Utah - I travel often
✟8,182.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I really hope a few literal creationists take you up on your challenge as I look forward to your response. :thumbsup:

Just a thought - It has been my experience that creationists really do not understand the Big Bang theory and that they do not really pay attention to Genesis with any hope to applying the principles of creation given there to the advancement of our understanding of this earth (necessary for having dominion of it) and the great gift from G-d that it is.

Son of Zadok

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Just a thought - It has been my experience that creationists really do not understand the Big Bang theory and that they do not really pay attention to Genesis with any hope to applying the principles of creation given there to the advancement of our understanding of this earth (necessary for having dominion of it) and the great gift from G-d that it is.

Son of Zadok

This is true.

If they would read this link below they would understand better that Gen 1:1 is correct...

Gen 1:1
http://kofh2u.tripod.com/id19.html

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

You've also left out:

1)Neo-Proterozoic Era
2)Meso-Proterozoic Era
3)Paleo-proterozoic Era
4)Neoarchean Era
5)Mesoarchean Era
6)Paleoarchean Era
7)Eoarchean Era
8) Early Imbrian Era
9)Nectarian Era
10) Basin Groups Era- first life forms evolved (about 1.5 Billion years before your claim)
11) Cryptic Era

Probably because you didn't know that Proterozoic and Archeean are also Eons. I suggest you stop trying to teach science.

The Proterozoicrock layer is merely divided into parts called "stages."

1)Neo-
2)Meso-
3)Paleo-

Same for the Archean Stages of that rock layer;

5) Neo-
5)Meso-
6)Paleo-
7)Eo-

See this link for more details:

http://kofh2u.tripod.com/id135.html

Upvote 0

Freedom63

Universal Reconciliationist (Eventually)
Aug 4, 2011
Indiana
✟1,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Son of Zadok

I myself do not understand the big bang theory beyond the most basic level. I am not educated in the physical sciences beyond the basics covered in my B.S.. My Masters degree did not even include any physical sciences. Still I am fascinated by scientific research and enjoy reading the newest developments, even if I don't keep up all that well.

But as much as I am fascinated by science, I am perhaps even more fascinated by the ongoing debate between the scientific community (Including a great many believers of course) and the young earth literal creationist crowd. Anybody who understands logical thought and reasoning (a gift from God) should be both amused at the typical exchanges between the two while at the same time shocked at how willing some are to completely set aside all logic and/or rational thought (again, a gift from God) to cling to a dogma regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

For me one of the most obvious issue literal creationists seem to miss is that God is the very Author of His creation. He would not engineer all of the evidence within that creation to deliberately deceive us. On the contrary, scripture tells us that the heavens declare Him. For me...scientific advances are wonderful as they help us to know more about the Creator Himself.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

I myself do not understand the big bang theory beyond the most basic level. I am not educated in the physical sciences beyond the basics covered in my B.S.. My Masters degree did not even include any physical sciences. Still I am fascinated by scientific research and enjoy reading the newest developments, even if I don't keep up all that well.

Go to this link and it will relly explain it all for you in simple terms and pictures:

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2011
✟7,803.00
Faith
Christian
Can we all agree on Genesis1:1?

Scientists will argue that even their Big Bang seems different to them that what Gen 1:1 states, but even they admit that Time did "begin" ticking 13.5 billion years ago.

That is enough fo me to accept that mush of their Evolution Theory,... an in the beginning @ 13.5 billion years ago.

How about you tools?

I guess you are looking for understanding; being that you dont really seem to even understand what you are trying to say; so for you to be looking for TOOLS: tells me that you may want to have your thoughts fixed:
Dont blame you; So do I; thank God for JESUS
ANYWAY

Mans theories can only attempt to understand things the eternal God did in an instant:
If you notice; there was light even before the stars were made to govern that light: So a power took place when God began:
Was it an explosion;
Thats what we call it; God calls Himself a consuming fire:

Even when we TRY to look into creation; where do we end up:
BOOM:
We can come close to that big bang through our atomic research; in which we try to pry into Gods Work; and we end up coming face to face with something that will comsume us; BOOM

Right were it started:
So maybe there was a boom, we dont know since man was yet to be created to hear it; but ask us; and we know it all right:
All we know is that there was a light manifest: So we gather up all of our time and calculations to try to understand what God did through His Word; in an instant:

Look how far off we are with even our dating of fossils:
what dont we take into account;
The compression of the waters upon the earth:
Thus we dont take into account the power of God sometimes:
Blessings

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

I guess you are looking for understanding; being that you dont really seem to even understand what you are trying to say; so for you to be looking for TOOLS: tells me that you may want to have your thoughts fixed:
Dont blame you; So do I; thank God for JESUS
ANYWAY

