corbana

Dec 14, 2002
Visit site
✟15,149.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
...because today my 13 year old son and I met with his teacher and principal (a private christian school he recently switched to) and in the "best interests of your son and our school it would be best if he attended elsewhere". (He simply does not do the work, hates school, gets angry,and overwhelmed easily,...) He was bullied endlessly in his last "christian" school and had outbursts which went into his records. Now, together with some definately unacceptable behavior and interests he's expressed at this school, they are now understandably scared off. He is now school-less.

Public school is not an option in our city 2 major biker gangs and an asian drug cartel have successfully exploded the drug availability in every single public school, yes even elementary. Also, my son's lack of obedience and motivation is beyond what the public school can address, as class sizes are 30+.

We were referred to a special needs school for kids with learning, mental, emotional,....etc. needs, but the tuition is $11, 500.00 for the year! We just can't do it. Homeschooling is not exactly the best alternative as my son won't obey me unless he wants to.

I feel like I've failed as a mother, I feel like God is not helping or guiding me at all (I know better, but my faith in His faithfulness is shaken after many years of schooling hell) My husband is leaving the problem up to me, as he works for himself and is more worried about money. I've seen my son barely flouder through school and now I don't know where to turn. We went to a counsellor through the public health system and she only patronized me and kept suggesting we get him a Game Cube, a trampoline, you know, things that will "make him happy." She also said that they wanted to assess him through a psychiatrist and they REALLY push medicating children. (This was a christian woman we managed to be referred to, but no part of her approach lined up with our values.)

I am an intercessor, but I've not been able to get any answers regarding my son ... for years. Answers for many others, family issues, and ourselves, ...but regarding my son's behavior, attitudes and schooling problems.....nothing.

I've lost hope. I truly can't go on like this. Please pray for my son, for him spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. For me and my husband to have wisdom, love, patience, and strength. Also, for a school placement answer, for our family... and that my faith would not fail...I feel so guilty about that, as I've been a missionary, an evangelist, I've seen lives transformed, yet my son....

I'm not sure that my son is born-again, he gave himself to the Lord when he was 7 with tears of repentance, yet many areas of his life haven't changed, so I don't think so. THAT is the biggest request I have, because that will lead to transformation in every area of his life.

emez

Oct 15, 2004
Sheffield
✟9,637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Lord, I ask that you will surround this family with your presence and love. You know everything about this young boy and only you have the answers to his heart. Please help him to deal with the issues that he has and emerge stronger with you. Give his parents the understanding and knowledge to trust you lord, that they are safe in your hands.
In jesus' name.

Amen

Upvote 0

nsignia

Sep 23, 2006
✟15,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Father God, You are great and powerful, greater than the enemy, stronger than the enemy, in You we are secure. Please cast away the enemy that is striking out at Corbana's son and his parents. Send Your Holy Warriors to protect them and shelter them so that this beautiful family may continue to serve You and praise Your name. Lord, fill them with an abundance of Your love and strength and courage and hope.
I pray this in the name of my precious Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord, amen
xoxoxox

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
icon10.gif
I Promise To Never Forget The Passion Of Christ !!!

God Thank You For Another Day. I Trust In Your Mercy To See Us Through. In The Holy Name Of Jesus Christ I Pray For Miraculous Intervention From You To Touch Us All And Provide For All Our Needs. I Pray For An Awakening Of The Holy Spirit Inside Each Who Is Here. May The Spirit Revive In A Manner Never Before Witnessed. In The Beloved Name Of Jesus Christ Our Savior, I Pray. Amen

Upvote 0

JacobsDream

Ace by His Grace
Nov 12, 2005
Chicagoland
✟24,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father, no one can save themself but with you everything is possible.

