✟263,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Thessalonians 4:4 (NASB20)
that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These words are meant to express the common end of one’s experience of salvation, for the salvation that there is in Christ produces this potential…. For in this world volumes and volumes have been written on how to overcome this and that vice and put on this and that virtue, each touting a different system, method and direction, all with the end of trying to perfect the flesh… After all is said, done and tried, the doer is none the better, if by chance something has been overcome it has just been replaced by the pride of having overcome so therefore one sin has been exchanged for another…

For scripture puts forth only two things to overcome all vices and put on all virtues, and that is death and then life…. For only one’s death overcomes all of one’s self, and only the life of Christ coming to life in one can put on all virtues… This is why scriptures says ‘the salvation that is through faith in Christ Jesus’….

For the faith that overcomes is the faith that grows after one sees that only by their death can and will they stop sinning, then when this truth is seen one runs to one’s death in Christ to be set free from this life that refuses to stop sinning… For he that has died is free from having to sin, for the faith that reckons themselves having died with Christ and raised to a new life when He was raised to a new life is the life that will experience this death and this raising…..

To the end that one might know how to possess their vessel in sanctification and honor in the remaining time in the body….

For the just shall live by faith, for that one’s faith produces in that one that one’s ability to possess their own vessel in sanctification and honor…. Or to put a sharper point on the sword, if one is not possessing one’s vessel in sanctification and honor one is not living by faith and has not entered into one salvation in Christ the way God has intended….

If this is true and living by faith does in fact produce these desired results in one’s life, understanding what it means to live by faith would be the most important thing in life if one would be pleasing to God….

May we all be blessed in knowing and experiencing what it means to live by faith to the end this scripture might ring true in our lives….

Unto Him be our all, Not me

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
1 Thessalonians 4:4 (NASB20)
that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
Some versions use holiness so one definition of sanctification is holiness.

... that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, (ESV)​

According to Jesus it was possible for Jews to stop sinning even before the baptism of the Holy Spirit ...

Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “Behold, you have become well;do not sin anymore,
so that nothing worse happens to you.”
(John 5:14)
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." (John 8:11)​

The apostle Paul's words to the Corinthian church (1 Corinthians 15:34) echo those of Jesus ...

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. (KJV)​

"I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other!
But since you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth."

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some versions use holiness so one definition of sanctification is holiness.

... that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, (ESV)​

According to Jesus it was possible for Jews to stop sinning even before the baptism of the Holy Spirit ...

Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “Behold, you have become well;do not sin anymore,
so that nothing worse happens to you.” (John 5:14)​
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." (John 8:11)​

The apostle Paul's words to the Corinthian church (1 Corinthians 15:34) echo those of Jesus ...

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. (KJV)​

"I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other!
But since you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth."

Thank you for your thoughts, may we all be blessed as we pursue the truths that are revealed in Christ… Many blessings as we pursue Him..

A fellow pursuer, Not me

Upvote 0