In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Brother of mine...the God of mercy is a God of time....I live day in a day out in a constant battle with depression....yet I do not claim that there is no mercy.....and there is certainly no way to say that depression is not painful....it is horribly painful and a bloody hell, personalized for optimum pain and discomfort for all those in the pain it brings about. Do you expect, while living on an earth ruled by Satan, to have a perfect and wonderful life? A life with more money than you have now, a beautiful house and family, and a healthy body? Come now....in what dream world are you living?????? Okay...some people get that....are they happy all the time? NO. Look on the brightside my friend....you aren't in the tsunami, you haven't lost your youngest to a sharp board being driven through his leg so that he dies of a slow painful death on the ground without anyone to save him....you have not lost both eyes to a near death experience in an explosion that rocked your body and destroyed the world you once knew so well.....you are alive........you may have a mess in your life....but what makes it any different from the mess that this world is in? I am NOT bashing you. I simply wish to show you the rest. My brother.....look at Job....poor man....lost his family, all his possessions, his friends attacked him for days, he had sores all over his body and he couldn't sleep because of the pain and discomfort he was dealing with......mercy is coming. The best has yet to come....it hasn't but it will....if you believe, it can be done. Look......as Christians, Satan attacks us day in and out with all he's got.....and you know what our reward is if he stick by God in this horrid life? HEAVEN better than anything ever here on earth........but nonchristians....yikes...good life here.....but once they die.....they die a horrid death a zillion times over where they experience a hell that is more real than any hell on earth like we make up all the time........you may think it's bad here....but dude......life is short compared to eternity.....trust me....just stick through the tough and make it to the good.....it is coming...and your reward will grow the more struggle you go through. Have faith and keep going....if you wanna talk more or yell at me for being too tough on you....go ahead and PM me...that will be the only way to reach me really....

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
evil genious said:
Hello,

If there is a god that says peace and goodwill, Then why will he not spare me
all my pain and grief in my life by letting me have a heart attack or a stroke so
that I would not have to endure the mess that is my life.

There is no mercy!

Doug

There is no mercy here on earth, you are correct. Our existence is merciless and full of pain and grief. Why? This is the same questions the Hebrews asked. This is the same question all who seek God ask. They all come up with basically the same answer. Pain and grief are the result of our seperation from God, evil genious. This is the reality of our existence. While we remain seperate from God there is no end of pain and suffering.

There is hope though. That hope is in our reconciliation with God. God offers us comfort that this will end when this life ends. Use that comfort to strengthen you in your pain and suffering. Mercy is coming. Keep your faith, hope and love directed at that promise of reconciliation with God. There will be no pain in heaven, there will be no more tears. God will have mercy on your tortured soul. Keep on overcoming, my friend. It's not easy and sometimes it feels impossible. Never lose hope though. God is your only hope for mercy. It's ok to get angry at God too. Let out that frustration and let him know your pain. God will be feeling that pain with you. You can be certain of that. He knows the extent of your pain and grief, he also realises your great need for mercy. He won't fail you at that time, but right now he cannot reach you. You are apart from Him. While you are here, there are still things to be learned and things to experience. Those close to you still need you. While you grieve, they grieve too. Be strong for them and help them to be strong in grief. Help them to know that hope always remains in God's mercy to come.

Upvote 0

helmikaarina

Pearls of Life addict
Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
✟18,789.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not saying that there wouldn't be times in our lives when it feels like God has gone away and left us all alone with our questions. Dark, lonely, difficult times. There really are. But He is there near us whatever we feel. Maybe one's life with God isn't easy, but it's a good one.

the desert bead in the wreath of Christ rosary said:
In the desert of life there is suspicion, hopelessness, tiredness, temptations, sadness, fighting. These things are also a part of your life. You may pray:Keep me holy and I will be holy kept. Heal me and I will be healed. Draw me near Yourself, and my heart will have peace. Jesus Christ, give me mercy.
the bead of darkness in the wreath of Christ rosary said:
There are dark periods in life when you feel lonely and it feels that even God has gone away. But God is faithful. Even in the darkness He will be near you.. He didn’t abandon Jesus, He won’t abandon you either. He will hear you cry and sigh. In the Night He has come nearer you. You may pray:Out of the depths have I cried unto You, oh Lord. Lord, hear my voice. Do not abandon me.

Upvote 0

Jesusfan4ever

With God ALL things are possible! Matthew 19:26
Jan 28, 2005
Oregon
✟42,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doug, I struggle with depression alot & I also have epilepsy. I have to continually look to the Lord for strength to go on. The Lord is our strength & our shield. He is a great help in the time of trouble. Whenever you feel like you can't go on you should call a Christian brother or sister & ask them to pray for you & you should be praying for God to give you the strength you need to make it through the day. That's what the church is for. Be encouraged that God is on your side & that He will never leave you nor forsake you. :wave:
Jesusfan4ever
............................................................................................................
God is Awesome:clap:

Upvote 0

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
evil genious said:
Hello,

If there is a god that says peace and goodwill, Then why will he not spare me
all my pain and grief in my life by letting me have a heart attack or a stroke so
that I would not have to endure the mess that is my life.

There is no mercy!

Doug

I have no great word of wisdom for you Doug...but I have been praying for you. I think I see you are angry and in a lot of pain...but you still believe there is a God.

If you can hear these verses from Psalm 103...they do describe God's mercy to us all.

The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.
He will not always strive with us;
nor will He keep His anger forever.

He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.

As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgression from us.

Just as a father has compassion on his children,
So the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him.

For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust.

Psalm 103:8-14
I pray for you, that the Lord will begin to lift this oppression over your emotions...physically and spiritually...I pray, you will be able to breathe easier, relax and receive from Him, even in this time of pain and suffering.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

1st of all . . .do you know Jesus? I hope so. If not please pm myself or anyone in the forum and we will gladly help you out with taking Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Then . . .

Allow God to change your mind/perspective . . .and it will change your world. In other words evilgenious, it is your outlook that is off. Negative thoughts and words can ruin us. Don't let them!

Start by reading God's word - every single day. God's word can not and does not return void. Read, read, read His word. Let it settle into your soul (meditate on it) and become a part of you!

Believe His word when it says things like, "you are the head and not the tail!" "We are victorious in Christ Jesus." Now that's mercy evil genious. Think about it. Who else would die for you?

In Him who delivers us!
:hug:

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Doug, I don't know what happened, but I do know that we all walk through the valley you're experiencing and God does bring us through it. Maybe it would help to talk it out with a faithful pastor or someone who knows your circumstances.

But I will say that many of us have had hard lives, and we can pray for you. Ask the Lord to comfort you. He will if you ask and trust. Do you know the Lord? If not, please get to know Him. If you do, this may help:

Matthew 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Ask the Lord to comfort you and wait for this promise to be fulfilled. Ask Him what the context is for this comfort, and seek it.

Praying for you this night. :prayer:

Upvote 0