Important Places.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StormeTorque

Floreat Dunelmia
Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
✟17,535.00
Faith
Agnostic
England is a wasteland of moral deviance; there are NO important places there!

If that isn't the mark of a troll then what is?

As for important places (in the whole of Britain, not just England), anything historical, and anything which is considered to be a feat of engineering. The Forth Bridge, Durham Cathedral, Cambridge and Oxford, Edinburgh, there are too many to list...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i really dont know i cant think of anything i would want to see in england. maybe hillsong church london and abundant life church in bradford. i think that all the living churches are probably important places in the UK.

Upvote 0

caillan

Unknown quantity
Jan 17, 2004
✟441.00
Faith
Christian
obediah001 said:
I is not a troll. Just look at England today in light of her past. She is a mere hollow shell of her once mighty & literaly great past, when she stood for something mighty & noble wheras today she is mired in immorality & deviance of all sorts.

What immorality and deviance are you referring to specifically, that isn't common to the Western world?

I would agree that for a country that defined the modern world, that dragged the rest of the world into the 20th century, as a UK/US dual citizen, I am embarassed at the state of modern Britain. Arriving at Heathrow on Sunday I was faced with a 30 minute delay in landing due to congestion, a 30 minute wait at passport control because only two people were working at the time; there was a fault with the fire alarms in the terminal that caused a delay of 30 minutes; I had a 30 minute wait because the bus didn't even turn up; today our train into central London was delayed due to a points failure...this is the country where it is acceptable to tell commuters that a train has been delayed due to 'leaves on the track'.

Anyway, in response to the opening thread, I don't think anywhere is important because nationality is irrelevant to God...I cannot be proud in myself because of the achievements of certain people that once inhabited a particular part of God's creation that I have also lived in.

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
England is a wasteland of moral deviance; there are NO important places there!

Coming from a country where that description would seem to fit, I guess you would know obediah, LOL!!!!

I think the most important places in the UK is our magnificent countryside, you have to go along way in this world to beat it.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Iona off the island of Mull. For a long time it was the centre of Christianity in the British Isles (mainly Scotland and Ireland).

Stavropegic Monastery of Saint John the Baptist at Tolleshunt Knights by Maldon, Essex. Founded by an Athonite monk who had most of his stomach removed in an operation in France and expected to die soon after, who went on to live for another forty-odd years.

John.

Upvote 0

Addaperle

Fool for Christ
Jul 22, 2003
Brentwood, Essex, UK
Visit site
✟1,979.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
phnx said:
I stand and look at the USA in its present day and weep, however i dont go around CF badmouthing it do i?
Ditto...

As for important places, it depends on what you class to be important... To me, the important places are my home, my school, my Church, the BYP clubrooms, and the Sion Community houses... They may not be of national importance, but I wouldn't want life without them!

Clare xx

Upvote 0