Mans theories can only attempt to understand things the eternal God did in an instant:
If you notice; there was light even before the stars were made to govern that light: So a power took place when God began:
Was it an explosion;
Thats what we call it; God calls Himself a consuming fire:

Even when we TRY to look into creation; where do we end up:
BOOM:
We can come close to that big bang through our atomic research; in which we try to pry into Gods Work; and we end up coming face to face with something that will comsume us; BOOM

Right were it started:
So maybe there was a boom, we dont know since man was yet to be created to hear it; but ask us; and we know it all right:
All we know is that there was a light manifest: So we gather up all of our time and calculations to try to understand what God did through His Word; in an instant:

Look how far off we are with even our dating of fossils:
what dont we take into account;
The compression of the waters upon the earth:
Thus we dont take into account the power of God sometimes:
Blessings

Oh, definitely and I agree.

people who believe in what Genesis says whether they got it aligned with Science or not is fine with me.

I am interested in getting the scientiests to see that Genesis says the same basic ideas without the details.
I want them to notice that Science does not contradict anything that Genesis actuallyy says if we examine the bible critically and read it properly.

here is a link to what I am saying about the Big Bang beginning:

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

The Proterozoicrock layer is merely divided into parts called "stages."

1)Neo-
2)Meso-
3)Paleo-

Same for the Archean Stages of that rock layer;

5) Neo-
5)Meso-
6)Paleo-
7)Eo-

See this link for more details:

Gen 1:8

I don't need to follow your self-referential link. These "stages" are called "eras."

You don't have enough eons to fit your "7 day" model and too many eras, so you mixed them up and threw on a made up "cosmological era."

Now you've switched to a generic "stages" label. You can't mess up the science and then claim that the bible matches your pseudoscience and expect it gives credibility to either.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

I don't need to follow your self-referential link. These "stages" are called "eras."

You don't have enough eons to fit your "7 day" model and too many eras, so you mixed them up and threw on a made up "cosmological era."

Now you've switched to a generic "stages" label. You can't mess up the science and then claim that the bible matches your pseudoscience and expect it gives credibility to either.

Eon mean the rock layer is in the billions of years old, while the word era at rthe end merely means the rock layer is in the millions of yesrs old.

Sii the thumb below to undersdtand this point.

The use of the pregixes in front of the sic rock layers followed ny either the word eon or era tellsus what part of the sic layers we might be looking at in any instance.

But therr are only six layers, each separated by some cataclysmic geological event.

Attachments

• 4d13d4c9.jpg
    4d13d4c9.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

cupid dave

Now the next amazing correspondence is between what Genesis says about Light and the Dark Comic Age according to the most recent findings in Modern Science.

Apparently, Genesis is correct that visible light was not created until the Stars formed!

That was thousands of years AFTER the Big Bang.

Check the facts here:
Genesis 1:3

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0

Son of Zadok

Traveler
Dec 9, 2010
Utah - I travel often
✟8,182.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now the next amazing correspondence is between what Genesis says about Light and the Dark Comic Age according to the most recent findings in Modern Science.

Apparently, Genesis is correct that visible light was not created until the Stars formed!

That was thousands of years AFTER the Big Bang.

Check the facts here:
Genesis 1:3

Do you believe that Genesis is correct in implying that plants and fruit trees were created without sunlilght?

Son of Zadok

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Outright heresy.

Joking?

There are a dozen mainstream major denominational Christian churches, all of which were "heresies" against one another, starting in 1054AD, when the Greek Orthodox ended the 1000 years reign of just one church.

Rev. 20:4 And I saw thrones (of Universal Christian authority) and they, (the 144,000 monks of Catholic monasticism: [Rev14:4]), sat upon them, (in 380AD, when Christianity was mandated as the ONLY legal religion in the Empire), and (theocratic) judgment was given unto them (in the days of Catholic Monasticism): and I saw the souls, (the spirit-like psyches), of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, (Old Testament and New), and which had not worshipped (by participation in the paganistic practices and sexual excesses fueling) the beast (of the Roman economic system which had been based upon selfish self-interest), neither his image (on his coinage), neither had received his mark (of ledgered accounts recorded) upon their foreheads, or in (wages in) their hands; and they lived (as angels in the minds of Christians who have followed, these beheaded saints, in the memories of congregations who worshiped in churches built upon the bones of their remains)... .... and (they) reigned (in Monasticism) with Christ a thousand years, (from 54 AD upon the appearance of the Holy Comforter, until 1054 AD with the first Schism of Greek Orthodoxy).

Revelation 20: The Great Day of the Lord on the clouds of heaven:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums