God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Im going to visit a few atheist / feminism Forums and see if I can round someone up from there and bring em back to CF. Wish me well.

I can PM you some forums or blogs you might want to go looking at to find an opponent if you are interested.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you're interested at all in this being a consructive discussion, you'll need to define feminism very specifically. Because I can see this quickly devolving into a lot of no such Scotsman fallacies.
The definition can be mutually agreed upon once a Debater is procured . This thread is just to line up a Debate and not to debate any issues in this thread.
I don't think so - you're asking someone to defend something undefined and to go first.

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, I believe that the pure Word of God teaches a form of "feminism" in that women are said to be "co-heirs" with their husbands of salvation. So in that sense there is a definite equality.

However, men and women ARE different and thus they have different roles to play in the home. Husbands are to be, first of all, lovers and they are, according to Christ, to be servants/slaves in their home. And, of course, they are to be the spiritual leader of the home.
Wives, thus, are to be submissive to their husbands "in everything" concerning God's Word.

Wives, on the other hand, have authority "over" their spiritual head and are to "rule in domestic matters."

-- Ken

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I believe that the pure Word of God teaches a form of "feminism" in that women are said to be "co-heirs" with their husbands of salvation. So in that sense there is a definite equality.

However, men and women ARE different and thus they have different roles to play in the home. Husbands are to be, first of all, lovers and they are, according to Christ, to be servants/slaves in their home. And, of course, they are to be the spiritual leader of the home.
Wives, thus, are to be submissive to their husbands "in everything" concerning God's Word.

Wives, on the other hand, have authority "over" their spiritual head and are to "rule in domestic matters."

-- Ken

Im looking to debate a strong Feminist woman on how Feminism has been detrimental to society .. including the immoral sexual arena .

Upvote 0

JackofSpades

Väinämöinen
May 10, 2014
✟1,792.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Im looking to debate a strong Feminist woman on how Feminism has been detrimental to society .. including the immoral sexual arena .

You should ask for Jane_The_Bane from CF, she usually writes on "Christianity and World religion" - board, so you should be able to contact her there.

I can't promise her willingness to argue with you, but she is articulate and holds feminist views. I would like to read that debate.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should ask for Jane_The_Bane from CF, she usually writes on "Christianity and World religion" - board, so you should be able to contact her there.

I can't promise her willingness to argue with you, but she is articulate and holds feminist views. I would like to read that debate.

Thanks. Ill contact Jane.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I would pay to see that one.

Not sure she would have interest though, but she is one of the most articulate and well thought out posters on this board.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.