Playdude magazine and beating off, or a major one such as you rape someone. You committed these sins also in your heart with lusting, and they are different actions however root inside your heart is the same.

Who are the partners of God? There is none in Christianity.

Upvote 0

ghazirizvi

Apr 17, 2005
✟588.00
Faith
Muslim
inappropriate content is nothing but a tool created by and to satisfy the need of flesh for lust. Yes, having more than one wife on the surface might seem as "protecting and providing" as much as possible and if you are wealthy enough, but once you get them, you will see more procreation meaning more muslims into this world and much more sexual staisfaction. That is it.

Again, this opinion is highly biased. Do you know the history of polygamy in Islam, why it was started ? For the exact same reasons you are dismissing "protection and providing". And to dismiss them only as an alterior motive is quite wrong.

No, there are no major sin, minor sin in our faith. Sin is disobedience to God and His commandments. You committ a tiny one, like looking at a Playdude magazine and beating off, or a major one such as you rape someone. You committed these sins also in your heart with lusting, and they are different actions however root inside your heart is the same.

Who are the partners of God? There is none in Christianity.

OK, I understand what you are saying. I did not say there were any partners of God (SWT), I was talking hypothetically, that IF a person was to associate partners with God (SWT).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TreeHugger

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
✟7,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
arunma said:
Christianity views inappropriate contentography as bad, because it encourages premarital and extramarital lust.

i totally agree, lust is not what God wants he wants sex inside marriage and a relationship to be based on love, not sexual desires

Jesus teaches about sexual sin
...But I tell you that if anyone looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, in his minds eye he has already done that sin with the woman. If your right eye causes youn sin , take it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell... Matthew 5:28-29

this passage shows that Jesus taught us not look at another person in a lustful way and like them just because they are beautiful.

Upvote 0

Alecto

May 28, 2005
✟1,775.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Others
Rev Wayne said:
Thank God this is one area where I have not had to worry, since I've never been able to afford a inappropriate contentograph anyway.
The net is a beautiful thing. Free of charge. I know several sites that provide good stuff. I reccomend Kazaa, but your taking a real risk with your computer.

Upvote 0

raffster

Unabashed Truth
Sep 29, 2004
Somewhere
✟8,277.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nightcrawler_bamf said:
I'd like to find out every religons view on inappropriate contentography and why it is or isnt exceptable

One of the Ten Grave Precepts of Buddhism:

#3. Honor the body; Do NOT misuse sexuality

On a personal level-Buddhist perspective, I believe that inappropriate contentography further enlarges the delusion of mind, the illusion of self and adds to desire (which in Buddhism, all desire, even the desire of enlightenment) takes you further from enlightenment.

Hence those who have attained enlightenment are theoretically, "beyond" inappropriate contentography. It's impossible to "tempt" those who are enlightened to succumb to whatever inappropriate contentography's purpose is.

I recommend engaging in daily seated meditatio to those who are having a huge struggle with inappropriate contentography, regardless of your religion or faith. Mental discipline directly affects spiritual discipline. The stronger your mind is, the healthier your spirit will be.

Upvote 0