Denver CO
✟203,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But do reporters know enough about the subject to ask deeper questions? It's been said that a good reporter doesn't ask a question that he/she doesn't already know the answer to. If true why not just print the truth without playing gotcha with the respondent?
I'd say a good reporter wants to ask the questions that seek the information people will want to know. It's a lawyer that doesn't ask a question they don't know the answer to.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd say a good reporter wants to ask the questions that seek the information people will want to know. It's a lawyer that doesn't ask a question they don't know the answer to.

I did kinda tweak that old bromide. :sorry: But I believe those reporters knew the answers, or they wouldn't have interrogated Trump endlessly.

In my city the press doesn't get to ask questions. They just dutifully report what they're told.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi OWG,

Of course everyone sees the 'gotcha'. That's not the point. The point is that his press conferences are just full of false statements and uninformed claims and those kinds of comments are just always going to be, "Well, you said so and so Mr. President. What did you mean by that?" He's the President of the United States, the most powerful nation on the face of the earth and people expect him to at least most of the time say things that are concise, intelligent and fairly well thought out. Statements that follow what most people, and certainly most experts, know to be the truth of a matter. But that isn't what happens and so yes, he's constantly barraged with, "Didn't you say at one time...."

Then this bright, intelligent person, who at least thinks he knows pretty much everything about everything and is so much smarter than you or I and has gut to prove it pulls out some fairly worthless claim of pain and sorrow, "Oh, that's such a nasty question." Come on people. Get real here. This is really what near half of the nation thinks is the best that we can do for a leader?

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Thing is Ted I don't think ANY of his opposition could have come any where near close to the good way he's been handling the crisis. Has he made any mistakes along the way? Who wouldn't have had with this extremely complex situation. And keep in mind he was criticized by the Dems for even shutting down flights from China to the U.S! So I suggest we can pass by your criticism of him considering all things that should be considered.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched some talk about that pillow guy Trump let talk "cant make this stuff up" <--the person said. Yet what was never said was that pillow guy? Is now making masks to help and other things. Or the ships that were going to take weeks and she said other things.. oops. Seems they were wrong again.

I really don't like them starting the briefing to then stop it and then CNN and other networks stop it to then tell America what Trump was really saying. For me to many times "what? He never said that". So I stopped watching them along time ago. Please they have other great news its just when it comes to president Trump.. way to many things are said that.. never happen. Or get twisted.

Like you have to watch Fox for the GOOD things Trump does then watch the others to hear the things Trump didnt do good. lol

• Agree
Reactions: Berean Tim
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I watched some talk about that pillow guy Trump let talk "cant make this stuff up" <--the person said. Yet what was never said was that pillow guy? Is now making masks to help and other things. Or the ships that were going to take weeks and she said other things.. oops. Seems they were wrong again.

I really don't like them starting the briefing to then stop it and then CNN and other networks stop it to then tell America what Trump was really saying. For me to many times "what? He never said that". So I stopped watching them along time ago. Please they have other great news its just when it comes to president Trump.. way to many things are said that.. never happen. Or get twisted.

Like you have to watch Fox for the GOOD things Trump does then watch the others to hear the things Trump didnt do good. lol

If people weren't already sick and tired of the press badgering Trump this afternoon's press conference should do the trick. Even John Roberts got into the act. It was embarrassing. Even Deborah Birx (the lady expert with the scarf) intimated that she was tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The 37 most mind-boggling lines from Donald Trump's Sunday coronavirus briefing - CNNPolitics

I know, I know. It's all fake journalism that they filmed on a sound stage in Arizona where they did the moon landing shots. But really?!!!

It's becoming so sad that all one can really do anymore is shrug and walk away from the presidential press conferences hoping that his end is nigh.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
I think Trump said it best himself.

upload_2020-4-1_4-8-44.png

Just stay calm, and covfefe....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Im taking it even tho it is 2020 people still do not know what Trump meant by that comment.

