• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I'm looking for someone to talk to

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm looking for someone who might be able to listen to what I'm going through. I was recently in an online relationship with a man who ended up hurting me really bad, and I don't know how to handle this.

I was abused (emotionally, physically and sexually) throughout my whole childhood, and I ended up with severe emotional trauma and personality disorders, and evil spirits. I was a complete mess, and people kept hurting me and taking advantage of me even as an adult.
Since I was saved two years ago, God has been healing me and helping me get through all of it, and I've calmed down a lot and have become much stronger, more stable and happier.

But I ended up in an abusive relationship a few months ago. It was very good in the beginning, but it quickly went downhill. I ended up traumatized by the way he treated me, my faith was hurt, and now my heart feels completely broken again, and I can't cope with this. I can't talk about it in public, because he is a member, so I need it to be in private.

I'm looking for someone I can pour out my heart to, who will listen, not judge, not blame this on me, and hopefully help me heal, and sort out my mind, because I'm still in shock. God is doing a lot for me, but I feel Him leading me to reach out. I'm not strong enough right now to handle this alone. I'm not angry at him, and I've forgiven him, but I need to start healing. Anyone?

And prayers would be much appreciated.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry to hear about your trouble but it's wonderful that you found the Lord. Depression and trauma can be hard to deal with, from what I understand it's a process you have to take day by day. For some reason when I'm depressed it helps to thumb through the Psalms, it helps to turn your heart and mind toward God.

As far as talking this thing out my guess is you would be better helped by talking to another woman. It's especially helpful if you could find someone who has been through this. If you want you can PM me, I'd be happy to listen. Afraid I couldn't offer a lot of advice but I might be able to offer an occasional insight from Scripture.

Other then that, God be with you as you learn to deal with these issues.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm looking for someone who might be able to listen to what I'm going through. I was recently in an online relationship with a man who ended up hurting me really bad, and I don't know how to handle this.

I was abused (emotionally, physically and sexually) throughout my whole childhood, and I ended up with severe emotional trauma and personality disorders, and evil spirits. I was a complete mess, and people kept hurting me and taking advantage of me even as an adult.
Since I was saved two years ago, God has been healing me and helping me get through all of it, and I've calmed down a lot and have become much stronger, more stable and happier.

But I ended up in an abusive relationship a few months ago. It was very good in the beginning, but it quickly went downhill. I ended up traumatized by the way he treated me, my faith was hurt, and now my heart feels completely broken again, and I can't cope with this. I can't talk about it in public, because he is a member, so I need it to be in private.

I'm looking for someone I can pour out my heart to, who will listen, not judge, not blame this on me, and hopefully help me heal, and sort out my mind, because I'm still in shock. God is doing a lot for me, but I feel Him leading me to reach out. I'm not strong enough right now to handle this alone. I'm not angry at him, and I've forgiven him, but I need to start healing. Anyone?

And prayers would be much appreciated.

I am so sorry you are enduring so much pain. God is with you. He will not abandon you and He has given his son, Jesus, so that we might always have comfort. Jesus loves you and will help you through this. Ask Jesus how to handle the situation and he will help you.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
looking at how you have been abused in the past, it's going to be best that you get the interaction you seek from females only. there will probably be some things you would want to talk about that you should only talk to a woman about and you don't want any unhealthy attachments or men attempting to take advantage of your emotional vulnerability for their own ends.

isn't there women only section on this forum?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you everyone for your prayers and your support. Some have reached out to me, and I'm gonna try and talk to them. :)
I know that Jesus will get me through all of this, and I am grateful to have my loving family of believers. I love all of you. :heart:

Upvote 0