If the Christian God is the only God, why do many people seem to experience god in other religions

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe that any/all religion leads to God. I believe that faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way.
However, so many people seem to genuinely encounter god (God?) through other religions... How can this be?
There are many gods, but only one God is the Creator. The other gods are either the product of imagination (idolatry) or demons posing as gods.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God can be gracious and can use any experience to lead people one more step towards Him. But sometimes the evil one can masquerade as God to deceive people. And sometimes people can deceive themselves.

Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't give a definitive answer (who can??), but I would say it's because God/Christ is everywhere and speaking to all, whether or not they recognise Him for what and who He truly is. Have you read Emeth the Calormene's story at the end of The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis? That explains it better than I can.

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe that any/all religion leads to God. I believe that faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way.
However, so many people seem to genuinely encounter god (God?) through other religions... How can this be?
Maybe because that way most people have a chance of finding God regardless of which religion they choose. If there was only one way, i don´t think as many people would find God.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can't give a definitive answer (who can??), but I would say it's because God/Christ is everywhere and speaking to all, whether or not they recognise Him for what and who He truly is. Have you read Emeth the Calormene's story at the end of The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis? That explains it better than I can.
I agree completely, and love your TLTWATW illustration you have for your avatar!

• Friendly
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There is only one God which people experience as the Holy Spirit, ,
but men have created many names for Him, and some have
fashioned religions about the experience.

Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress,
and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. -James 1:27

Upvote 0

Restless heart

Sep 7, 2017
Halifax
✟17,489.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe because that way most people have a chance of finding God regardless of which religion they choose. If there was only one way, i don´t think as many people would find God.

The first commandment says you have no other gods before me Exodus 20:3
God in the bible repeatedly reveals that he is a jealous God and not to place anything else before Him. So why in the world would He then speak to someone who believes that they are talking to another god? That would be enabling them; encouraging them to continue worshipping a false god...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first commandment says you have no other gods before me Exodus 20:3
God in the bible repeatedly reveals that he is a jealous God and not to place anything else before Him. So why in the world would He then speak to someone who believes that they are talking to another god? That would be enabling them; encouraging them to continue worshipping a false god...
I don´t think there is any false Gods, i believe there is a lot of different prophets to lead us to the same God. We have a free will to do what we want, everyones belief is different. No one knows what is up and down other than God, there is lots of things we dont know, and never will...

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

Here I have posted a typical fundamentalist answer to this question:

Upvote 0

T-seven

Aug 30, 2017
Johannesburg
✟10,179.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What they have or are having, is a spiritual experience ... just with the wrong spirit.
Yes, it's a real experience, but that shouldn't surprise us as Christians.
That's why John wrote that we should test the spirits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Response to Maria.V.H.'s posts #5 + #11.

Christ-following is a truly unique belief system.

1. BELIEVE unto the SALVATION EVENT...THEN...2. FOLLOW unto the SANCTIFICATION PROCESS.

1. John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2
2. Matthew 16: 24-27; Luke 14:25-33

Believing the truth in the following clear verse by Jesus rules out any other WAY/PATH to the TRI-UNE GOD.

God's ONLY way TO Him

John 14:6 (NASB)

Jesus said to him, (Doubtful Thomas)

“I AM
the WAY, and ( Greek 3598...hodos...manner of thinking, feeling, deciding (soul)

the TRUTH, and (Greek 225....aletheia...what is true in things appertaining to God and the duties of man (spiritually)

the LIFE; (Greek 2222....zoe.... absolute fulness of (spiritual) life...which belongs to God,

no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Response to Maria.V.H.'s posts #5 + #11.

Christ-following is a truly unique belief system.

1. BELIEVE unto the SALVATION EVENT...THEN...2. FOLLOW unto the SANCTIFICATION PROCESS.

1. John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2
2. Matthew 16: 24-27; Luke 14:25-33

Believing the truth in the following clear verse by Jesus rules out any other WAY/PATH to the TRI-UNE GOD.

God's ONLY way TO Him

John 14:6 (NASB)

Jesus said to him, (Doubtful Thomas)

“I AM
the WAY, and ( Greek 3598...hodos...manner of thinking, feeling, deciding (soul)

the TRUTH, and (Greek 225....aletheia...what is true in things appertaining to God and the duties of man (spiritually)

the LIFE; (Greek 2222....zoe.... absolute fulness of (spiritual) life...which belongs to God,

no one comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.
I know and i understand, and i have apologized for being weird;) I am a free thinker, i will never apologize for that! My views may be way off, but at least i think, that should count for something. I never said i am perfect, i know i am not, and in most peoples views i´m completely wrong, and i understand that. I just think that we should acknowledge our differences, as long as we don´t know anything, and as long as we are all wrong, we all do things wrong, we all fail.... There is a lot of different people in this world, there is people who knows a lot about the bible, but does not have a clue about the humanity or love we believe in and vice versa, which one is better than the other??? No one is better, we all have a right to be here, as long as we believe.....

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
..."as long as we believe..." Post#17

Q: Is spirit-led BELIEF about the same as spirit-led FAITH?
Q2: If so, in WHAT/WHOM does your spirit have FAITH/BELIEF?

Hint: Ephesians 2

And your spirit must be changed. John 3

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi

They seem to....

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They SEEM to ...ONLY!!
Only God knows His spiritual relationship to Man.
Any belief system which does not accept the TRI-UNE GOD is in grave error.

Jesus in Matthew 28 commands us to be missionaries, Ambassadors of Christ, to witness and testify against that error:

Note the ORDER of the Commandment!

Matthew 28: 16-20 ...The Risen Jesus' last Words?..."The Great Commission"
16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated.
When they SAW Him, ( in His "spirit body" form) they WORSHIPED Him;(as God!)
but some were doubtful (of what they were SEEING!).
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, (I don't require WORSHIP...I require FOLLOWING!)
“All (spiritual) AUTHORITY has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
(a) GO therefore and
(b) MAKE DISCIPLES(conbert) of ALL the NATIONS,
(c) baptizing THEM (believing followers) in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, (TRI-UNE GOD)
(d) TEACHING them to OBSERVE all that I commanded you; (example and precepts)
and lo, I am with you always (spiritually), even to "the end of the (CHURCH) age".” (age of GRACE)

BUT Christ-following is difficult to live and explain!

2 Corinthians 5:20
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ,
as though God were making an appeal THROUGH us;
we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Upvote 0