C
ommunications Over Various Feeds Electronically For Engagement Act of 2017 or the COVFEFE Act of 2017

This bill amends provisions governing presidential records to: (1) revise the definition of "documentary material" to include social media; (2) revise the definition of "presidential records" to include any personal and official social media account; and (3) define "social media" as any form of electronic communication (such as a website for social networking and microblogging) through which users create an online community to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (such as videos).

All of Presidents Trump's social media, conventions, rallys, and whatever, are archived. 'Despite the constant negative press, everything I have ever said will be archived as proof against the lies.'
H.R.2884 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): COVFEFE Act of 2017

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
The 37 most mind-boggling lines from Donald Trump's Sunday coronavirus briefing - CNNPolitics

I know, I know. It's all fake journalism that they filmed on a sound stage in Arizona where they did the moon landing shots. But really?!!!

It's becoming so sad that all one can really do anymore is shrug and walk away from the presidential press conferences hoping that his end is nigh.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

First of all, Trump is the most pro-life president we ever had! Any true Christian should love that. So I really do not see how a true Christian could be against Trump unless he loves a pair of sticking a pair scissors in the back of a soon-to-be-born baby while still in the birth canal and sucking out its brain. This is a partial-birth abortion. Then the abortionists sell the body parts. If the only thing Trump does is stop this Hitlerian atrocity then he would be a great president.

Lets face it. The only reason you hate Trump is because you love the killing of babies. I cannot see you as a fellow Christian.

Second, these "mind-boggling lines" are laughable. Half of them are right! The other half are either misquotes or take out of context.

Third, what of all those gaffes by Joe Biden, which shows that he has Alzheimers? But I guess a president with Alzheimers is OK with you as long as he is for the killing of babies.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, Trump is the most pro-life president we ever had! Any true Christian should love that. So I really do not see how a true Christian could be against Trump unless he loves a pair of sticking a pair scissors in the back of a soon-to-be-born baby while still in the birth canal and sucking out its brain. This is a partial-birth abortion. Then the abortionists sell the body parts. If the only thing Trump does is stop this Hitlerian atrocity then he would be a great president.

Lets face it. The only reason you hate Trump is because you love the killing of babies. I cannot see you as a fellow Christian.

Second, these "mind-boggling lines" are laughable. Half of them are right! The other half are either misquotes or take out of context.

Third, what of all those gaffes by Joe Biden, which shows that he has Alzheimers? But I guess a president with Alzheimers is OK with you as long as he is for the killing of babies.

Hi packerman,

Well, while I do have some Scottish ancestry, I'm not a true Scotsman. I suppose since I don't agree with your premise, that makes me not a true christian in your book. That's ok with me, since it isn't inclusion in your book that I'm shooting for. I'm not really sure how you have determined that any national leader that would stop abortion would be a great president, but be that as it may, there doesn't really seem to be much effort being made on that front from the national level. Some state's governors and legislatures have made changes, but I don't think anything much has changed on the national level.

With the recognized approval of abortion legalization that we have across the nation, which should also be reflected in our legislature, I doubt that any president will likely change abortion laws. Despite what their personal feelings or understanding of the issue is. Right now, in national polling, the acceptance of abortion either in all cases or some, is running above 70%. Those in the 'some' category have a few exceptions for which they would approve of a legal abortion. Despite excuses and explanations of that group, that still makes the doctor the god of life.

"Ms. X, you're going to die if you have this baby."
"Oh doctor, please abort my baby! I wouldn't want to let God be in charge and let's see how things really work out in the end."

Do you really believe that God sees the legalization of abortion under 'certain' circumstances as OK? That He looks down and says, "Well, according to the doctor that woman 'might' have lost her life if she continued her pregnancy, so her abortion is alright with me."

Then we have to depend on whether or not the doctor is honest in his assessment. Back when abortions were illegal we still had abortions. Just as today, the use of most recreational drugs is illegal, but we still have recreational drug use. Let's assume that the nation is able to bring about sweeping abortion changes and makes them illegal again. For those with the money to make a difference, wouldn't they just get a doctor to fudge the records a bit?

