i'm starting to have Sexual Desires again how can i keep them away?

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'v been recently starting to get sexual desires again wanting to look at inappropriate contentographic stuff and even lust but iv been trying my hardest to not do those sinful things.
How can i keep these desires away or at least not have the desires so much.

spiritualchristian7

Aug 6, 2019
NCR
✟16,028.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched inappropriate content last week.
Do I regret it? yes
Did I condemn myself for watching inappropriate content? no
Did I watch it again after? no
and now I'm back to being desire-free again.

The more you think about it, the more you think about it.
Case in point, just don't think about it.
The more you think about something, the more likely it is to bug you the whole day.
ex. working out=abs=body shape=body image=anxiety lol
*try not to focus on yourself too much, but focus on Jesus. Look up, don't look around you. Don't look at yourself.

One of the the biggest lies the devil instills in you is: you can't do it, because you're weak.
YOU ARE WEAK (your flesh is), but you certainly CAN DO IT because God is with you.
flesh<spirit

YOU CAN DO IT!
a trick I try to tell myself is to direct those desires for my future spouse :)
or telling my flesh off. not today, flesh! you're not gonna win again!

SIN SHOULD CHASE AFTER YOU, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

I hope this helps you. You're not alone with your struggles.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'v been recently starting to get sexual desires again wanting to look at inappropriate contentographic stuff and even lust but iv been trying my hardest to not do those sinful things.

You have to think outside the box in my opinion. In other words take a scientific view of human nature. For instance resurrected beings don't have sexual compulsions. Why? Because it is a human state used for reproduction. Your body naturally creates desire for sexual interactions.

If you're attracted to women then you should minimize the attractive elements and consider your perspective from a non-human orientation. For instance, "what are these attractive elements" and what would they be to a bird or a fish? Nothing?

Be the bird, become the bird :)

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have to think outside the box in my opinion. In other words take a scientific view of human nature. For instance resurrected beings don't have sexual compulsions. Why? Because it is a human state used for reproduction. Your body naturally creates desire for sexual interactions.

If you're attracted to women then you should minimize the attractive elements and consider your perspective from a non-human orientation. For instance, "what are these attractive elements" and what would they be to a bird or a fish? Nothing?

Be the bird, become the bird :)

You might also consider that women spend a lot of time emphasizing their attractive elements, with makeup and apparel. So do the opposite and mentally get into a state of normalizing the attractive elements, reducing the illusion that women create.

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟59,003.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know I sent you this in a private conversation but I have to put it here for anyone seeing the thread. (with additions)

Do you want the solution for inappropriate content? Think of human trafficking victims. Think of children, minors and adults who were kidnapped and forced into producing inappropriate contentographic materials.

Would you ever like to watch a kidnapped woman being forced to act the way you see? What would you do if it was someone in your family that was kidnapped? How does it feel that people would watch your oppressed and abused family member to seek sexual relief? Even worse, those victims are heavily abused both physically and psychologically.

This is one story: A woman trafficked into the sex trade in Ireland tells her story - Independent.ie

While not all of those might be used for the production of inappropriate contentographic material, you get my point. You can NOT know whether the person you are watching is a victim or went there wilfully. Instead of doing the guess-work, throw it all behind your back. (I was in your place, and trust me, it hurts God and hurts us, it will hurt you with a contaminated memory that you will suffer to clean, and with a strike to your relationship with God)

I'm currently reading a book that addresses the issue of trafficking and it is a very dark rabbit hole. Let us not fuel the industry.

There are PLENTY of stories. Rebuke the thoughts in the name of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Replace those thoughts with Jesus on the cross. Suffering and dying for YOU.

Yes look at Jesus hurting because He loves you to have better and to be free from wrong sexual compulsions.

Indeed eating grace and loving Him for it sets us free from wilful sins in the long run.

Hallelujah

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1 Cor. 7:8 Now to the unmarrieda]" and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Learn to differentiate having sexual desires from lusting after someone you shouldn't lust after. What you're not supposed to do is lust, so have the bar there rather than at having zero sexual desires.

Jags. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Try to remember, TEMPTATION ISN'T SIN! We will never be free from temptation until we arrive in Heaven.
However, remember Satan is not all-powerful! In Colossians 2:14-15. It tells us clearly that on the cross, Jesus defeated and disarmed Satan ONCE FOR ALL. Who would be afraid of an enemy who was disarmed and defenceless? All Satan has in his armoury are lies and more lies. He cannot deliver what he promises. All he possesses are LIES AND MORE LIES. Don't believe them, believe God's promises. God NEVER LIES AND NEVER TEMPTS US.
Here is another great promise: James 3:7. "Submit yourself therefore unto God, resist the devil AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU! Satan cannot make you do anything you don't want to do. You are God's freeman if you have been born again.
The best way is to nip the temptation when it shows itself in a thought or desire which God doesn't not approve of. If you get a sinful thought, suggestion, or inward sexual urge, send an arrow prayer up to heaven - HELP! Lord please help me and keep me from falling. That's another promise, "Unto Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before His presence with exceeding great joy".
Remember, there has NO TEMPTATION taken you but is common to man but God is able, with the temptation, make a way of escape that you may be able to bear it". Believe God and His promises, reject Satan and his lies.
Jags, go in the name of the Lord Jesus and enjoy the freedom He has provided. I am 80 years of age and have proved this to be true for decades. To God aloneness be all the glory.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Read and do what Romans 6 instructs you to do.

Upvote 0