Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
♥ In Loving Memory of Davy Jones ♥
images207.jpg

December 30, 1945 - February 29, 2012

♥ Private funeral for Davy Jones held in Florida ♥

He passed away of a heart attack on the morning of February 29, 2012. He was 66 years old. He is survived by his wife Jessica and his four daughters,Talia, Sarah, Jessica, Annabel, from previous marriages. He left us too soon and his sudden passing has left a void in the hearts of his family, his friends, and his fans. Davy was adorable, a heartthrob, and a sweetheart. May he rest in peace. He will be deeply missed by his family, his friends, and his fans.

♥ In Memoriam of David Thomas Jones ♥

♥ A Special Message from His Family to His Fans ♥

♥ Send a Special Tribute Message to His Family ♥

♥ "Rest In Peace, Manchester Cowboy..." ~ Micky Dolenz ♥
images
images
images

Last edited:

Shades of Gray

Feb 22, 2012
✟8,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shades of Gray

Feb 22, 2012
✟8,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
♥ Love Still Abides ♥

He has passed on beyond the range of sight
Into the glory of the morning light
Out of the reach of sorrow and despair
Safe in the shelter of the Father’s care
Weep not for him, say not he is dead
He has gone on a few short steps ahead
Faith looks beyond this time of grief and pain
Love still abides, and we shall meet again.

♥ In Loving Memory of Davy ♥

images
images
images

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shades of Gray

Feb 22, 2012
✟8,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
♥ Tributes to Davy from Peter, Micky and Mike ♥​

Peter Tork

"It is with great sadness that I reflect on the sudden passing of my long-time friend and fellow-adventurer, David Jones. His talent will be much missed; his gifts will be with us always. My deepest sympathy to Jessica and the rest of his family. Adios, to the Manchester Cowboy."

Micky Dolenz

"I am in a state of shock; Davy and I grew up together and shared in the unique success of what became The Monkees phenomena. The time we worked together and had together is something I’ll never forget. He was the brother I never had and this leaves a gigantic hole in my heart. The memories have and will last a lifetime. My condolences go out to his family."

Michael Nesmith

"All the lovely people. Where do they all come from? So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don’t exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity.

That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane. David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us. I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels."

Tribute from the other Monkees (Monkees.Net)

images
images
images

♥Micky posted this photo on his Facebook page on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 ♥

418237_338016166244740_332980520081638_947038_463370153_n.jpg

And this is the caption he wrote: "Rest In Peace, Manchester Cowboy...."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shades of Gray

Feb 22, 2012
✟8,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
♥ This is a message from Davy's daughters, Annabel and Jessica, to his fans around the world. ♥
Posted Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jessica and Annabel Jones have asked that we share Annabel's statement regarding her father. It is quite frankly the most beautiful . Please share.

Some of you may or may not know that on Wednesday last week I lost my Father. My family and I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of everyone who has reached out to tell us that we're not alone. Thank you for helping to make me feel less lost and bottomless, knowing you are all dotted around the Earth makes life less frightening and like if we all reached out we could hold hands and make a chain all the way around the planet.

Dad and I connected mostly over music, songwriting and performance, that's where we understood each other. The hours I spent sitting amongst you all watching him perform are honestly some of my most precious and treasured moments. Everything was so simple while he was up there, I felt proud and close and I understood him there, as I know you all did.

I have heard about "Occupy Beavertown" and I want you to know that I think it's a WONDERFUL idea, I wish us girls could be there with you. It will be so great for you all to be together and see the Church that he built for ALL of us. Please respect the neighbours and your surroundings, I know that you will.

Take pictures and send them to me?

Keep in touch…

Annabel

xox

Davy Jones Facebook Page

images
images
images

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truly a lovely tribute. :)

I think hearing Davy sing one of the most popular of the Monkees songs, is fitting now too.

I do like the condolences the remaining Monkees sent to everyone during this sad time. Especially Michael's. He left the group years ago and made his own way. However, he still obviously has a great fondness for the memories they all made together.

This, is Davy.

Goodbye dear soul. And thank you for the music.

book2.gif

Upvote 0

Shades of Gray

Feb 22, 2012
✟8,575.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
♥ ~ In Loving Memory of Davy ~ ♥

images
images
images

Your music brought such happiness into my life, Davy. You made my life a little more brighter and happier.

I thank you for all the memories and for all the laughter. You were truly a beautiful, kind, and sweet soul.

Your family, friends, and your fans will miss you so much. I will miss you so much. May you rest in peace.
♥ In Loving Memory of Davy ♥

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.