For me, the issue of the legality of abortion is no different than the issue of the legality of gambling or prostitution or drug use. If one, using your definition, is a 'true' christian, they won't have one. Not under any circumstance. If one is a non-believing sinner and has one, what difference will it make on the day of God's judgment? Will they be saved because they didn't get an abortion even though they never believed in God? Is God not powerful enough, that if He wants aborted babies saved that His mighty arm can save them?

So, I'm fine with leaving the legality of abortion just as it is. I'd rather expend my efforts, as the not true christian that I am, leading people to the Savior despite whatever sin they may have in their lives. You see, in my understanding, when the people of God fight to change national laws to reflect God's laws, we tend to make the work of God harder because it just riles up those who do not know God and makes them even less willing to hear the truth of God because all they know of Him is that His people are always trying to run our lives.

BTW, it's worth considering that making national laws the law of God didn't even work in Israel. Not even God Himself, speaking directly to the people of Israel through His servant Moses, was able to establish a nation of people who continued to obey His law. If you read the history of Israel, you see that there was this constant running battle between obeying and maintaining God's law and falling off to worship other gods and not obeying His law. God declared through Isaiah, "Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the LORD has spoken: “I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me. The ox knows its master, the donkey its owner’s manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.” Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him.

America's sin is also great, but God doesn't ask us to change the laws of nations. God asks us, through the spreading of the gospel, to help Him change the lives and law of individuals. So, whether or not abortions are legal or illegal on the books of any nation isn't the issue. If one is a true christian, likely by your definition, they won't accept abortion as an alternative to a pregnancy, even if the mother's life is in jeopardy. Why? Because they believe in a God who, no matter when or how they die on this earth, will raise them up on the day of God's judgment and set their feet on firm and fertile ground where there is no more pain or suffering. But that's because they believe in the God who created both the heavens and the earth and all that is them.

So no, I don't choose a national leader based on his stand on abortion. I prefer to choose a national leader based on his own measure of morality and conscience, of which this particular president seems to have so little. Do you really believe that his stance on abortion glosses over the moral deficiencies of his own life, to God? It seems obvious that it does in your understanding of things, but I'd like you to consider that question as our God might consider it.

I contend that we should, as believers in the one true and living God, spend less time trying to change national laws. There is not one single example that any of the first disciples wasted a moment of their time trying to do so even though we know that Roman law had its moral problems. Paul actually discusses pretty explicitly that we can expect human law and morals to fall pretty far down as time marches on, in his letter to the Romans. Even in the old covenant with Israel, there is not one single incidence where God asked Israel to work to spread the laws, that He had given them through Moses, to the other nations of the world. I really don't understand this evangelical movement to save the world by changing national laws rather than just doing the things that the first disciples did.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,...

I say we should adopt more of that act of love that Peter describes for us, than the militancy that our evangelical brethren seems to think honors God.

For me and my house, abortion is against the law of God, now that I am a child of God. I don't expect that understanding to be the same for those who are not children of God. Again, if you think, "Well, that little baby won't get a chance to grow up to know God." I would respectfully request that you adjust your understanding of the power and righteousness of God.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I stated elsewhere on these forums, liberalism demands servitude, and one can not serve two masters.

Right now, in national polling, the acceptance of abortion either in all cases or some, is running above 70%.

And from this claim stems your refusal to oppose infanticide? Who cares what national polling says in regard to taking a stand against the murder of babies? Answer this question for me, honestly. Who, and for what reason, hides behind national polling as a defense for refusing to oppose abortion?

Those in the 'some' category have a few exceptions for which they would approve of a legal abortion. Despite excuses and explanations of that group, that still makes the doctor the god of life.

The doctor is the god of life? Do you even understand what you have said here?

"Ms. X, you're going to die if you have this baby."

"Oh doctor, please abort my baby! I wouldn't want to let God be in charge and let's see how things really work out in the end."

