Minnesota
✟212,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The foreign press and even some of the major U.S. outlets are starting to report on the approximately ten thousand immigrants under one Texas bridge. It seemed like quite a coincidence that with another ten thousand immigrants just days away, that the FAA would ban drones, except with specific permission, to fly over the bridge zone for the next two weeks. This reminded me of banning access to the kids in cages. Coincidence or not, what do you think? Should the press be banned in situations where the Biden administration might be embarrassed? Should immigrants with COVID and measles and other diseases continue to be shipped from the border to the city of their choice on the taxpayer dime?

Thousands of immigrants wait for asylum under Texas bridge

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The foreign press and even some of the major U.S. outlets are starting to report on the approximately ten thousand immigrants under one Texas bridge. It seemed like quite a coincidence that with another ten thousand immigrants just days away, that the FAA would ban drones, except with specific permission, to fly over the bridge zone for the next two weeks. This reminded me of banning access to the kids in cages. Coincidence or not, what do you think? Should the press be banned in situations where the Biden administration might be embarrassed? Should immigrants with COVID and measles and other diseases continue to be shipped from the border to the city of their choice on the taxpayer dime?

How would you, as a Catholic, handle the situation? Thousands of people -- families - many of whom are undoubtedly Catholics, are fleeing their countries for the chance at a better life.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How would you, as a Catholic, handle the situation? Thousands of people -- families - many of whom are undoubtedly Catholics, are fleeing their countries for the chance at a better life.
The United States is very much a nation of immigrants, we want people who love our country. Reverse the Biden policies, that means send people back who commit crimes and acts of terrorism, stop helping the child trafficking and drug trafficking, stop letting in people with active COVID variants, and quit discriminating against people because they might not vote for Democrats. For example, Cuban refugees fleeing Communist tyranny are being sent back to Cuba, Haitians are being welcomed.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have issues that Catholics illegal might vote Republican. Of course I hope everyone has a better life.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Why aren't you concern about the illegals that arrive on planes to America. And never become legal?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why aren't you concern about the illegals that arrive on planes to America. And never become legal?
Look, I am concerned. But this was an immediate crisis, when the Haitians were told they would not be flown back to Haiti, they predictably called their friends and relatives and another ten thousand were days away. Then there would be twenty thousand, forty thousand, who knows how many Joe could have sent to cities around our country before enough people were informed to get him to stop? As to those flown in, I absolutely do not think that the child brides of Taliban brought to our country should remain with their new "husbands," I think we need to separate them and bring in child protective services. It is hard to keep up with the many newly created disasters.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I absolutely do not think that the child brides of Taliban brought to our country should remain with their new "husbands," I think we need to separate them and bring in child protective services. It is hard to keep up with the many newly created disasters.
Trump release 5,000 Taliban prisoners . Taliban released ISIS prisoners. Hopefully child brides of Taliban will be saved . But that's not the issue. Taliban wont let this happen . And they're not coming here . So your mind or media is lying or making stuff up. Taliban brides aren't crossing the border. Because Taliban wont allow them too. The Taliban are very cozy in Afghanistan. What about the people . That come to America through planes ? And stay here for ever. No seems to want to send them back or care .

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump release 5,000 Taliban prisoners . Taliban released ISIS prisoners. Hopefully child brides of Taliban will be saved . But that's not the issue. Taliban wont let this happen . And they're not coming here . So your mind or media is lying or making stuff up. Taliban brides aren't crossing the border. Because Taliban wont allow them too. The Taliban are very cozy in Afghanistan. What about the people . That come to America through planes ? And stay here for ever. No seems to want to send them back or care .
I am well aware of fake news--Russia Russia Russia, insurrection, safest election in history, etc. and the Associated Press is horrible however that they would make up a story to make the Biden administration look bad is a stretch. Here is a link, what do you think?
Reports of ‘child brides’ at Fort McCoy raise concerns

Upvote 0