Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Probably because the owner provided a place where orthodox and unorthodox can discusss differences of beliefs.

"A forum to discuss/debate theological doctrines not accepted by mainstream evangelical Christianity (eg. Full Preterism, Unitarianism) Orthodox* and Unorthodox members welcome."

If you owned a site, don't you think you could set down some rules?

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Since we can not post on orthodox sites why are orthodox permitted to post on unorthodox forums?

So that they can attack what they deem to be unorthodox doctrines in an effort to show the superiority of the orthodox position

Besides, you've seen how easily rattled they are when they have to defend their doctrines. Imagine what would happen if the unorthodox crowd took that kind of scrutiny of faith to the orthodox realm.

:)

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Its to protect Christians from the LDS snare. Kinda like telling you what movies you can watch, what liquids you can drink, what you can smoke and what you can or can not do in your bedroom. But not quite that bad.

At least the rules are set in front of you before you commit.

On the contrary, it may be because some can see that Orthodoxy may not be the truth it set itself out to be, to those who choose to seek in what God shows them that may differ.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
"And unto every kingdom is given a law; and unto every law there are certain bounds also and conditions" (D&C 88:36-38).

That's interesting. Are we to assume a commandment and law are the same? Jesus gave us two commandments of love. Yet he made statements of those who would not see the Kingdom of Heaven by certain actions. One that comes to mind is in the non Canonicals that Jesus says if a person fears death he will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I can see by this very scripture why the many Christians faced their fate in the arena's of Rome. They had no fear of death because their beliefs were that strong. If we examine ourselves today, would our beliefs be that strong? How many fear leaving this world? Many say that don't fear. But isn't hell and the apocalypse the biggest threads in the forum?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
bah most laws seem to be used by people in order to restrict the spirit of truth. no one can take criticism very well nowadays, they all whine and report instead of throwing stones nowadays. apparently nowadays it is evil to call people out even though when I read the bible jesus constantly called people out. it was the hypocrites that always got offended and persecuted jesus! cowards!

its not like im a westboro baptist! and yet most people accept those peoples words over mine, it is just absurd to me!

it has been days of me constantly prodding myself if I acted in a wrong way to people but I have come to the conclusion that some people just stumble due to their own weakness. and what people need is to stop conforming to the little "ouch you play rough" attitude, because i'm not the guy that thinks it is okay to go and murder a bunch of people over seas. hypocrites I tell you, no heart and no empathy, and no mind. yet i'm evil because I attempt to show people that their heart is rather cold. I just can't stand it anymore, this is torture having to endure their thought systems of so-called justice! they just don't hear, their hearts are hearts of stone, they are wise in their own eyes. they gnash their teeth. they have a uncircumcised heart. they call good evil and evil good. they prowl about like a lion seeking whom they may drink up. they wallow in the mud like unclean pigs who will eat whatever is before them, unless it is pearls, those they prefer to trample over. brute beast, dry bones. liars, cowards, of the world, outer darkness, sexually immoral, idolators, lovers of men rather than lovers of God, giving heed to doctrines of demons, worshipping angels... ectect

Last edited:
Upvote 0

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
Probably because the owner provided a place where orthodox and unorthodox can discusss differences of beliefs.

"A forum to discuss/debate theological doctrines not accepted by mainstream evangelical Christianity (eg. Full Preterism, Unitarianism) Orthodox* and Unorthodox members welcome."

Who say which is which and why?

rob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you imagine how DULL it would be in here if Christians weren't allowed to post? It would just be a bunch of Mormons, Gnostics, Baha'i, JWs, whatever, complaining about the Christians in the other forums.

You would not know, you would not be here. So what would it matter to you. I think that would be better than what it must be like on the orthodox side. Sitting around and singing micheal rode the boat ashore. Trying to be funny here guys

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You would not know, you would not be here. So what would it matter to you. I think that would be better than what it must be like on the orthodox side. Sitting around and singing micheal rode the boat ashore. Trying to be funny here guys

1. Michael is supposed to ROW the boat, not ride it!

2. Did I miss the funny part?

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have been to many pro LDS sites which have different sections, but all are welcomed. They have sections where there are discussions about LDS teachings and how one views those teachings, but the hatred that is here would not be present because they ban those who try to. There are other forums in which they can voice their opinions without fear of being banned unless they go to far and are rude and disrespectful. Why don't they open up their sections for all to visit and discuss christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But this is an evangelical Christian site and LDS are posting here!

So what. Are there secrets that you don't want us to know about? I mean all the complaining I hear about the temples and only certain people can go there, and then you do the same thing here? Tea pot calling the kettle black. Sorry calling the kettle to have the same coloring as the tea pot, which is a darkened color that does not resemble white or pure.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have been to many pro LDS sites which have different sections, but all are welcomed. They have sections where there are discussions about LDS teachings and how one views those teachings, but the hatred that is here would not be present because they ban those who try to. There are other forums in which they can voice their opinions without fear of being banned unless they go to far and are rude and disrespectful. Why don't they open up their sections for all to visit and discuss christianity.

I do not hate LDS and never have. Whatever happens here a certain number of LDS must be quite fond of; they are busy members with lots of posts. You seem to enjoy saying that there's hatred here and you'll probably come back and say it again. I'm truly sorry that you feel that way. I've always encouraged other members to be polite when posting.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So what. Are there secrets that you don't want us to know about? I mean all the complaining I hear about the temples and only certain people can go there, and then you do the same thing here? Tea pot calling the kettle black. Sorry calling the kettle to have the same coloring as the tea pot, which is a darkened color that does not resemble white or pure.

Were your cornflakes nasty this morning? I'm sorry.

P. S. You misunderstood my post. I did NOT say that LDS shouldn't post. I was wondering why you were so unhappy.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not hate LDS and never have. Whatever happens here a certain number of LDS must be quite fond of; they are busy members with lots of posts. You seem to enjoy saying that there's hatred here and you'll probably come back and say it again. I'm truly sorry that you feel that way. I've always encouraged other members to be polite when posting.

There are people here who literally hate the doctrines of the LDS faith. Those teachings are a part of my inner self. I literally study the gospel of Christ everyday. And I understand it the way the LDS understand the gospel. If a person hates the teachings, then tell me how a person can seperate those teachings from the person to is active in promoting those teachings? There may be some that can, but very few. I can tell from the tone that some critics have here that it is more than just dislike.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Were your cornflakes nasty this morning? I'm sorry.

P. S. You misunderstood my post. I did NOT say that LDS shouldn't post. I was wondering why you were so unhappy.

My humor is not translating over. I was trying to lighten things up by being more politically correct with critical humor with the white and pure thrown in there. I guess my humor is to deep. The kids on the bus don't get my jokes many times. And my wife has heard them so many times she rolls her eyes when I ask her why she did not laugh. She use to.

Upvote 0