This...example...you cite is nothing more than a leftist bromide, a perpetually promulgated lie designed to craft a false image promoting a false narrative. The pro-life crowd is not nor have they ever been out demanding all women carry all babies to term in all circumstances. The ectopic pregnancy argument is a red-herring, one always proffered by the pro-abortion crowd in an attempt to claim some self-righteous moral high ground and portray the pro-life crowd as callous hate-consumed misogynist.

Any claim the pro-life crowd would also rather see a woman die as opposed to allowing her access to a medical procedure which would save her life is additionally an outright lie.

So, I'm fine with leaving the legality of abortion just as it is.

I am not surprised.

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi sistrin,

Thanks for your response:
And from this claim stems your refusal to oppose infanticide?

Let me be more clear. I am absolutely against a woman choosing to have an abortion under any circumstance, but that's because I'm a believer in the one true and living God. I don't however, ever expect or have I ever seen since the day in which God said, "Let there be light...", that the laws of man ever were in keeping with the laws of God. As I explained, Israel was raised up by God as the only nation to be His people, and they weren't particularly good at it according to God's own assessment of the situation over the generations. I don't really hold out much hope that believers today are going to be more powerful than God in this respect of making nations obey and honor God. However, we can, on individual basis help someone to understand and honor the law of God.

I do, personally, oppose abortion. I just don't find any evidence throughout the whole of the Scriptures that changing the laws of man to correspond to the laws of God as an assignment that we've been given. The nations are always going to be wicked and godless on the whole, if I'm reading Paul's words correctly. As we move inexorably closer to the day of God's judgment it's going to get a lot worse, as I understand the Scriptures. So, me personally, I see all this effort expended by evangelicals to change national or state laws as likely a waste of valuable time.

Jesus said that we were, in fact commanded, that we were to go into all nations teaching the gospel, baptizing those who would believe, and then teaching that group of people to obey his commands. From all indications and examples found in the Scriptures, none of the first believers ever spent a moment of time trying to affect or change national laws. It's always been about the heart of an individual.

The doctor is the god of life? Do you even understand what you have said here?

Yes, I do. I'm not, however, based on your response, sure that you understand what I said there. Please don't make the mistake of taking that single sentence out of the context to which it applies.

The pro-life crowd is not nor have they ever been out demanding all women carry all babies to term in all circumstances.

Apparently you missed that point, too. That is exactly my complaint. Where do you find in the Scriptures that God has given man the power over life or death, outside of the law? You believe, apparently, that God sees a woman who has some serious medical condition concerning her pregnancy and allowing that it's OK to abort that baby. I don't see that. Please show me in the law where God has told us such a thing.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi sistrin,

Thanks for your response:

Let me be more clear. I am absolutely against a woman choosing to have an abortion under any circumstance, but that's because I'm a believer in the one true and living God. I don't however, ever expect or have I ever seen since the day in which God said, "Let there be light...", that the laws of man ever were in keeping with the laws of God. As I explained, Israel was raised up by God as the only nation to be His people, and they weren't particularly good at it according to God's own assessment of the situation over the generations. I don't really hold out much hope that believers today are going to be more powerful than God in this respect of making nations obey and honor God. However, we can, on individual basis help someone to understand and honor the law of God.

I do, personally, oppose abortion. I just don't find any evidence throughout the whole of the Scriptures that changing the laws of man to correspond to the laws of God as an assignment that we've been given. The nations are always going to be wicked and godless on the whole, if I'm reading Paul's words correctly. As we move inexorably closer to the day of God's judgment it's going to get a lot worse, as I understand the Scriptures. So, me personally, I see all this effort expended by evangelicals to change national or state laws as likely a waste of valuable time.

Jesus said that we were, in fact commanded, that we were to go into all nations teaching the gospel, baptizing those who would believe, and then teaching that group of people to obey his commands. From all indications and examples found in the Scriptures, none of the first believers ever spent a moment of time trying to affect or change national laws. It's always been about the heart of an individual.

Yes, I do. I'm not, however, based on your response, sure that you understand what I said there. Please don't make the mistake of taking that single sentence out of the context to which it applies.

