If there was a straight pill would homosexuals take it?

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
I've been hearing this rather mundane argument where people compare left handedness to homosexuality.
So I looked it up on line and read up on it from several different sources.
Because to me, saying, there is no difference between being left handed and being a lesbian. Is a lot like saying, All you need to build a house is a single piece of wood. Sure, but it'd be a real small house. No one could live in it, kids might play with it...

What I found in my search was pretty interesting. Every single site I went to sited that homosexuality could be an evolutionary error. However no one wanted to go there to keep from offending people. So no more research is being done on the subject.
I also found out that quite a lot of other things are associated with being left handed and homosexuality.
For instance, penis size, the direction your hair curls, autism, stuttering, and schizophrenia to name a few.

I went to several different sources to do my best to keep from getting a biased answer. All of them pretty much said the same thing.
Just Google "left handed gay people" or "left handed homosexuals" to get the same list I did.
On the top of the first search was a NARTH site, I skipped that one altogether. So please don't argue that.
I hit the listings such as Psychology Today and LA Times.
I'm not trying to insult anyone or suggest that any of these studies will bear negative results.
I'm only trying to point out that it's bits and pieces of information, it isn't the whole picture. The scientific community turns on one single light about the size of your standard flashlight in a 50x50 room and search under that light until they come up with more information.
That's how they find these things out.
And the way it sounds, with the homosexual community.. or homosexuals in general getting upset and pointing the prejudice finger at every single thing they don't agree with. It's going to be some time before the 50x50 room is completely lit up.
Homosexuals refuse to put prejudice behind them and allow for some real research on the subject to be done.

It's not simply my opinion, it's being demonstrated on a daily basis.

So, I came up with a question.
If homosexuality was found to be an evolutionary error and some person somewhere made a straight pill. How many homosexuals would actually take it?

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
If there were a pill available to make left handers right handed, would they take it?
Maybe that one, cant say. I guess I'd have to ask, would you take a pill for schizophrenia? It's shown to be linked to homosexuality as well and in some cases people are forced by law to take pills for it.
If there were a pill availablke to make black people white, would they take it?
Being black isn't considered to be a possible evolution error. So no.

Figures the only homosexual to reply to this thread would be one who replies negatively. Great insight.
Also proving what I said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
would you take a pill for schizophrenia? It's shown to be linked to homosexuality
*jaw droppingly gobsmacked* [citation needed]
Being black isn't considered to be a possible evolution error. So no.
Neither is being homosexual, so there's your answer.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
*jaw droppingly gobsmacked* [citation needed]Neither is being homosexual, so there's your answer.

O.K. It's not, but it once was until someone was worried that homosexuals would be offended by further research. Evidence was leaning in that direction and scientist stopped gathering information of the subject because of it.

I'm sure they were thinking, homosexuality would lose a lot of rep if it were found to be an evolutionary error.

And left handedness has about as much to do with homosexuality as penis size, the direction your hair grows and " schizophrenia" so it was a logical question. If it insults you then I suggest you stop using left handedness as a way to dodge a good answer.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not, but it once was until someone was worried that homosexuals would be offended by further research.
No, homosexuality has never been "an evolutionary error" otherwise we wouldn't see it so universally widespread in both human and animal populations
Evidence was leaning in that direction and scientist stopped gathering information of the subject because of it.
What is this, the conspiracy theorists version of scientific consensus? Support your argument with peer reviewed research or retract.
I'm sure they were thinking, homosexuality would lose a lot of rep if it were found to be an evolutionary error.
What you would like to be true, is not necesarily true.
And left handedness has about as much to do with homosexuality as penis size, the direction your hair grows and " schizophrenia" so it was a logical question. If it insults you then I suggest you stop using left handedness as a way to dodge a good answer.
What the heck are you jibbering about? Left handedness is a genetic-prone, behavioural trait, just like homosexuality, thus the two are COMPARABLE... you will note that comparable is not the same as linked.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
No, homosexuality has never been "an evolutionary error" otherwise we wouldn't see it so universally widespread in both human and animal populations
That's a falsehood.
A little old school as well. Just because something is widespread, doesn't mean it cant be an evolutionary error.
I thought you liked to keep up so you would look informed?
Here:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-100.html
Says why the research was stopped.
Simon LeVay, a neuropsychologist who studies the biological differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals and is both gay and left-handed, is also reluctant to jump to conclusions.
What is this, the conspiracy theorists version of scientific consensus? Support your argument with peer reviewed research or retract.What you would like to be true, is not necesarily true.What the heck are you jibbering about? Left handedness is a genetic-prone, behavioural trait, just like homosexuality, thus the two are COMPARABLE... you will note that comparable is not the same as linked.
Yeah it was shown in the LA times.

