If you had a billion dollars, what good thing would you do first?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See? this is what Im talking about. You have a rich father who owns everything, yet you pretend to have little.
In all fairness, the OP is about what we would do, if it was our call.

God's resources are at His disposal, not at ours. This is not a bad thing, but we would have to let go of the notion that we would/could ever be in charge (of them) and just seek to align ourselves to His will in these matters.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Probably not good enough for some.

How long before someone insults me as being greedy for giving away only 90% of my (hypothetical) money?

LOL! You have a point there.....

^_^

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

God's resources are at His disposal, not at ours. This is not a bad thing, but we would have to let go of the notion that we would/could ever be in charge (of them) and just seek to align ourselves to His will in these matters.

Amen. I agree.

And i thinks we're s'posed to have fun with it....

i say let's just have fun with it....

i'd fund libraries that are on the verge of closing

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God said Everyone who ask receives. God said he will give me the desires of my heart and will withhold no good thing from me if i walk upright. Then he told me to try Him and see if he wont open up the windows of heaven and pour out blessing that i dont have room to receive......So I tried Him.....and found that He wasnt lying. Forgive me for not just "believing" but testing it out. But also forgive me if i seem to be pressuring others to try Him themselves......I am content if you want to believe.

Now Lets get back to the fun. If I forgot about my billionaire Father and thought I was poor......Then got 1 billion on my own somehow......I would set up and run a Non-profit organization and put most of it in there. I would also hire an advisor to allocate the rest in funds in a way to ensure I would never have to work for a company another day in my life.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would also hire an advisor to allocate the rest in funds in a way to ensure I would never have to work for a company another day in my life.
Managing all of that money would be work in itself.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would certainly require open books to every organization that I contributed funding to that I (or my team) might be able to review them from time to time. I wouldn't expect to be able to keep an eye on everything, but at least, it would be available for prayer-led reviews.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God said Everyone who ask receives. God said he will give me the desires of my heart and will withhold no good thing from me if i walk upright. Then he told me to try Him and see if he wont open up the windows of heaven and pour out blessing that i dont have room to receive......So I tried Him.....and found that He wasnt lying. Forgive me for not just "believing" but testing it out. But also forgive me if i seem to be pressuring others to try Him themselves......I am content if you want to believe.

Now Lets get back to the fun. If I forgot about my billionaire Father and thought I was poor......Then got 1 billion on my own somehow......I would set up and run a Non-profit organization and put most of it in there. I would also hire an advisor to allocate the rest in funds in a way to ensure I would never have to work for a company another day in my life.

Upright?

Would you care to elaborate?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It means those who take care of their inheritance as oppose to wasting it on riotous living.

Riotous, eh? (Do you remember interacting with me on a thread?)

Regarding "upright"....how does God define it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Riotous, eh? (Do you remember interacting with me on a thread?)

Regarding "upright"....how does God define it?
I remember your name. But I havent linked it to pass conversations as I dont take anything personal and only now exists.....yesterday doesnt....neither does tomorrow.

I have a 2 year old, fully capable of climbing out of his playpen......but he doesnt know he can yet...so he stays in. I play the role of satan by trying to hide the fact that he can climb out and making him feel content to stay in there......because I know that once He discovers that he can gets out.....the house is His and i'm in a world of trouble!.... Eventually God will increase his territory and understanding to where it will be silly to him to feel that he cant get out. Then he will get out . And once out he will never believe that he has to stay in again.

So you dont have to ask any more questions...... remain in your pen of current circumstances.....eventually understanding will come and you will be set free.

Wait, I say, on the lord.

Now lets get back to the fun talks about what we will do once we get out of the pen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I remember your name. But I havent linked it to pass conversations as I dont take anything personal and only now exists.....yesterday doesnt....neither does tomorrow.

I have a 2 year old, fully capable of climbing out of his playpen......but he doesnt know he can yet...so he stays in. I play the role of satan by trying to hide the fact that he can climb out and making him feel content to stay in there......because I know that once He discovers that he can gets out.....the house is His and i'm in a world of trouble!.... Eventually God will increase his territory and understanding to where it will be silly to him to feel that he cant get out. Then he will get out . And once out he will never believe that he has to stay in again.

So you dont have to ask any more questions...... remain in your pen of current circumstances.....eventually understanding will come and you will be set free.

Wait, I say, on the lord.

Now lets get back to the fun talks about what we will do once we get out of the pen.

'nuff said.

Thank you for the clarity that i was seeking.

Let it rain.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums