If the God we serve EXISTS, then he can rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,723.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christian Standard Bible, Daniel 3:

13Then in a furious ragea Nebuchadnezzar gave orders to bring in Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. So these men were brought before the king. 14Nebuchadnezzar asked them, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, is it true that you don’t serve my gods or worship the gold statuea I have set up? 15Now if you’re ready, when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, drum, and every kind of music, fall down and worship the statue I made. But if you don’t worship it, you will immediately be thrown into a furnace of blazing fire — and who is the god who can rescue you from my power? ”
Nebuchadnezzar mentioned the conditions: if they worshipped the statue and if they didn't.

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied to the king, “Nebuchadnezzar, we don’t need to give you an answer to this question. 17 If the God we serve exists, then he can rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire, and he can rescue us from the power of you, the king.
exists,
אִיתַ֗י (’î·ṯay)
Adverb
Strong's 383: Entity, as a particle of affirmation, there is

Strong's Hebrew: 383. אּיתַי (ithay) — 17 Occurrences

Brown-Driver-Briggs:

particle there is, are
CSB applied the adverb/particle to "God".

On the other hand, the English Standard Version translated it differently and applied H383 to Nebucjadnessar's conditions:

If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king.
At Biblehub, 6 out of 44 used the word "exists". The consensus is strong.