Impunity is not mercy and punishment is never the negation of perfect love.

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Impunity is not mercy and punishment is never the negation of perfect love.

• “Who is he that says, and it comes to pass, when the Lord commands it not? Out of the mouth of the most High proceeds not evil and good?” (Lamentations 3.37,38).

At first, we look on this something antic. We look away from the truth that the Creator works good and evil:

• “Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD has not done it?” (Amos 3.6).
• “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” (Isaiah 45.7).
• “Behold, I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that brings forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the destroyer to destroy.” (Isaiah 54.16).

This sounds like harsh, severe. Nevertheless:

• “The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself brings his mother to shame.” (Proverbs 29.15).
• “Withhold not correction from the child: for if you beat him with the rod, he shall not die. You shall beat him with the rod, and shall deliver his soul from hell.” (Proverbs 23.13,14).

Of course:

“…no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby” (Hebrews 12.11).

Thus:

• “Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects: therefore despise not you the chastening of the Almighty: for he makes sore, and binds up: he wounds, and his hands make whole.” (Job 5.17,18).

Considering that the sin is the chiefly cause of our grieves (James 4.1-3), every treatment that aims at making us free from it, certainly it is something good. Most of the times we get taut and careworn. Nonetheless, it’s bad all adjuration that aims at setting us apart all predicaments that was brought for Jesus in order to take away from our lives everything that preclude us of getting on with Jesus and people that He put in our life.

We can’t be complacent with the sin in our lives. All mercy that deviate us from the pain of the deliverance (which is, many times, dolorous) only will make our interior disturbed with doleful feelings and sickly thoughts. So, seek out seeing the turpitude within you, accept Jesus extract it from your life and have a weekend free of sulky feelings and dreary thoughts.