This site maybe
http://www.mygenes.co.nz/lefthand.htm

Other then that, do you have a screen name and password for the APA website? If not I'm afraid you cant get what you want.

That doesn't even matter. The point is, it wont be examined any further then homosexuals will allow it to be and that's not a theory it's proven fact.
Basically the public is being spoon fed what homosexuals want them to be.

The other question that is never addressed is, if it is just the same as being left handed, how well can homosexuals handle the social tolerance people have of homosexual acts. It doesn't matter if the act of sex is carried out in your own home or not.
If homosexuals come from the womb a homosexual, then how can they be trusted not to try and push homosexuality on someone who isn't a homosexual for their own interest?

Last edited:
Reactions: EnemyPartyII
Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's a falsehood.
A little old school as well. Just because something is widespread, doesn't mean it cant be an evolutionary error.
I thought you liked to keep up so you would look informed?
Here:
Says why the research was stopped.
Sexuality at Hand
Left-handers are more likely to be gay. Is there a genetic link?
Thats the site your link goes to. Where does it say homosexuality is an "evolutionary error"?

Yeah it was shown in the LA times.

This site maybe

Other then that, do you have a screen name and password for the APA website? If not I'm afraid you cant get what you want.
Is left-handedness linked to homosexuality?
N.E.Whitehead, Ph.D.
This study appears to show an overwhelmingly strong (biological) factor underlying both left-handedness and homosexuality.
This article? Again... nothing saying homosexuality is an "evolutionary error", nothing linking it to schizophrenia that I can see. Perhaps a direct quote?

That doesn't even matter. The point is, it wont be examined any further then homosexuals will allow it to be and that's not a theory it's proven fact.
Basically the public is being spoon fed what homosexuals want them to be.
Who said that this research has been cancelled? Both articles look like the researchers in question were able to complete their studies, so what are you talking about?

The other question that is never addressed is, if it is just the same as being left handed, how well can homosexuals handle the social tolerance people have of homosexual acts. It doesn't matter if the act of sex is carried out in your own home or not.
If homosexuals come from the womb a homosexual, then how can they be trusted not to try and push homosexuality on someone who isn't a homosexual for their own interest?
I'm... stunned... I'm just staring at my computer screen trying to come up with anything vaguely coherent... but I'm having real difficulty making any sense of this paragraph.

Are you saying (and please, correct me if I misunderstand you) that if homosexuals are naturally homosexual, inclined that way by genetics, that you don't understand why they aren't forcing heterosexuals to be homosexual?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well yes it does actually... because widespread errors lead to extinction. Yet homosexuality is a trait observed in all higher order mammals and many bird species, if it were an error, we wouldn't see it so widespread.

But I will say this, full marks for finding some decently researched articles. They were interesting, and unbiased. Heck, I'll even rep ya for it!

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Well yes it does actually... because widespread errors lead to extinction. Yet homosexuality is a trait observed in all higher order mammals and many bird species, if it were an error, we wouldn't see it so widespread.
Thats not entirely true, the gene can be missed when it's layered and it happens more often then not.
But I will say this, full marks for finding some decently researched articles. They were interesting, and unbiased. Heck, I'll even rep ya for it!
Uhh thanks.

You still didn't answer the question.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
Are you saying (and please, correct me if I misunderstand you) that if homosexuals are naturally homosexual, inclined that way by genetics, that you don't understand why they aren't forcing heterosexuals to be homosexual?
Forcing is a harsh term, manipulated maybe. Yeah. It happens all the time when sex is involved. You find that hard to believe? It would shock you to think a homosexual would want to try and manipulate a heterosexual to have sex with them?
Whats so hard about it?

"The data obscures the fact that most homosexuals are right-handed, and most left-handed people are heterosexual,"

The authors conclude by discussing possible biological reasons for their results, and prefer an explanation in which both left-handedness and homosexuality result from biological developmental error
In other words the overwhelming majority of those who are left-handed when young do not become homosexual. The strength of any underlying factor producing both is weak. Something unusual happens to a small number of left-handed people and their sexual-orientation development is atypical

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-sex16-2008jun16,0,5424540.story
Explains someo of the things I stated, like the hair and penis size.

