If you could do one thing and you would face no consequences...

m9lc

Veteran
Mar 18, 2007
✟9,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To the OP: I'm assuming that your constraints of the question are that it would have to be something actually possible, just with any negative consequences removed.

I don't think that there's much that I want to do that either a) doesn't have legal consequences or b) I wouldn't be able to get away with. As far as social consequences... hm, I can't really think of anything on that front either. Financial consequences? I would love to be able to drop everything and travel the world. So I guess I'll give that as my answer.

BTW, He's already proven it and you suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

You must not have been there when I spent many nights in the process of my deconversion praying to God to do something to help me believe that he was there. In my life as well as many other former Christians' lives, there was a point where there was nothing we would have liked more than to be able to believe.

It would require some intense subconscious acrobatics to have actually been actively suppressing the truth that whole time.

Upvote 0

Tuddrussell

The Dreamer of the Darkness
Jun 28, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟8,355.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Tudd:
Romans 1:18-20 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
images

Now about this proof...

Upvote 0

m9lc

Veteran
Mar 18, 2007
✟9,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Todd:

Romans 1:18-20 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Ah, well, you need to explain to your God that his creation doesn't constitute proof. Concisely illustrated by the talented Zach Weiner:

20100311.gif

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
images

Now about this proof...

Check out the thumb on that guy!

"In lieu of all other evidence I take the human thumb to be sufficient proof of the existence of God" Isaac Newton

Upvote 0

Tuddrussell

Jun 28, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟8,355.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If I could do anything or have one wish come true I would make all abortion illegal and make the penalty for anyone who performs/gets an abortion the same as 1st degree murder. But that's just me.

That's two things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, let's say that the thumb is an argument for the existance of deific involvement. (Which it isn't)

How do we know that this deity is Yahweh and not Xenu, Coyote, Vishnu, Zeus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Prophecy = Messianic DNA

Are you smarter than Newton?

Upvote 0

Tuddrussell

Jun 28, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟8,355.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If he had proof it would speak for itself. So far all he has is an assertion, one that he is not qualified to make. So yes, I can and have dismissed his baseless assertion.

You have also not answered my previous question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Smarter, almost certainly not. Better informed about the nature of the universe? Almost certainly.

The issue at hand is not the nature of the universe, it is the human thumb. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If he had proof it would speak for itself. So far all he has is an assertion, one that he is not qualified to make. So yes, I can and have dismissed his baseless assertion.

You have also not answered my previous question.

I did answer it, it just went over your head.

Upvote 0