Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 6:9-11 tells of the souls of the martyrs in heaven asking how long until they are revenged

This shows three things
The righteous dead are conscious in heaven
They petition the Lord
And they are aware of events on earth (as they are aware that the wicked individuals responsible for their deaths had not been punished yet)

Likely a metaphor, like Abel's blood "crying from the ground".

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Likely a metaphor, like Abel's blood "crying from the ground".

Much of Revelation is more symbolic in nature, so it is possible
I do not see why you think it is likely a metaphor though

We also have the 24 Elders in Revelation 4:4 showing that souls of the just reside in Heaven

Also the numerous visions of Saints reaffirms our belief in this biblical doctrine

Upvote 0

Noose

Jul 5, 2019
Nairobi
✟15,403.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If saints are dead how can they pray for us?

The idea mainly stems from:

2 Pet 1:12 Therefore, I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are established in the truth you now have. 13I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of my body, 14since I know that it will soon be laid aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15And I will make every effort to ensure that after my departure, you will be able to recall these things at all times.

What Peter meant here is that he continues refreshing believers mind even after his departure.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Much of Revelation is more symbolic in nature, so it is possible
I do not see why you think it is likely a metaphor though

We also have the 24 Elders in Revelation 4:4 showing that souls of the just reside in Heaven

Also the numerous visions of Saints reaffirms our belief in this biblical doctrine
"Abel's blood calling out" might mean Abel is the one who is claiming God for what happened to him.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0