Apparently you missed that point, too. That is exactly my complaint. Where do you find in the Scriptures that God has given man the power over life or death, outside of the law? You believe, apparently, that God sees a woman who has some serious medical condition concerning her pregnancy and allowing that it's OK to abort that baby. I don't see that. Please show me in the law where God has told us such a thing.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

1) We're not under the law but under grace.
2) Can you show me anywhere in the Bible that a woman should die when her life could be spared?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi sistrin,

If I might further reply to your last little bit to me:
This...example...you cite is nothing more than a leftist bromide, a perpetually promulgated lie designed to craft a false image promoting a false narrative. The pro-life crowd is not nor have they ever been out demanding all women carry all babies to term in all circumstances. The ectopic pregnancy argument is a red-herring, one always proffered by the pro-abortion crowd in an attempt to claim some self-righteous moral high ground and portray the pro-life crowd as callous hate-consumed misogynist.

Any claim the pro-life crowd would also rather see a woman die as opposed to allowing her access to a medical procedure which would save her life is additionally an outright lie.

Do you remember the account of King Solomon and the two mothers? After some discussion, and being unable to determine himself which woman was the mother of the child, he decreed that the child be severed in two and each mother receive one half of the baby's body. One of the women then said to King Solomon, "Please give the baby to the other woman rather than cut the baby in half and killing it." King Solomon then knew that woman was the baby's mother. Why? Because she cared more about the baby's life and happiness, than her own. The other woman was fine with the baby being sliced in half and each woman getting a half. King Solomon knew that woman couldn't be the mother because she really didn't care about the baby, she only cared that her will prevail.

Similarly, as a believer, I believe that a believing mother, faced with the claim that she might die if she carried her baby to term, would look her doctor in the eye and say, "Sir, I hope not to die, but if the choice before me is that I die or the baby dies, I choose myself to die at the hand of God and not by your hand. God will establish whether I die or not as this pregnancy continues." She might further continue, "If I take the decision of either my death or the baby's death out of God's hand and place it in yours, then my faith in the God I believe in, isn't very strong. You see, I know that my God knows the end from the beginning. While you say that I might die if I carry the baby to term, the God I serve knows whether I will die or not, and has the power to save my earthly life if that is His choice for me. I'm going to continue with this pregnancy and trust that my God will do what is in His will to do."

You see, I'm the 'abortion under no circumstances' type of person. I believe that God has knit each one of us in our mother's womb and what comes out of any mother's birth canal is what God created. But, that's only my choice because I'm a believer in the one true and living God. I don't believe that God has given me some responsibility to see that everyone on the earth lives by my faith. He asks me, just me, and any others who proclaim to be His children to live as He has asked us to live. All others need not apply, nor do I find any Scriptural reference or account that would somehow hold me responsible for how the lost of the earth live.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) We're not under the law but under grace.
2) Can you show me anywhere in the Bible that a woman should die when her life could be spared?

Hi pescador,

Well, under the law, yes. In Israel, every woman caught in adultery was to be killed. However the reality is that the Israelites could have refused and her life spared. I mean, she was killed by people raising their hands and throwing stones at her. It wasn't like God Himself sent fire from heaven to turn the woman to ashes. This is actually what Jesus did when he addressed the woman brought before him that had been caught in sin. He allowed her mercy. He spared her life. All of the hundreds, or perhaps thousands of women and men over the centuries of the old covenant, who received a death sentence for their sin could have had their life spared. But they chose to honor God's law.

I can also show you a man, Jesus. Jesus himself said that his Father could send down a legion of angels to spare his life if he would but ask. But he knew that the sacrifice of his life, though it could have been spared, was for the greater good. He even prayed to his Father that He might spare his life, but acquiesced that not his will but his Father's will prevail.

I'm honestly not clear on what our being under grace, rather than the law, has to do with this matter. Wouldn't the mother be showing grace to her child if she sacrificed her life for his?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi sistrin,

If I might further reply to your last little bit to me:

Do you remember the account of King Solomon and the two mothers? After some discussion, and being unable to determine himself which woman was the mother of the child, he decreed that the child be severed in two and each mother receive one half of the baby's body. One of the women then said to King Solomon, "Please give the baby to the other woman rather than cut the baby in half and killing it." King Solomon then knew that woman was the baby's mother. Why? Because she cared more about the baby's life and happiness, than her own. The other woman was fine with the baby being sliced in half and each woman getting a half. King Solomon knew that woman couldn't be the mother because she really didn't care about the baby, she only cared that her will prevail.

Similarly, as a believer, I believe that a believing mother, faced with the claim that she might die if she carried her baby to term, would look her doctor in the eye and say, "Sir, I hope not to die, but if the choice before me is that I die or the baby dies, I choose myself to die at the hand of God and not by your hand. God will establish whether I die or not as this pregnancy continues." She might further continue, "If I take the decision of either my death or the baby's death out of God's hand and place it in yours, then my faith in the God I believe in, isn't very strong. You see, I know that my God knows the end from the beginning. While you say that I might die if I carry the baby to term, the God I serve knows whether I will die or not, and has the power to save my earthly life if that is His choice for me. I'm going to continue with this pregnancy and trust that my God will do what is in His will to do."

You see, I'm the 'abortion under no circumstances' type of person. I believe that God has knit each one of us in our mother's womb and what comes out of any mother's birth canal is what God created. But, that's only my choice because I'm a believer in the one true and living God. I don't believe that God has given me some responsibility to see that everyone on the earth lives by my faith. He asks me, just me, and any others who proclaim to be His children to live as He has asked us to live. All others need not apply, nor do I find any Scriptural reference or account that would somehow hold me responsible for how the lost of the earth live.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

And if this about-to-die mother has other children, then your choice leaves them motherless.

If you really believe abortion under no circumstances is valid, may I suggest that you look into the situation further. Here is another scenario that you might consider: the fetus has an anomaly that guarantees it will not survive and, if the mother carries the baby to term, she may not survive either. Should she then not make the appropriate medical decision and save at least one life: her own?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi pescador,

Well, under the law, yes. In Israel, every woman caught in adultery was to be killed. However the reality is that the Israelites could have refused and her life spared. I mean, she was killed by people raising their hands and throwing stones at her. It wasn't like God Himself sent fire from heaven to turn the woman to ashes. This is actually what Jesus did when he addressed the woman brought before him that had been caught in sin. He allowed her mercy. He spared her life. All of the hundreds, or perhaps thousands of women and men over the centuries of the old covenant, who received a death sentence for their sin could have had their life spared. But they chose to honor God's law.

I can also show you a man, Jesus. Jesus himself said that his Father could send down a legion of angels to spare his life if he would but ask. But he knew that the sacrifice of his life, though it could have been spared, was for the greater good. He even prayed to his Father that He might spare his life, but acquiesced that not his will but his Father's will prevail.

I'm honestly not clear on what our being under grace, rather than the law, has to do with this matter. Wouldn't the mother be showing grace to her child if she sacrificed her life for his?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

See my comment above...

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if this about-to-die mother has other children, then your choice leaves them motherless.

If you really believe abortion under no circumstances is valid, may I suggest that you look into the situation further. Here is another scenario that you might consider: the fetus has an anomaly that guarantees it will not survive and, if the mother carries the baby to term, she may not survive either. Should she then not make the appropriate medical decision and save at least one life: her own?

Hi pescador,

Not my choice. Her choice in believing that God's will would prevail. Abortions are legal, why would my making any kind of choice effect some woman whose pregnancy might cause her death. I'm just saying that I believe that's what a truly godly woman would say when faced with the choice of saving her life over her baby's. That's the choice that is exampled for us in the account of King Solomon's story of the two mothers. I'm not going to trade my life for the life of my baby, especially when I don't know if what the doctor is saying is really going to be the outcome of my pregnancy. If the doctor says, "Look, there's a 90% chance that you'll die if you continue this pregnancy." I believe that a godly woman would understand that there's a 10% chance that she won't and leave it to God to decide who lives or dies. If there are other children the father can remarry and if there is no father then any other children would go to the care of a next of kin loved one. The preparation and arrangements for what would happen to family left behind is something that surely should be discussed within the family before the time might come that she would give her life for one of her children.

But, let's both be serious here for a moment, the issue of abortion legality in America has nothing really to do with the 1,000 or so women annually who might find themselves facing a 'my life for the baby's life' decision. Abortion in America is, by and large, a convenience issue. A single teenage girl gets pregnant playing around in the back seat of a car or in some other way with her boyfriend or a date and it just isn't convenient right now to have a baby. "Mom and dad will be furious if they find out." "I'm not prepared to have a baby sweetheart and you're going to have to do something about this." The majority of abortions performed in America are from situations such as this.

Abortions in America, by and large, come from the fact that we don't want to give any credence to God's law that says when a man and a woman come together as one...they are married! The lost world that sells sex like bubble gum is always going to want a way out of that dilemma. Whether that way out is legal or illegal. The lost world gets to make its own choices in such matters as far as I'm concerned and I don't believe, as I explained, that God expects us to make the world or an entire nation or state to follow and adhere to His law. Even the Scriptures tell us that we should not judge those outside of the fellowship, but rather hold those within to account. So, let's teach believers that abortion is not a God honoring choice for a woman, but the world gets to do what ever it likes in the matter. Let's also, as believers, understand that the sin of abortion isn't any different than any other sin before God and that the sacrifice of His Son will cover that sin also if that woman, later in her life, chooses to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

As far as the child that may have been born? I'm willing to let God sort that out.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi pescador,

Not my choice. Her choice in believing that God's will would prevail. Abortions are legal, why would my making any kind of choice effect some woman whose pregnancy might cause her death. I'm just saying that I believe that's what a truly godly woman would say when faced with the choice of saving her life over her baby's. That's the choice that is exampled for us in the account of King Solomon's story of the two mothers. I'm not going to trade my life for the life of my baby, especially when I don't know if what the doctor is saying is really going to be the outcome of my pregnancy. If the doctor says, "Look, there's a 90% chance that you'll die if you continue this pregnancy." I believe that a godly woman would understand that there's a 10% chance that she won't and leave it to God to decide who lives or dies. If there are other children the father can remarry and if there is no father then any other children would go to the care of a next of kin loved one. The preparation and arrangements for what would happen to family left behind is something that surely should be discussed within the family before the time might come that she would give her life for one of her children.

But, let's both be serious here for a moment, the issue of abortion legality in America has nothing really to do with the 1,000 or so women annually who might find themselves facing a 'my life for the baby's life' decision. Abortion in America is, by and large, a convenience issue. A single teenage girl gets pregnant playing around in the back seat of a car or in some other way with her boyfriend or a date and it just isn't convenient right now to have a baby. "Mom and dad will be furious if they find out." "I'm not prepared to have a baby sweetheart and you're going to have to do something about this." The majority of abortions performed in America are from situations such as this.

Abortions in America, by and large, come from the fact that we don't want to give any credence to God's law that says when a man and a woman come together as one...they are married! The lost world that sells sex like bubble gum is always going to want a way out of that dilemma. Whether that way out is legal or illegal. The lost world gets to make its own choices in such matters as far as I'm concerned and I don't believe, as I explained, that God expects us to make the world or an entire nation or state to follow and adhere to His law. Even the Scriptures tell us that we should not judge those outside of the fellowship, but rather hold those within to account. So, let's teach believers that abortion is not a God honoring choice for a woman, but the world gets to do what ever it likes in the matter. Let's also, as believers, understand that the sin of abortion isn't any different than any other sin before God and that the sacrifice of His Son will cover that sin also if that woman, later in her life, chooses to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

As far as the child that may have been born? I'm willing to let God sort that out.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Would you please explain to me why God sent the tenth plague to Egypt, killing all the firstborn? Why did He allow Herod to kill all the male children two years of age and under? Those were all innocent children.

Abortion is a necessary medical procedure in many cases; in your opinion are all OB/Gyns murderers?

Upvote 0