If salvation required works would there be any risk to a believer who believe it didn't?

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some Baptists that believe. Anyone who believes a single work has anything to do with being saved will be damned.

And some believe that those who don't believe in eternal security will also be damned.

Some Baptists also tend to be very strict. So even though they believe they are saved through no works at all, they still strive to do good, work hard, and avoid sin. Same with Calvinists.

If it was true that works were part of being saved. Would a Baptist or Calvinist be at any risk even if they did the good works anyways.

And would the Calvinist be at any risk for having the incorrect view about predestination if they were wrong?

Or a Baptist who was uncertain whether people had any choice in the matter of being saved or not?

I can imagine two types of Jews on the Passover night in Egypt.

Some put their trust in the lamb blood, and just relax and enjoy the night, confident that it is sufficient.

Other Jews are more paranoid and try to help the blood with their works, praying fasting singing non stop to God.

In the end both houses first born are still saved because the blood at their doorpost is sufficient.

That is how I view this never ending argument about faith alone or faith and works for salvation.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can imagine two types of Jews on the Passover night in Egypt.

Some put their trust in the lamb blood, and just relax and enjoy the night, confident that it is sufficient.

Other Jews are more paranoid and try to help the blood with their works, praying fasting singing non stop to God.

In the end both houses first born are still saved because the blood at their doorpost is sufficient.

That is how I view this never ending argument about faith alone or faith and works for salvation.

#1 The laws were not given yet.
#2. There was no relaxing that night, they had to have their shoes on and be ready to leave.
#3. The wailing alone from the Egyptian quarters would be enough to keep everyone up and alert and not relaxing.
#4. The Psalms had not yet been written, their ' works' were the obidience to what Moses told them the LoRD said for them to do to avoid the Death angel.
This shows they learned one lesson that obeying God brings Life.

So all who lived through that night did so because of obedience to Gods Instructions (Torah)

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#1 The laws were not given yet.
#2. There was no relaxing that night, they had to have their shoes on and be ready to leave.
#3. The wailing alone from the Egyptian quarters would be enough to keep everyone up and alert and not relaxing.
#4. The Psalms had not yet been written, their ' works' were the obidience to what Moses told them the LoRD said for them to do to avoid the Death angel.
This shows they learned one lesson that obeying God brings Life.

So all who lived through that night did so because of obedience to Gods Instructions (Torah)

The only instruction given was to put the blood of the lamb on the doorpost.

But after that, whether you add anything else to it or not, it doesn't matter, your son is still spared from the angel of death.

That was my point

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed, while we will be saved in the future from God’s wrath on the day of the Lord (Romans 5:9-10), we are being currently being saved from continuing to live in sin (Matthew 1:21, 1 John 3:4, Philippians 2:12, Titus 2:11-14).
Yes indeed. I often point out that salvation is happening in our lives here and now.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only instruction given was to put the blood of the lamb on the doorpost.
Another Instruction was for the Israelites to roast and eat the flesh of the lamb ...

John 6:53-57
53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.​
54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.​
55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.​
56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.​
57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.​
58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”​

Do you understand the Lord's Spiritual Instruction for the Feast of Passover and Unleavened Bread (verse 58).
But after that, whether you add anything else to it or not, it doesn't matter, your son is still spared from the angel of death.

That was my point
How many of those original adult Israelites entered the Promised Land (not even Moses was spared) due to disobedience?
What we don't know is how many of the first born "sons" (after 40 years) entered the Promised Land.

We would like to believe that all of the first born sons entered the Promised Land as well as their sons and grandsons. Yet years later many of their descendants were taken captive (diaspora). Thus a New Covenant was necessary to make atonement for the disobedience of mankind..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many of those original adult Israelites entered the Promised Land (not even Moses was spared) due to disobedience?
What we don't know is how many of the first born "sons" (after 40 years) entered the Promised Land.

We would like to believe that all of the first born sons entered the Promised Land as well as their sons and grandsons. Yet years later many of their descendants were taken captive (diaspora). Thus a New Covenant was necessary to make atonement for the disobedience of mankind..

You are now going into another point. I am only talking about that night

Upvote 0