Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
In Just Seven Days

In seven days after you leave the earth and enter Paradise, YOU WILL FORGET THAT YOU EVER LIVED AND FOUGHT WITH DEVILS AS A HUMAN BEING ON EARTH! Father will DELETE ALL MEMORIES of this EARTHLY EXPERIENCE. This principle is true for all men who PASS OVER after Jesus calls his TRUE NAME! When Father said, “Behold I will make all things new”, believe Him. He is serious!

2 Esdras 7:[100] Then I asked: 'When souls are separated from their bodies, will they be] be given the opportunity to see what you have described to me?' 'They will be allowed seven days,' he replied; 'for seven days they will be permitted to see the things I have told you, and after that they will join the other souls in their abodes.'

2 Baruch 43:1 'But, do thou, Baruch, direct thy heart to that which has been said to thee, And understand those things which have been shown to thee; For there are many eternal consolations for thee. 2 For thou shalt depart from this place, And thou shalt pass from the regions which are now seen by thee, And thou shalt forget whatever is corruptible, And shalt not again recall those things which happen among mortals.

Isaiah 54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

Isaiah 65:16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

So if a loved one dies and you did not have a chance to say, “Good-bye”, do not worry about it! WE ALL WILL FORGET THAT WE EVER LIVED AS MEN ON EARTH. This is part of Father’s PLAN “to make an end of sin’, Daniel 9:24.

Reactions: Aseyesee

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Of all the quotes provided, only 2 Baruch seems to suggest forgetting life on earth. Neither the passage from 4 Ezra (2 Esdras), nor those from Isaiah point to forgetting life on earth. It should go without saying that 4 Ezra and 2 Baruch are not regarded as canonical by the vast majority of Christians (best as I can tell 4 Ezra is accepted only by the Ethiopians and 2 Baruch is sometimes found in the Syriac Peshitta).

Baruch is being told of his death here, and I'd wager that the meaning here is probably along the lines of "the dead know nothing" as per Ecclesiastes. The point isn't what Baruch will or won't remember in the afterlife, the point is that Baruch is going to die and needs to give his final message to his people.

And, perhaps most important of all? This is not a doctrine of Scripture or the Church, and telling people "not to worry" because we're going to completely forget about the life we lived not only brings precisely no comfort, it is quite damning as it amounts to saying that our life here means absolutely nothing. Such thinking is tantamount to Gnosticism. How we live our lives matter, how we treat other people matters, people matter, relationships matter, love matters, creation matters. God cares about it. In fact, God is going to redeem it all. That's why we look forward to the resurrection of the body and the life of the age to come, not flying up into a place called "heaven" as disembodied spirits for all eternity.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Just Seven Days

In seven days after you leave the earth and enter Paradise, YOU WILL FORGET THAT YOU EVER LIVED AND FOUGHT WITH DEVILS AS A HUMAN BEING ON EARTH! Father will DELETE ALL MEMORIES of this EARTHLY EXPERIENCE. This principle is true for all men who PASS OVER after Jesus calls his TRUE NAME! When Father said, “Behold I will make all things new”, believe Him. He is serious!

2 Esdras 7:[100] Then I asked: 'When souls are separated from their bodies, will they be] be given the opportunity to see what you have described to me?' 'They will be allowed seven days,' he replied; 'for seven days they will be permitted to see the things I have told you, and after that they will join the other souls in their abodes.'

2 Baruch 43:1 'But, do thou, Baruch, direct thy heart to that which has been said to thee, And understand those things which have been shown to thee; For there are many eternal consolations for thee. 2 For thou shalt depart from this place, And thou shalt pass from the regions which are now seen by thee, And thou shalt forget whatever is corruptible, And shalt not again recall those things which happen among mortals.

Isaiah 54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

Isaiah 65:16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes. 17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

So if a loved one dies and you did not have a chance to say, “Good-bye”, do not worry about it! WE ALL WILL FORGET THAT WE EVER LIVED AS MEN ON EARTH. This is part of Father’s PLAN “to make an end of sin’, Daniel 9:24.
It is for sure that sin and death will have no part in the new heavens and new earth and therefore all things including memories that are of or lead to sin and death will also have no part.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Just Seven Days

I find this a present truth as well ...

... and yet, and in seven days I will cause it to rain ...

Upvote 0