sowellfan

Nov 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,000.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've got a project at work, and it's due date is next Friday, the 21st of November. That actually gives me a little more than a week to get this thing ready for issue. It's a *big* retirement community, & I'm designing the air conditioning, and the permit set of drawings (not quite the final construction set) is what is due.

I actually feel am pretty sure that I can do this if I can stay on task. I have a certain amount that I want to get done by the end of my work on Saturday, and I don't want to work on Sunday, as I have sometimes in the past when I was in panic mode on a project.

The bigger issue that I want people to pray about is this: I'm a *slacker*. I get bored at work and tend to get distracted by other things instead of staying on task, and that's how I get into these situations. I click onto the internet, check news sites, and waste a lot of time. A couple of days ago I installed some software that I can set to block all of the sites that I am tempted to visit during work hours, and even though I can get around it, that is enough to keep me away from the internet, except for work-related stuff, during work hours. I worry that after the rush to get this project out, I'll go back to my old ways. I'm 99% sure that my co-workers notice, and I don't want to be thought of as the office slacker.

So, if you could pray for:
1) Me meeting my goals for task completion so that my stress level can stay reasonably low and I don't have to do all-nighters at the end of next week
and
2) Me gaining some self-discipline

Thanks, Rich

btw, this is my first post. I just discovered this site, and I think I'm going to enjoy it (though not during work hours ;))

Welcome to CF Rich! I will keep you in my prayers as I have the same problem with self-discipline. I'm a computer programmer so I'll constantly get tired of programming and start surfing from website to website. Next thing I know 2 hours have gone by and I didn't accomplish anything. :scratch:

One thing I've started to do is set small goals for myself. After I accomplish a goal or 2 I will then allow myself to check websites for 10 minutes. After those 10 minutes are up I start working towards my next goal. This has helped tremendously, but I've only been doing it for about 2 weeks.

I hope this helps and I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck with the project!

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rich-

First off, welcome to CF! Glad to have you join us. :clap: Hope to see more of you, of course, only as your time permits and not during big project deadlines! :D

Will definately keep you in prayer. I know that sometimes I put off things I don't want to do as well and do stuff I shouldn't. Let us know how the project goes!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.