If you could decorate a room, how would you make it look? Hhmmm....

May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My room is kind of small but I don't really like the way that it looks. My mother painted my walls a shade I don't agree with...it looks like a light beige? Or a cream color? I don't like it at all. But when I discussed to her about painting the walls a different color, like say, burgundy, she strongly objected to it. I don't see why not, I mean, this is my room, not her room. Can't I paint my walls any color I want to?

I am eventually going to redecorate this place, I think for the Christmas holidays. Maybe a Christmas theme would be most appropriate, hhmmm...

I think I will customize my room more to meet my specifications.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
From a design perspective, you have several things to consider beforehand. In light of the color you’re considering, room size is important. Burgundy will give the appearance of a smaller space. You may feel closed in.

And you need to consider its location within the house. Is natural light plentiful? If yes, what sort? Northern beams are softer than southern ones. And that impacts the way the color shows in the space.

You can elect to use burgundy as an accent color. It will add pop and richness to the room. You need to determine if you’re going for a fall/winter or spring/summer aesthetic.

If the walls are beige, you can lighten that through white furniture and furnishings with burgundy accents. Use a light natural wood to complement the warmth in the walls. And an oriental rug (or one with that palette) would tie it together.

All of this is guided by your decorating style. Be it traditional, farmhouse, coastal, etc. Gather ideas from Pinterest. She’s more likely to agree if she can visualize what you have in mind.

The color scheme below would work for a bedroom. Though, I envision it in a living or dining room. This is warmer.

B9F70680-9E4C-4B96-B0B5-9E0CD3DDD0B5.png

But I would go in this direction instead and use deep burgundy accents. I’d find candles in that hue and add richness through silver candle holders, frames, and mirrors. This is cooler. I think it imparts the calmness you expect in a bedroom’s decor.

~Bella

781CB707-9EC0-4152-8014-0EDB466E866B.png

Upvote 0