Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 15:

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2Every branch in me
i.e., in Christ

that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Jesus emphasized the importance of abiding in him.

Paul wrote about the spiritual Body of Christ in 1 Cor 12:

25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together. 27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
Christians born of the Paraclete are members of the Body of Christ. They are spiritually united in Christ.

Romans 8:

1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
We have freedom in Christ.

Gal 3:

26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slaveg nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.
We are Abraham's offspring in Christ.

2 Cor 5:

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
God does not just see us; he sees us in Christ.

Paul used the phrase "in Christ" 5 times in Ephesians 1:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places
We receive blessings in Christ.

Throughout Paul's writings, he identified true Christians as in Christ as a matter of spiritual reality. That's who we truly are and how God truly sees us.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
John 15:

i.e., in Christ

Jesus emphasized the importance of abiding in him.

Paul wrote about the spiritual Body of Christ in 1 Cor 12:

Christians born of the Paraclete are members of the Body of Christ. They are spiritually united in Christ.

Romans 8:

We have freedom in Christ.

Gal 3:

We are Abraham's offspring in Christ.

2 Cor 5:

God does not just see us; he sees us in Christ.

Paul used the phrase "in Christ" 5 times in Ephesians 1:

We receive blessings in Christ.

Throughout Paul's writings, he identified true Christians as in Christ as a matter of spiritual reality. That's who we truly are and how God truly sees us.
In Galatians 3:26-29, every aspect of being children of God (1), in Christ (2), through faith (3), and being children of Abraham and heirs to the promise (4) is directly connected to walking in obedience to God's law. In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to God's law are not children of God (1). In 1 John 2:6, those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked (2). In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the law (3). In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works as him, and in Acts 3:25-26, Jesus came in fulfillment of the promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (4).

Upvote 0