• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I keep having the thoughts popping into my head about the mark of the beast. All these thoughts about the things the beast will do like ending wars, I had a thought creep in about "that's nice he's ending all wars" I don't want l go to hell with that horrible mark but I keep having thoughts and some of them feel like they're mine. :( I'd like to put a positive thread but I am seeking biblical help so the fear does not consume me.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I keep having the thoughts popping into my head about the mark of the beast. All these thoughts about the things the beast will do like ending wars, I had a thought creep in about "that's nice he's ending all wars" I don't want l go to hell with that horrible mark but I keep having thoughts and some of them feel like they're mine. :( I'd like to put a positive thread but I am seeking biblical help so the fear does not consume me.
Hi DG, I'm a cognitive behavioural therapist and what you describe sounds like intrusive thoughts.

They are completely harmless but none the less distressing (I myself often have intrusive thoughts about my son dying).

The good news is that this can be treated quite efficiently with cognitive behavioural therapy.

Consult with you doctor and you can get a referral to someone who can deliver evidence based treatment (that's how it work in the UK, I'm sure it is similar in your country).

It works.

All the best.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi DG, I'm a cognitive behavioural therapist and what you describe sounds like intrusive thoughts.

They are completely harmless but none the less distressing (I myself often have intrusive thoughts about my son dying).

The good news is that this can be treated quite efficiently with cognitive behavioural therapy.

Consult with you doctor and you can get a referral to someone who can deliver evidence based treatment (that's how it work in the UK, I'm sure it is similar in your country).

It works.

All the best.

I cant really get medical health care, that's why I come here. People who will be there for me and maybe have scriptural refutations for fear.

• Prayers
Reactions: introverteen
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I cant really get medical health care, that's why I come here. People who will be there for me and maybe have scriptural refutations for fear.
If you'd like I could give you the title of some general text that can teach you the basics of CBT.

All the best.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

I wish that I could think of something good to tell you DeerGlow. Like what the other guy said up there: no one can snatch you from His Righteous Right Hand.

The whole world is going to worship and wander after the beast. Every one whose name has NOT been written in the Lamb's Book of Live. But you name IS written in the Book. How do I know? Because you believe in Jesus. That why you're on a Christian forum all the time worried about the mark of the beast. His Sheep hear His voice. If they didn't, they wouldn't even be concerned about or believe that the mark of the beast will be for real.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wish that I could think of something good to tell you DeerGlow. Like what the other guy said up there: no one can snatch you from His Righteous Right Hand.

The whole world is going to worship and wander after the beast. Every one whose name has NOT been written in the Lamb's Book of Live. But you name IS written in the Book. How do I know? Because you believe in Jesus. That why you're on a Christian forum all the time worried about the mark of the beast. His Sheep hear His voice. If they didn't, they wouldn't even be concerned about or believe that the mark of the beast will be for real.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

If I was saved wouldn't the HS be confirming to me that I'm saved? And I'd feel sorrier for sin than scared for punishment, right?

Upvote 0

introverteen

Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
If I was saved wouldn't the HS be confirming to me that I'm saved? And I'd feel sorrier for sin than scared for punishment, right?

You will be 'saved' when you are resurrected in your new body.

In your current body you are in the process of being saved that is why you feel stuck because you have both light and dark warring with each other inside the earthly body.

The temptations and suffering you are experiencing now and until you die are the labour pains if you like. They won't cease till you are dead and raised again. We all feel that.

Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

Yes, that sounds about right. Everyone has varying levels of faith. But the first confirmation is a belief in Jesus. It's like the ultimate litmus test. Salvation comes only through faith in Jesus. Evey one is scarred of punishment. That's normal. That doesn't mean that you're not sincerely sorry for sin.

The main thing is, like John the Baptist said, everything is a gift from God. "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven. ...

So even belief in Jesus is a gift that comes from the Father. It means that IF you believe in Jesus, your name has been written in the Lamb's book of life from before the foundation of the universe.

NOBODY can snatch YOU from HIS Hand.

And that's a good thing.

:)

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that sounds about right. Everyone has varying levels of faith. But the first confirmation is a belief in Jesus. It's like the ultimate litmus test. Salvation comes only through faith in Jesus. Evey one is scarred of punishment. That's normal. That doesn't mean that you're not sincerely sorry for sin.

The main thing is, like John the Baptist said, everything is a gift from God. "A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven. ...

So even belief in Jesus is a gift that comes from the Father. It means that IF you believe in Jesus, your name has been written in the Lamb's book of life from before the foundation of the universe.

NOBODY can snatch YOU from HIS Hand.

And that's a good thing.

:)

Litmus?

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

You know like the ultimate indicator. Are we saved or not. Acidic vs basic. If you believe, you are in. That's all you've got to worry about. The rest will take care of itself. And in my opinion, the fact that you are here now, means that you are one of the elect.

Whom He has chosen.

Perseverance of the Saints - The precise ones God has elected and drawn to Himself through the Holy Spirit will persevere in faith. None whom God has elected will be lost; they are eternally secure (John 10:27-29; Romans 8:29-30; Ephesians 1:3-14).

• Agree
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You know like the ultimate indicator. Are we saved or not. Acidic vs basic. If you believe, you are in. That's all you've got to worry about. The rest will take care of itself. And in my opinion, the fact that you are here now, means that you are one of the elect.

Whom He has chosen.

Perseverance of the Saints - The precise ones God has elected and drawn to Himself through the Holy Spirit will persevere in faith. None whom God has elected will be lost; they are eternally secure (John 10:27-29; Romans 8:29-30; Ephesians 1:3-14).

Doesn't perseverance of the saints also mean someone like me who strayed was never saved?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

introverteen

Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't perseverance of the saints also mean someone like me who strayed was never saved?

As no one who has died can talk to us how are we to answer the unanswerable?
I'm looking forward to Dave's encouraging reply!!!

You remind me of Peter and Paul.
Peter denied Christ three times and look how well it turned out for Him. And Paul he was the Christian hater who also turned out well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

I don't think that it's as much about your works or behavior as much as do you believe. When you read the Gospels do you weep for Jesus and wish that you could have been there with Him. Then that proves that you believe in Him. And that means that you can't be lost.

Because the people who don't believe, don't even have time to consider it. They'll keep cursing His Holy name with their dying emphysema breath at 69 years of age.

My neighbor is over there right now. He looks like the Wikipedia page for the lost.
He has to fight now for every breath. And it's G-D this and G-D that. And my bet is that you are not going to ever be like him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

introverteen

Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I think you'd be better off focusing on active stuff like reading the bible, praying and fasting and leaving the overthinking behind for now. You'll wear yourself out with these pointless mind cycles it's just the evil one trying to mess you up.

Plus it never hurts to pray to receive the Holy Spirit again if you think you've lost it. Keep asking that's what we're told.

• Agree
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there; sometimes the phrase used is 'final perseverance of the saints'. This idea is similar to what John in His First Epistle calls 'walking in the light'. Someone who walks in the light may indeed sometimes stumble, but there is a vast difference between stumbling while walking in the light (aren't we all prone to stumbling from time to time?) and a final and complete rejection of the Divine light of God's Word.

Upvote 0