mamawolf

Apr 2, 2012
Utah
✟15,241.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my 7 yro spent 8 days in a pysc unit here in utah after he had a mental break and ended up getting so out of control that i ended up getting hurt. since hes been out of the hospital hes completely out of control he has at least three cycles of escalating behaviour a day i believe hes possibly bipolar but my husband says he doesnt i am trying get my husband to accept that this is not aspergers as was originally diagnosed. i dont know what to do other then talk to the therapist anyway. im so worn out.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
This is a not very active sub forum. I'd suggest also posting under the appropriate diagnosis in the Recovery section. I guess bipolar. It looks fairly active. I sometime answer things where I have little expertise but that's an area where I *really* have no expertise. So I'm just giving you the pointer.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry I didn't see your thread earlier. As you can imagine, being a parent of special needs children, life can get a little hectic. My daughter, now 19, was originally diagnosed with bipolar, but I always felt it was the wrong diagnosis. I believed it was more a personality disorder, but the doctors would never give her that diagnosis til she was over 18. I spent alot of time researching online and talking to counselors to try to find alternate ways of parenting, because traditional parenting just wont' work, and can actually be counter-productive.

If you ever need someone to talk to, or even just need someone to vent to, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have Aspergers and children with Aspergers and more debilitating forms of autism. My two worse case children sometimes have anxiety attacks, but don't typically go on spontaneous rampages. The higher functioning of the two (who is verbal) can be easily provoked into a rage (by his brothers), but he still has to be provoked.

If our case is typical and your case appears spontaneous, there could be a co-morbid condition instigating this, or a demonic entity. The former can be treated by the appropriate doctor. The latter is best addressed by a church with a Healing & Deliverance ministry.

Upvote 0

ms2009

Sep 19, 2012
✟15,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It could very well be Asperger's that is causing these meltdowns. Sensory overload will set off my oldest step-daughter who has Asperger's.

And, it could be bi-polar, too. Asperger's is often co-morbid with other mental health issues such as ADHD, ODD, conduct disorder, Tourette's, and bi-polar. If it were me, I would get him for a professional evaluation as soon as possible and if you can get him into a severe emotionally disabled waiver program with a local mental health agency, do it. It has made a world of difference for my two step-daughters.

Upvote 0
P

PrincessSnowflake

my 7 yro spent 8 days in a pysc unit here in utah after he had a mental break and ended up getting so out of control that i ended up getting hurt. since hes been out of the hospital hes completely out of control he has at least three cycles of escalating behaviour a day i believe hes possibly bipolar but my husband says he doesnt i am trying get my husband to accept that this is not aspergers as was originally diagnosed. i dont know what to do other then talk to the therapist anyway. im so worn out.

This is so sad. I'm sorry. Praying for your family.

Reactions: Just4Jesus
Upvote 0

super mom

Jan 17, 2005
utah
✟22,762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is my post from another account cuz i forgot my login info. my son has been diagnosed with intermitent explosive disorder. it has been hell in our home for the last few months we have ups and downs. my middle sons service dog has been hit by both my middle son and my oldest (which is the one in the post who is now 8). my husband has found the faith of mennonite/amish he really doesnt spank our children any more but he got pushed past his breaking point with all the abuse that our 8 year old has been putting the family thru and spanked him. my 8 year old has to pay to replace 2 doors in our house and numerous holes in the house. almost 200 in damage to our house from his outbursts. our 7 year old has autism and adhd he has been breaking computers at school he has been hitting his dog he has been hitting his brothers myself their dad. im really at my wits end i am ready to send my 8 year old to a group home to get him straight. my husband and i are wanting to try for a daughter when the time is right but we cant do that till we are not in fear for a new babys life and safety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums