• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

If you have time: How many believe this?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Defender of the Faith 777, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defender of the Faith 777

Defender of the Faith 777 Well-Known Member

+4
    United Ch. of Christ
    Why don't you show me where I erred in my post.

And one problem there: Did she get salvation from being stoned or salvation from hell? Her sin seperates her from God; let's not forget what I wrote last.

2. MAHinChrist

MAHinChrist New Member

+0
    Hi, MAHinChrist here( MAH are my initials), and I wondered about something that was included in your post. It stated, 'we believe that Jesus came to 'abolish' the law,' is this correct in what I read or is it just me. I thought that Jesus said, "I came 'not' to abolish the law, but to fulfill it," is not the correct scripture in the bible? thanks, MAHinChrist

3. MAHinChrist

MAHinChrist New Member

+0
    Oops! Sorry, I left out a word in my last line of reply. I meant for it to read, 'Is [this] not the correct scripture in the bible? MAHinChrist

4. aggie03

aggie03 Veritas Vos Liberabit

+90
    Christian
    Married
    I think that you've hit the scripture on the head - but Christ did replace the Old Covenant with a new one when He was crucified on the Cross - and in order to do that He had to fulfill the old law first.

5. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Sheep in Wolf's clothing

+1
    Non-Denom
    Torah's disciple: Agreed, "God the Son" and "God the Holy Spirit" are not the Biblical terms - "Son of God" and "Holy Spirit" are. So then, who is YHVH and who is the Holy Spirit? Marking the points - that no man can see God and yet live ... yet roughly 80 people are recorded in the Old Testament to have seen God and yet lived.

6. Thunderchild

+1
    Non-Denom
    Defender: Did Jesus save her from the penalty for her sin? She was at the point of being stoned - Jesus intervened.

or is it that God predistines those whom he knows *to have faith*? (those whom God knows are faithful) ... If the second is accurate, God predestines certain things for the people who are faithful. The concepts are worlds apart.

7. Defender of the Faith 777

+4
    United Ch. of Christ
    Predestination is this:

We are all standing on a crevice looking down thousands of miles into a pit of spikes and fire. Only problem, there's a THICK fog. There's a voice saying "You're in danger, don't move! Come to me." You can hear Him, but you can't see Him. You don't want Him. So you get ready to take that fatal step when, all of a sudden, a wind comes by and washes all the fog away. Now, you suddenly see the truth, you are in danger, and the guy who warned you, now becomes your best friend. You run to Him right before it's too late.

Predestination is that wind that blows away the fog. Nobody wants to come to Christ otherwise. Only when the truth is revealed to you, by the Holy Spirit. He chooses to whom He clears away the fog for. All part of His sovereign plan. Predestination is not that we're FORCED into it, and others are FORCED into condemnation. They just would NEVER want to in this life, and the other people would never think to not take that step. You hate this guy cause He tells you straight up. You sinned, you deserve to go to hell. Only Christ is the true way. Only when convicted do you want to see the truth. Acts 13:48 Romans 8 & 9

The illustration is different because she was saved from the physical penalty of sin. She does not recieve "fire insurance" here.

8. Thunderchild

+1
    Non-Denom
    Quite correct: It would depend on whether or not she obeyed Jesus when he said "Go, and sin no more."

9. Defender of the Faith 777

+4
    United Ch. of Christ
    So tell me, did she sin again?

Does that mean she's promised hell now?

How can we take God's gift of Grace, salvation, and turn it into something so complicated with a canon including indulgences, infant baptism, purgatory, penance, and good works when quite simply it is a gift from God? What was the error of the Pharisees? Taking simple truth, and trying to do "good" things, not realizing that God looks at the heart.

It's not that hard:

All have sinned (Romans 3:23)

Sin seperates us from God and results in eternal death (Romans 6:23)

Christ died for all of our sins on the cross, shouting "It is finished!" (John 19:30, Romans 5:12)

Through grace we are saved, through faith, we recieve undeserved justification (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 3:22-24)

We are secure in Christ's promise (Romans 8:28-39)

And ESPECIALLY if you hold to predestination (Ephesians 1:4-5&11)

Wilikers!

10. Thunderchild

+1
    Non-Denom
    Ephesians 1:4, 5, 11 ... show that certain things are predestined for those who remain faithful.

Having predestinated "us in him" = Who is predestinated? Those who become or remain unfaithful?

And yes, those who sin and are not in Christ are predestinated for Hell. (Unless of course they repent.)

Salvation is a gift from God - according to the Bible, the remission of past sins, and with a requirement to produce fruits in keeping with righteousness. That includes obedience. Certainly, some things have been added to the Biblical list - it remains a fact that there is a Biblical list of things which must be done.

You have yet to address the issue that the Bible states that people are saved by the gospel, by baptism, by loving the truth, by .....

Or do you claim that these statements in the Bible are incorrect?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.