Grant her the grace and wisdom she needs to ignore whatever failures she had, and focus on being the best mother and disciplinarian that she can be. Nothing is ever too late for you.
Come through for them and turn this around as only you can. Let your strength show in their weakness, continue from where she can't in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

synger

Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:crossrc:

May the Lord give you strength and wisdom, and lift you up when you stumble through this frustrating, soul-draining trouble. May He be with your son and family as you work to find a solution and get your son back into a safe school. May He calm and comfort your worries, and send help to guide you through the maze of information, medication, and bureaucracy. Trust in the Lord, and you will be renewed. You, and your son, are beloved.

canticum graduum levavi oculos meos in montes
unde veniet auxilium meum
auxilium meum a Domino factore caeli et terrae

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills.
From whence cometh my help?
My help cometh from the LORD which made heaven and earth. (Psalm 121)

Upvote 0

sahjacq

Veteran
Sep 18, 2006
uk
✟2,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"If you love me, then you will do the things I command. I
will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper. He
will give you this Helper to be with you forever. The Helper
is the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him. Why?
Because the world does not see him or know him. But you know
him. He lives with you, and he will live in you.

-- John 14:15-17 (ERV)

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Easy for me to say now but CALM DOWN!! As I read this immediately I saw myself and my boys 5 yrs ago, in exactly the same position, having the exact frustration, the same anger and feelings of nobody listening properly to me about my sons problems, felt like me and my sons were just pushed from one school to another etc. Both my boys were like your son, started early and not, listening at home or school, running away from school, bad behaviour in different places, angry eposodes. Obviously I cant diagnose but your son sounds exactly the same, although youve not said were his problems started or when. Both mine never stayed in one school more than 3 months due tothere behaviour, but it wasn't till they got into there teens 12 - 13 that they started looking at the other parts of his life. Meaning like how was he at primary or nursery school. It was only then it was realised that one suffered ADHD and one ADD, which are behavioural problems, what also added to one of the boys problems was the effect the bullying had had on him. I had to push and push to get a proper diagnosis of there problems, then finally they admitted theyd both had these problems from about 4, but they didn't like to diagnose it at that age. So left us all to struggle through, by constantly having to admit I couldn't cope and pestering for a proper diagnosis it was only then they got meds proper help a school that had 6 - 10 in a class, and 5 yrs on yes there hard work but because i pushed they are offering help. so i know its tough and how you feel but keep pushing for help.

Im-revived
:pray: :pray:
...because today my 13 year old son and I met with his teacher and principal (a tc private christian school he recently switched to) and in the "best interests of your son and our school it would be best if he attended elsewhere". (He simply does not do the work, hates school, gets angry,and overwhelmed easily,...) He was bullied endlessly in his last "christian" school and had outbursts which went into his records. Now, together with some definately unacceptable behavior and interests he's expressed at this school, they are now understandably scared off. He is now school-less.

Public school is not an option in our city 2 major biker gangs and an asian drug cartel have successfully exploded the drug availability in every single public school, yes even elementary. Also, my son's lack of obedience and motivation is beyond what the public school can address, as class sizes are 30+.

We were referred to a special needs school for kids with learning, mental, emotional,....etc. needs, but the tuition is $11, 500.00 for the year! We just can't do it. Homeschooling is not exactly the best alternative as my son won't obey me unless he wants to.

I feel like I've failed as a mother, I feel like God is not helping or guiding me at all (I know better, but my faith in His faithfulness is shaken after many years of schooling hell) My husband is leaving the problem up to me, as he works for himself and is more worried about money. I've seen my son barely flouder through school and now I don't know where to turn. We went to a counsellor through the public health system and she only patronized me and kept suggesting we get him a Game Cube, a trampoline, you know, things that will "make him happy." She also said that they wanted to assess him through a psychiatrist and they REALLY push medicating children. (This was a christian woman we managed to be referred to, but no part of her approach lined up with our values.)

I am an intercessor, but I've not been able to get any answers regarding my son ... for years. Answers for many others, family issues, and ourselves, ...but regarding my son's behavior, attitudes and schooling problems.....nothing.

I've lost hope. I truly can't go on like this. Please pray for my son, for him spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. For me and my husband to have wisdom, love, patience, and strength. Also, for a school placement answer, for our family... and that my faith would not fail...I feel so guilty about that, as I've been a missionary, an evangelist, I've seen lives transformed, yet my son....

I'm not sure that my son is born-again, he gave himself to the Lord when he was 7 with tears of repentance, yet many areas of his life haven't changed, so I don't think so. THAT is the biggest request I have, because that will lead to transformation in every area of his life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...because today my 13 year old son and I met with his teacher and principal (a private christian school he recently switched to) and in the "best interests of your son and our school it would be best if he attended elsewhere". (He simply does not do the work, hates school, gets angry,and overwhelmed easily,...) He was bullied endlessly in his last "christian" school and had outbursts which went into his records. Now, together with some definately unacceptable behavior and interests he's expressed at this school, they are now understandably scared off. He is now school-less.

