i'm looking for highly recommended schools...

LaxItUp

Laxinitup, that's just how I roll...
Jul 20, 2004
Liberty U
Visit site
✟7,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
bliz said:
Liberty University has a long history of questionable (to be polite) recruiting techniques and procedures. These are recruiting methods members of The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and NACCAP (National Association of Christian College Admissions Personnel) have determined to be unprofessional. They are also classified as unprofessional by almost all secular colleges, public and private.

They also have a history of very generous freshmen year fiancial aid packages, and packages that are far less generous for subsequent years. So, families lpook at the first year's awards and think "We can afford this! Billy can go there!" and once Billy is there, and has friends and knows his professors, he doesn't want to transfer, so the family takes on debt they were not planning to, or perhaps should not take on, to keep Billy in the school he likes.
I don't know about all this, I've actually gotten more money every year. Just like quite a few of my friends. This being my senior year, LU is paying for over half of my education. I wouldn't quite knock on LU unless I've tried it or had personal experience dealing with them. Many scholarships they offer are one year, as well as many are four, each one clearly designated for what it is to be. I've never talked to anyone who has had this problem with finances before... Rock on LU!!!

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stand by my statements.

I said that LU had a "history" of fading fiinancial aid packages. I am very glad to hear that this has not been a problem for you, and I hope that that is true for many other students as well.

The concerns about Liberty's recruiting ethics remain. I do not need to have attended or sent a child to a college to know unethical admissions practices when I see them.

I am sincerely glad that you have had a very positive experience there.

Upvote 0