In an infinite multiverse, must the Trinitarian God somewhere exist?

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,264.00
Faith
Atheist
It sounds to me you're expressing faith. Good for you.

And yes...before there was something, excluding God that always had to exist, there was nothing.

Ah yes! That must be it! Before there was something (except the something that was there), there was nothing (except the something that we need).

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree with most previous posts, if a multiverse does exist, God transcends all of them.
However I don't believe multiverse exists and the only reason scientists think multiverse exists is that they can't explain how all the parameters of the universe are fine tuned in such pin point precision, and multiverse is the only explanation without invoking God (pretty much they went to ridiculous distances to be stay atheists :)

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
the only reason scientists think multiverse exists is that they can't explain how all the parameters of the universe are fine tuned in such pin point precision

Actually, they had other reasons for thinking so that have to do with quantum mechanics. It's not primarily about answering any "fine tuning" issues.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, they had other reasons for thinking so that have to do with quantum mechanics. It's not primarily about answering any "fine tuning" issues.

eudaimonia,

Mark
I'd be interested to learn which part of quantum mechanics lead to multi-verse.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd be interested to learn which part of quantum mechanics lead to multi-verse.

It has to do with explaining the counter-intuitive nature of quantum phenomena. Here is one example:

http://www.livescience.com/48806-parallel-worlds-quantum-mechanics-theory.html

Everett ended his career in physics shortly after getting his Ph.D., but many physicists now take the multiverse and parallel-worlds idea seriously. Poirier reworked the Many Worlds theory into the less abstract "Many Interacting Worlds" (MIW) theory, which could help explain the weird world of quantum mechanics.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It has to do with explaining the counter-intuitive nature of quantum phenomena. Here is one example:

http://www.livescience.com/48806-parallel-worlds-quantum-mechanics-theory.html

Everett ended his career in physics shortly after getting his Ph.D., but many physicists now take the multiverse and parallel-worlds idea seriously. Poirier reworked the Many Worlds theory into the less abstract "Many Interacting Worlds" (MIW) theory, which could help explain the weird world of quantum mechanics.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Thank you. It appears this is just one more way of trying to explain un-explainable things with something totally out of ordinary. Nowadays we can use mathematical models to "explain" everything. It will be interesting to see how this can be verified, because anything that can't be verified is basically unscientific.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
It appears this is just one more way of trying to explain un-explainable things with something totally out of ordinary. Nowadays we can use mathematical models to "explain" everything. It will be interesting to see how this can be verified, because anything that can't be verified is basically unscientific.

The hope is, of course, that such speculations can be verified.

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/resea...-worlds-exist-and-interact-with-our-world-say

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Still, it is so far fetched and no way can be verified

MIW can in principle be verified because in this model other worlds may interact with our own on the quantum level, which could lead to testable predictions.

Don't you think it is easier to believe in the existence of God then this :)

No, I don't.

However, I'm not suggesting that I believe that MIW is correct. I don't yet know that sufficient confirming evidence has been collected. However, if the evidence were compelling enough, I would believe. At the moment, I'm an "atheist" with respect to MIW.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0