I don't see an indicator by your name to indicate if you belong to a church. However, if you do, you may wish to take advantage of the pastoral counseling available. What your son needs right now is somebody to whom he can talk completely candidly.
I was in his position when in school, and it scarred me for years. If he can develop a confidante-type relationship, perhaps with a youth minister, he may be able to find other ways to express his anger at the world. Also, the school may be willing to take him back once he gets a handle on his problems, especially if the minister will vouch for him. It may even be possible to get him back on a trial basis if the school is aware that he is trying to work out his problems through pastoral counseling.

Upvote 0

Ruth~

Legend
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
✟67,483.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done of earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.

The Hail Mary
Hail, Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

corbana

Dec 14, 2002
Visit site
✟15,149.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
God bless all of you for your kind, gentle, wise, loving, and encouraging words, prayers, scriptures....
I am always the one there for others in their need and it is so precious to me to be ministered to by such dear members of Christ's body. I love you all!
I only slept for 1.5 hours last night, I cried and prayed all night. (So please forgive me if some of this sounds goofy) Today, I honestly was carried by the Lord in new freshness strength and hope. I credit the Lord first of course, but your prayers were felt. Indeed the "effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man" (or woman, boy or girl) :groupray: "avails much".

Dear Im-revived, your words were so comforting and encouraging. I'm so sorry for you and your family that you suffered for so long too, but I know God has used your experience to give me hope.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation." 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

We toured the special private school today and tomorrow my son will be assessed by their child psychologist. By faith, I am going forward with the application process (this is the $11,500.00 per year private school). I was told today off the record that there is possibly funding availailable. The school is amazing on every level. I will update you all as soon as I know if this is God's plan for us.

Thank you brothers and sisters, and I thank and praise You Father that there is a ray of hope, that You do direct our paths if we acknowledge You in all our ways. I know you are faithful, even when the answer is looooooooooong in coming.
In Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

corbana

Dec 14, 2002
Visit site
✟15,149.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I don't see an indicator by your name to indicate if you belong to a church. However, if you do, you may wish to take advantage of the pastoral counseling available. What your son needs right now is somebody to whom he can talk completely candidly.
I was in his position when in school, and it scarred me for years. If he can develop a confidante-type relationship, perhaps with a youth minister, he may be able to find other ways to express his anger at the world. Also, the school may be willing to take him back once he gets a handle on his problems, especially if the minister will vouch for him. It may even be possible to get him back on a trial basis if the school is aware that he is trying to work out his problems through pastoral counseling.
Our church is non-denominational. I think the pastor would be our best bet, I've wanted to call him, but he's pretty sick right now. Our youth pastor sets up "fun youth nights", but that's the extent of the relationship with the kids. One good thing, is this private special school we're hoping to get into is really equipped for the challenges my son has faced in the past (being bullied) and the current situation. After meeting with the grade 8 teacher today, I was hopeful, as my son really connected with him and all the teachers are trained counsellors as well....so as much as I wish our church was there to help, they are not in a position right now to be there for us. The class size is maximum 8 kids, so the kids and teachers develop really close, trusting relationships.
Yes, his principal at this last (christian) school has said they would take him back after he's been at this new school for 1-2 years and has improved, as they have referred several former students there and they've returned the better for it. Maybe now is God's "perfect" timing to answer the prayers I've wept for 6 years.

Upvote 0

Crystal~Rose

AKA~luvinJC4ever
Jul 20, 2006
Florida
✟30,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Bless your heart I am walking through almost the same situation with my 14 year old son. I can relate to so much of what you are feeling. It is truly one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life, yet I did take the advice to have my son assesed by a psychiatrist, then had 2 additional opinions, today I am thankful I did and though he still has issues I am thankful that things have definetly inmproved and there are God given people who are specialized in dealing with the matters that are beyond our control. If you need someone who knows your pain and understands please PM me it helps to know you are not alone. Praying for you.

Upvote 0