That's it for you. For your information, because of problems in the womb being left handed can result in cancer as well as a multitude of other defects. That was proven before the left handed, homosexual study... thing.
Being left handed is a far cry from acting homosexual at any rate. You cant live a left handed life style as rampantly or distinguished as you can a homosexual life style.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats not entirely true, the gene can be missed when it's layered and it happens more often then not.
Are you refering to "recessive traits"? Um, yeah... even recessive traits that seem to have a negative evolutionary aspect, all, without exception, turn out to have a positive evolutionary aspect when more deeply researched. Like sickle cell anaemia, when it is a full dominant trait, it kills children, but when it is a dominant with a recessive, it imparts malaria resistance to the carrier.

Homosexuality, at least, the genes relating to it, are probably similar (so far research suggests that male homosexuality is linked to increased fertility in female carriers)
Uhh thanks.

You still didn't answer the question.
Probably because I didn't understand the question.
Forcing is a harsh term, manipulated maybe. Yeah. It happens all the time when sex is involved. You find that hard to believe? It would shock you to think a homosexual would want to try and manipulate a heterosexual to have sex with them?
Whats so hard about it?
I'm sure it does happens. Same as I'm sure there are heterosexuals who try to fmanipulate homosexuals into having sex with them. Doesn't mean that thats how ALL homosexuals will act.

I mean, you're heterosexual right? Does that mean you have to sleep with every opposite sex person you see? Of course not. Ditto, as a homosexual, I don't have to sleep with every same sex person I see.

Upvote 0

Inviolable

Feb 27, 2006
✟3,179.00
Faith
Christian
I mean, you're heterosexual right? Does that mean you have to sleep with every opposite sex person you see? Of course not. Ditto, as a homosexual, I don't have to sleep with every same sex person I see.
You're jumping to conclusions here. I'm hetero but.. Ask any guy and they'll tell you they have a horny friend who will sleep with just about anyone. Homosexual males are no different. According to you they shouldn't be anyway.
Just about every teenage male on the planet only thinks about sex, gay men aren't any different.
And females always act passionately when it comes to finding Mr. Right, or Miss. Right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 2, 2004
Mount Airy, NC
Visit site
✟1,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm interested in your response there buddy.

Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2004
Mount Airy, NC
Visit site
✟1,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I.. gave it.

buddy
Sorry! Did not see your response!

Hmm...what you say and what is reality is often two very conflicting things. Sure, there are some occurrences in which the person who is heterosexual does commit homosexual acts, but those acts do not make that person homosexual completely. If I were to kiss someone of my same sex, that does not mean that I am homosexual, even though my doing so would be a homosexual act, it doesn't mean I'm homosexual, it just means that I'm showing affection for a dear friend. Just because someone experiences homosexual acts does not entitle them to automattically, by default, become homosexual. Often times it does lead to it, but it does not neccessarily mean that "coming out" so to speak was a result of having done those homosexual acts. Those who experiment or are curious by nature, typically are the ones in which homosexuality is a sexual tendacy.

For further example, I am asexual. Have I had sex? No. I just know that I'm asexual, and cannot do anything to change it. Asexuality is just a part of who I am, who I was born as. Simply put, Asexuality is like celibacy, only not chosen, and with the abscence of the desire. Would I choose to be asexual? I don't think so. Before I accepted myself as an asexual, I would pray for sexual desire of any sort to be a part of who I am. Now, I've come to terms with that abscence of desire. If I had sex, that would not change the fact that I'm asexual. It would not change the fact that I don't feel any desire to engage in that form of physical connection. Now, if I was exposed to that, what I am by nature and by default, will not change.

The point is, no matter what orientation you are, homosexual acts will not automatically declare that person a homosexual. Those who often seek those acts are the ones who see themselves as "I might be gay." If you are heterosexual, the mere thought, I imagine, the mere thought of doing something with a member of the same sex probably just grosses you out. But if you are homosexual, in the closet or whatever and you do commit homosexual acts, chances are, it's not by chance, but by innermost desire.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're jumping to conclusions here. I'm hetero but.. Ask any guy and they'll tell you they have a horny friend who will sleep with just about anyone. Homosexual males are no different. According to you they shouldn't be anyway.
Just about every teenage male on the planet only thinks about sex, gay men aren't any different.
And females always act passionately when it comes to finding Mr. Right, or Miss. Right.
*blink blink* yes... horny homosexual teenagers might THINK about getting it on with every vaguely attractive same sex person they see, the question was whether they were going to force themselves, or try to trick anyone who didn't want to into sleeping with them.

I bet when you were a teenager you were attracted to a lot more people than you ever had sex with, right? And those who didn't want to have sex with, you respected their decision? What makes you think homosexual people would behave any differently?

Upvote 0