IN CHRISTMAS, whom we celebrate..., to Santa Calus, Harry Potter, or Jesus?

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Great post! I like to also point out that Tolkin was a Christian and mentor to C.S.Louis and although their books have "magic" they are ultimately designed to point towards Christ.

Jesus does not need any magic of magicians who lives in cathedrals. The Gospel is rich in mercy and wisdom to teach the common good.

Upvote 0

SilverBlade

May 12, 2013
✟16,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are none so blind as those who want not see. The world is disintegrating into thousands of philosophies of war, fantasy, magic and demons ("Twilight"), and you say nothing happens. What else is needed for you to see the world as it is, and what it preaches?

I see what the world is, and we all know that movies are fake. After the end credits..what does it say "These events are entirely fictional" Movies are fake. Everyone knows it.

You're trying to make the case that these characters are real, that vampires and wizards are real, and that watching these characters somehow makes us go against some rules of Christianity.

Tell me, do you also think Optimus Prime is real too?

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by Superhero Sam
Some people say that Christmas is a pagan holiday. Is this statement true or false?

True. December 25 has nothing to do with Christ. People know this but don't really care enough and go along with the pagan rituals.

December 25 has much to do with Jesus Christ, because the early Christians respected this date to celebrate Christmas.

Each kind of man can celebrate whatever he want on that day, but Christian tradition has always held that day as the date to celebrate Christmas of Jesus Christ. The rest are old wives tales.

Christmas days are written in the Gospel. The rest are tales.

Upvote 0

Rev55

Jul 24, 2013
✟7,819.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
December 25 has much to do with Jesus Christ, because the early Christians respected this date to celebrate Christmas.

Each kind of man can celebrate whatever he want on that day, but Christian tradition has always held that day as the date to celebrate Christmas of Jesus Christ. The rest are old wives tales.

Christmas days are written in the Gospel. The rest are tales.

what? Can you please show me the historical document that shows early Christians celebrated Christmas. You can't find one because Christmas was a tool used by the catholic church to convert pagans. They took pagan holidays such as saturnali and winter solstace and just added Jesus to them.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what? Can you please show me the historical document that shows early Christians celebrated Christmas. You can't find one

You are completely wrong, because the angels celebrated it, and too celebrated it the shepherds and the Wise Men from the East who came to worship Jesus: (Luke 2:8-14 y Matthew 2:1-11)

because Christmas was a tool used by the catholic church to convert pagans. They took pagan holidays such as saturnali and winter solstace and just added Jesus to them.
Those are widespread tales that have nothing to do with reality. Christmas is not a tool used by any religion. Christmas is part of the Gospel, that reminds you of the Glorious Birth of Jesus Christ.

The pagan idolaters are those who want to end the Christmas, saying that Christmas is a pagan holiday.

Upvote 0