if somebody divorce and remarriage, goes to hell?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What? Remarrying does not make anyone a "second-hand husband." That would be saying divorced men, regardless of why they ended their marriages, are less valuable than men who only got married once.
I was a single for 17 years after my first wife left me. For 12 of those years I was a single parent. Christian women are not interested in a divorced man with a child for marriage. I do not blame them. Often two divorced people end up getting married and the end up with yours, mine and ours. All the issues you have to deal with in a situation like that puts a lot of pressure on a marriage. Dating or being friends usually works out pretty good and the kids are usually very accepting of that situation. It is not until you actually try to combine the households when the problems begin. Often the attempt to try to be good to the other persons children does not work out as well as you were hoping.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Christian women are not interested in a divorced man with a child for marriage. I do not blame them. Often two divorced people end up getting married and then end up with yours, mine and ours.

IOW a requirement to be a Christian is to not believe in marrying divorced men. See the problem there? I have a sister who married a divorced Baptist. Does that marriage make him not a Christian anymore?

I don't understand the last part. People who get married don't end up in my home because I am not the one who married them.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that marriage make him not a Christian anymore?
Under the law there are many men in the Bible that have multiple wives. There is not one single example of a women with multiple husbands. Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. He wrote 1,000 books and 3 of them are in our Bible. With all of those wives he gives us many warnings about adulterous women. "Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman" (Proverbs 2:16) "Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man's wife?" (Proverbs 5:20)

David had 8 wives and he was told: "if that was not enough, I would have given you even more." (2Samuel 12:8) Yet he wanted Bathsheba the wife of Uriah and this is what got him in trouble. They lost the first son they had. Then they went on to have Solomon. This is what they call the Scarlet Thread. The bloodline of Jesus was filled with sin and the need for redemption.

What does Paul say: "27 Are you committed to a wife? Do not seek to be released. Are you free of commitment? Do not look for a wife. 28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned. And if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this." According to Paul if a virgin women marry s a man who has more then one wife then she is going to face troubles in life that she would not face if she were the only wife.

Genghis Khan is the patriarch of 16 million people. So he actually has the most descendants of anyone. Quite a few people in China are actually descended from the Emperor in the forbidden city in Beijing. Solomon was not the only king or leader to have multiple wives. This was very common back then. To the victor goes the spoils of war. Even though Solomon never had to fight a war. Perhaps to maintain peace with Solomon every kingdom had to sacrifice one of their daughters.

Even today there are women who question if they should marry for love or money. If she is in a marriage of convenience and there is no love does that give her the right to leave her husband? None of this answers what a New Covenant marriage is. None of this explains God's plan and purpose for marriage. Why did God make them male and female, man and women then tells us that His plan is for the two to be united together and become one. As Christ becomes one with His Bride. There are people that talk about Covenant Companions.

It would be easy to write a whole book on this and there would still be a lot that I do not know or understand because the Church is to be a type of the Bride of Christ. What will life be like in Heaven? Will we have companions in Heaven? What will the relationship be with people that are husband and wife here on the Earth? What about the marriage supper of the Lamb? What sort of purity does Jesus expect in His bride? This also we could talk a lot about the Bride of Christ.

7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. 8 She was given clothing of fine linen, bright and pure.” For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints. (Rev19)

Upvote 0