Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟799,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
praying for you.

We're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) and renew our minds with His Word (Rom 12:2). So in everyday life, when those worrying thoughts come, you can immediately start thinking on Scriptures such as "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9

This Scripture applies to you as well -
"I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:23

Based on this John 17:23 Scripture, Patricia King = “We all know that the Father loves His son. You know, He loves Jesus so perfectly. As the Lord loves Him - that’s how much He loves you. You might think He can’t because I can’t be perfect like Jesus. God doesn’t love Jesus because He’s perfect, He loves Jesus because Jesus is His son and that’s why God loves Jesus. He loves you the same way. He loves you the same way He loves Jesus because you are His child. The Father Himself loves you.” [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father thank you that you love CN soooo much. Nothing can ever separate you CN no fear worry or doubt or any sin you could ever commit. You are Gis beloved child the moment you asked Jesus to save you. Salvation is not about feelings God promises to never leave you or forsake you. Praying for you brother. God loves you.

Upvote 0

achristian2

learning to walk with God
Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
praying. Know that those thoughts you are having are from the devil. The devil loves to inject thoughts into our heads and make us think that we are the one that thinks this or cause us to worry.

That's why 2 Corinthians 10:5 says : We take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ. ... the knowledge of
God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

And that means when you have that thought, to cast it away from your mind because you know its the devil doing it to you.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
praying. Know that those thoughts you are having are from the devil. The devil loves to inject thoughts into our heads and make us think that we are the one that thinks this or cause us to worry.

That's why 2 Corinthians 10:5 says : We take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ. ... the knowledge of
God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

And that means when you have that thought, to cast it away from your mind because you know its the devil doing it to you.
You are the first one to quote that verse, think a little more, and think that maybe you should explain what that means too. Thank you. God bless you. :)

Thanks everyone else :)

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for me tonight :(

Praying for you.

Are you familiar with John 3:16-19?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever
believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send
His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him
might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not
believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the
only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come
into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds
were evil.
(NKJV)

Would you care to elaborate as to why you are feeling worried about going to Hell, and that God doesn't love you?

PM if you would like to discuss this privately.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Lord is not willing that any should perish...

2 Peter 3:9 (NKJV)
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is
longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should
come to repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying. God's love is unconditional it's not based upon us at all what we do or don't do ever changes the truth that God is love and He loves to do his children good. Salvation cn is
Not about feelings when you asked Jesus to save you He did. God loves you He will never leave you or forsake you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying. God's love is unconditional it's not based upon us at all what we do or don't do ever changes the truth that God is love and He loves to do his children good. Salvation cn is
Not about feelings when you asked Jesus to save you He did. God loves you He will never leave you or forsake you.

Thank you. I try to believe it. :(

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying CN. God loves you. Keep declaring out loud God will never leave me or forsake me even if you doubt. You are God's beloved son. Praying for you brother. Relax God has you forever NOTHING will EVER separate you from . Him no doubt no fear no thoughts no sin past or present Nothing. God loves you.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying CN. God loves you. Keep declaring out loud God will never leave me or forsake me even if you doubt. You are God's beloved son. Praying for you brother. Relax God has you forever NOTHING will EVER separate you from . Him no doubt no fear no thoughts no sin past or present Nothing. God loves you.

Sigh.. Okay. Thank you do much for your encouragement. :) God bless you.

Upvote 0

achristian2

learning to walk with God
Aug 7, 2012
✟23,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are the first one to quote that verse, think a little more, and think that maybe you should explain what that means too. Thank you. God bless you. :)

Thanks everyone else :)

Hey ChristianNewbie,
2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

The verse basically is saying that we must think thoughts that are in line with the bible (ie. our thoughts are obedient to Christ). When our thoughts are contrary to the bible (for eg: God doesn't love me), we know its false because those thoughts do not agree with the bible. The bible tells us that God loves us very much and sent Jesus to die for us. We have to cling to the words of the bible.

So every thought (which could come from our own sinful thought or it could be the devil injecting bad thoughts into us and making us think its our own thoughts) that do not agree with the bible---we must cast it aside (ie demolish all these 'arguments/pretensions/ wrong thoughts' away. We are able to do that because we have the bible that tells us what is true.

That is why its so important to read-- the bible (God says that my people perish because of lack of knowledge--Hosea 4:6), (the word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path--Psalm 119:105).

Hope this helps

Upvote 0