Visit site
✟13,463.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
As a Christian, is it possible to be "Out of the spirit?" Since the spirit dwells within us and not only that but comes upon us when we become Christians (yes, I believe there is a baptism of the Holy Spirit as a seperate event)... so how is it that we can be "out of the spirit?"

I understand that we can not be being led by the spirit, but that is different.

Out of the spirit seems to claim that the spirit is not in them at the moment.... how is that possible if you are a Christian?

Heinrich

Jul 16, 2003
Western Cape
✟762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My experience of this is limited but one verse comes to mind:

Gal 5:16 - 17 (NKJV) "I say then: Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fullfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish."

Maybe that helps? if not ignore the post :D

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shannonkish said:
As a Christian, is it possible to be "Out of the spirit?" Since the spirit dwells within us and not only that but comes upon us when we become Christians (yes, I believe there is a baptism of the Holy Spirit as a seperate event)... so how is it that we can be "out of the spirit?"

I understand that we can not be being led by the spirit, but that is different.

Out of the spirit seems to claim that the spirit is not in them at the moment.... how is that possible if you are a Christian?

One particular verse come to mind.
John in Revelation:
Revelation 1:10 KJV
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet...

This verse in interpreted in two ways that I know of:
1. He was "in the Spirit" on the Sabbath("the Lord's day"), or:
2. He was "in the Spirit" transported to the day of the Lord... which is considered to be the end of the age....
I tend toward the first concept.

But your question my dear friend in Christ is one of the many problems faced by those who equate the "Holy Spirit" with the "spirit of Christ".

The "spirit of Christ" is that spirit you receive when you are born again. It is the spirit that replaced the old adamic spirit with it's fallen nature.

The "Holy Spirit" is the Spirit of God that we are baptized with at some point after we are born again with the above mentioned "spirit of Christ."

We always have the "spirit of Christ" there is no other spirit in us that we can call our own. There is no "adamic" human spirit in there... it is gone. There is no "duel" nature, part fallen part divine in your spirit.
The manifestations of the "Holy Spirit" are wholly dependent on His will and His timing. He will manifest when the "anointing" is upon you. Being "in the Spirit" is just another degree of anointing. It is so powerful that you lose focus on the earthly realm that surrounds you. People who experience visions while fully awake often say that they are enveloped in a cloud or that suddenly they find themselves in a different place. This idea is taken one step further when believers are taken bodily into the ???? and return to tell what they saw. This concept is intimated by Paul:

2 Corinthians 12:1-2 LITV
1 Really, to boast is not profitable to me, for I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 I know a man in Christ fourteen years before--whether in the body, I do not know, or out of the body, I do not know, God knows--such a one was caught up to the third Heaven.

One last concept to consider is this: It is possible to enhance your immediate spiritual focus by praise and worship as described in this scripture:

Ephesians 5:18-20 LITV
And "do not be drunk with wine," in which is debauchery, but be filled by the Spirit, speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and praising in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks at all times for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, even to God the Father,

I have purposefully left out the verse numbers because this is one sentence and the "speaking" part is what accomplishes the "filling" part. If you will sing in the spirit, praise the Lord with little "spiritual songs" and give forth a constant stream of thanksgiving, you will feel the anointing rise in you and fill you. This is a key to any believer's spiritual life.

Reactions: altya
Upvote 0
G

Godz Marine

altya said:
*Admin hat on*

Please cool it guys or else a good thread will be closed. Anyone who are continue in bickering and flaming will receive warnings

*Admin hat off*

Please give this tread a chance to develop
Im sorry ablikespaintball but mirroring your attitude, you know all the keys needed to spell a word correctly are on your keyboard if you would just look!

Sorry. AB, please accept my apology for being out of line with the statement I made (above).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since no one is sticking up for my dear friend here I must. That was entirely out of line. He is only thirteen and is still maturing in the spirit and I would like to see some gentle corrections instead of finger pointing and naming. Some of us have more outspoken temperaments than others and we are learning to reign in our mouths with the gentle mature guidance of the moderators. Instead of starting flame throwing wars against him take a big sister position and gently point out he has his foot in his mouth.
Or better yet privately yell at him. Hes used to it from me.;)
Heres a good idea for a number of us on here, instead of pointing out each others faults.. namely my temper, alexs mouth :blush:
Lets focus on building up the gifts and exhorting one another.:clap:
We can argue later

Upvote 0

Shannonkish

Proud member of the Loud Few
Sep 12, 2003
Visit site
✟13,463.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Lottedah...

This isn't the first time he has insulted some... especially me. While I agree.. he shouldn't have been mocked, I can't blame the person that did so because she was only retorting to his like attitude in his responses.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Shannonkish said:
I would like the see the scripture that distinguishes between the two... last I checked there were only 3 in the Triunity... not 4.
The scripture was posted, but where does that equate four being in the 'triunity'?

When offended - don't respond in kind; Respond with kindness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faith_04

Feb 4, 2004
IL
✟136.00
Faith
Christian
Hey guys I'm new in all this "spirit filled" stuff, and am still kinda searching in what to believe on it. I was raised in a christian home all my life. My father is a pastor at a baptist church. I was saved at the age of five, and have been " water baptised" . Though, I was tought that " baptistim in the holy spirit " and the evidance of it is false.
Last summer I worked at a camp where a lot of people belived in the gifts of the holy spirit. At that time I was like "well I don't believe that and blah blah". But I had no proof on why i didn't. I just didn't because I was raised to believe that. Well I'm at a time in my life where I'm only nine teen, but coming to the age where I'm trying to figure out " is what I believe because I was "raised" that way" ..... which is just going by "religion" or because in my heart I do really believe because God has revealed to me that, that's what His word says. Anyway I'm kinda "talking" to this guy that I met there, and he believes in the gifts of the holy spirit. He actually bought me the book " Spirit filled believers" by: Derek Prince. I just have to say that it's an amazing book. I've learned a lot. The thing is, is I'm still confused on some things. I was wanting to ask y'all if maybe you can give me some testomony of y'alls experiance of being baptised in the holy spirit? I really would like to learn more about it, but I want to make sure that I'm not believing this because I "like" this guy, but because in my heart I do. I have studied and studied about this topic. I know my friend is not making it up when he tells me that he has the gift of speeking in tounges.
I've had so many people tell me differnt things that don't believe this. Some believe it could be demonic etc. It's also hard for me, for the fact that my whole family doesn't believe this. I'm coming to that point where I do believe in the "gifts of the spirit", though there's just somthing missing, and I guess I want to make sure it's not "this friend" of mine who has filled this stuff in my head. Like I have been saying, I want to know in my heart it's so much more, and a way to even become more in a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
Thanks
Rashelle

Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Rashelle; In your heart hit's it on the head. God can teach your heart but He must trian your head. " His ways are not our ways". Eph. 1-17 " that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdim and revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," I meet Derek Prince 30 yrs. ago he is sound in doctrine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.