I'm Gettin' Into Flyleaf Lately, Anyone Else?

Nachtjager

Mar 24, 2006
South Louisiana
✟512.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:) Just a quickie, picked up Flyleaf a couple weeks back and that CD's grown on me. There are four or five tunes on there that are seriously spiritual in nature and I want our youth band to start playing some of it. Anyone else been getting into Flyleaf lately? Thoughts on the band? ANY IDEA where I can find sheet music or tabs on them? :scratch: They're using some alternate tunings apparently and while the chorus stuff is relatively easy to play, the verses are giving me trouble in figuring them out. Later and God bless. :thumbsup:

JoyWillCome

The hair is adorable, I don't deny that.
Mar 4, 2005
Minnesota
Visit site
✟12,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nachtjager said:
:) Just a quickie, picked up Flyleaf a couple weeks back and that CD's grown on me. There are four or five tunes on there that are seriously spiritual in nature and I want our youth band to start playing some of it. Anyone else been getting into Flyleaf lately? Thoughts on the band? ANY IDEA where I can find sheet music or tabs on them? :scratch: They're using some alternate tunings apparently and while the chorus stuff is relatively easy to play, the verses are giving me trouble in figuring them out. Later and God bless. :thumbsup:

christianguitar.org has tabs for six of there songs.

Upvote 0

thechariot

May 31, 2005
texas
✟15,175.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i just downloaded a few songs a few days ago, not expecting too much from a girl singer. im not sexist or anything, just im not really into girl singing. i was very pleasantly surprised by the singing, lyrics, and the emotion and passion in it. cassie is an amazing song. iv listened to it like 343268686546 in the past few days and it is still amazing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SteelDisciple

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Washington State
✟17,535.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GodsNeverFarBehind said:
i really like their song "All Around Me", but it confusses me a bit...in the beginning it says "my tongue dances behind my lips for you", is that a Christian song or not?

If I read it right...it's about how we sometimes want to confess openly to God...but sometimes things hold us back from doing it. Even when we should. Her tongue wants to speak, but her mouth won't open to say the words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shama_llama

Feb 11, 2006
Ohio
Visit site
✟10,288.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love Flyleaf. I really want to pick up the cd soon. I just discovered them and I didn't expect to like them because I'm not a fan of female vocalists. But her voice is amazing! It's a bit more on the edgy side, not that stereotypical female voice. I love it!

Upvote 0

Nachtjager

Mar 24, 2006
South Louisiana
✟512.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:wave: Just checked back on this thread after a while. About the "tongue dances behind my lips for you" line in "All Around Me", she's not talking about anything sexual, she's talking about singing. When you're singing, your tongue is doing a lot of moving around, that's what she's talking about. Of couse, a lot of secular folks pick up an entirely different meaning :o !!! Later and God bless! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0