If Jesus was standing right in front of you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But you are mixing apples and oranges, Pete. Salvation is not healing and healing is not salvation. One is spiritual, eternal; the other is physical, temporal. My spirit tells me I am saved (see Rom. 8.16) even when I am failing/sinning; but when I have a fever, my body tells me I am not healed … I am sick. That’s why God gives us pain; to tell us we are sick and need healing (either by prayer or by medication or both).

Sincerely,
~Ida Claire

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dondi said:
I think at lot of people get convinced, but then get discouraged when it doesn't happen. Why do people keep going time after time to healing meetings and never get healed. I'm sure they are convinced or else they wouldn't be showing up. Yet they keep hoping and hoping and come away empty handed. Why?

God bless you brother Dondi. :wave:

I really think they were never really convinced, that's the reason.
Yes they hope, but usually it's not a biblical hope, more like a wishful thinking hope. Can you say for sure that they truly believed that God would definitley heal them at that moment?

They had probably been told God might heal them, and with that kind of faith, indeed He might.

But they almost certainly hadn't been told He will heal them, or if they had, not until after they'd absorbed years, maybe decades, a lifetime even, of the previous teaching.

That is my own background, but in recent months I have chosen to read the word, to challenge my unbelief whenever it arises, and begin to reject that history of low expectations with every fibre of my being.

I want to do the greater works that Jesus promised me I would.
I don't want to keep praying "maybes" all my life. I definitely don't want to go through another season of watching someone see-sawing between life and death until they lost the battle against cancer and died. It should not have happened.

I want to see salvation, healing and deliverance following me - the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in Heaven! :thumbsup:

God bless, love Sue

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes they hope, but usually it's not a biblical hope, more like a wishful thinking hope. Can you say for sure that they truly believed that God would definitley heal them at that moment?

What is the difference between these two hopes? Wasn't it their goal to get healed? How do you know for sure that they didn't have genuine faith in God to heal them? Is this how you are going to catagorize this? How convenient. If you see someone that is not healed, you can just say they didn't have enough faith. If you see someone who is healed, they must have done something right with their faith.

Are all WoFers healed?

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry Dondi, I really am struggling to explain this, but yes, there is a difference.

We can desire healing, believe it is possible, yet not have the faith that says yes, it will happen. That seems a teeny difference in words, but in truth it's huge, and I am still trying to bridge the gap myself.

Just sharing where I'm at, how I'm changing my perspective. Not trying to say anything about anyone's faith at all, just that they would ask themselves what they believe.

(I'm not wof by the way.)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christina M said:
......and He asked you: "Why haven't you believed Me and become whole, as My Word told you?"

Would you say:

1. Oh, but I glorified You, Lord, in my sickness. I thought I was to suffer for You.

2. Oh, Lord, I know Your Word SAYS You want me well, but since I am not, I have to rationalize Your Word to fit my circumstances.

3. Oh, I still witness to so many even though I did not appropriate what You already did for me, so I thought that would make You happy, Lord.

4. Oh, Lord, I am just so unworthy and cannot possibly believe what You say in Your Word would apply to a poor, miserable sinner like me.

According to some here in this forum that is exactly what you would have to say, based on what your posts say here.

To be whole to me is to have the life of Christ whooly in me. To have His life and to have it more abundantly. He wants me dead in the old life and alive in His life.
This is a process.
No one wants a spoiled child that has everything given to them w/o learning to appreciate what they get.
What Jesus offers is His life given to us in abundance to live in His ressurected power.
This can't be bought with a price and doesn't belong to an elite group of healthy people.
Spirituality is for spiritual people , not healthy rich people. Only the disallusioned would believe that.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟247,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dondi said:
That's my question. I thought I had faith for healing, but it hasn't happened yet. What more do I need to do?

You need to seek the Lord and get the word from him Friend. If you know how to seek the Lord and get a word then its easy. May I ask have you ever sought the Lord and received a word from him?

:)

Upvote 0

FredSmith

Jun 3, 2006
✟2,029.00
Faith
Christian
Christina M said:
......and He asked you: "Why haven't you believed Me and become whole, as My Word told you?"

Would you say:

1. Oh, but I glorified You, Lord, in my sickness. I thought I was to suffer for You.

2. Oh, Lord, I know Your Word SAYS You want me well, but since I am not, I have to rationalize Your Word to fit my circumstances.

3. Oh, I still witness to so many even though I did not appropriate what You already did for me, so I thought that would make You happy, Lord.

4. Oh, Lord, I am just so unworthy and cannot possibly believe what You say in Your Word would apply to a poor, miserable sinner like me.

According to some here in this forum that is exactly what you would have to say, based on what your posts say here.

I would say, "Get thee behind me, Satan".

Jesus will never contradict His word and He will not insert a phony teaching into His word.

Reactions: Bro_Sam
Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
You need to seek the Lord and get the word from him Friend. If you know how to seek the Lord and get a word then its easy. May I ask have you ever sought the Lord and received a word from him?

:)

Yes, of course I have. many times in my walk with God, I would get impressions that were often solutions to problems on my mind. Things that seemed contrary to my way of thinking, yet I could see the wisdom in such a response. And by following this leading, I've seen these problems resolved.

But as for seeking the Lord for healing. I evidently received a word from Him also. The answer was no. I believe Apostle Paul got the same answer.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟247,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dondi said:
But as for seeking the Lord for healing. I evidently received a word from Him also. The answer was no. I believe Apostle Paul got the same answer.

You evidently received an answer? :confused:

Do you mean you heard a sermon on 'my grace is sufficient for thee?' interpreted as shove off?

The problem is that that interpretation of what Jesus said to Paul violates at least 6 scriptural principles that Jesus cannot break.

Jesus cannot show favoritism. There cannot be a healing for one and not for another.
Romans 2:11, Colossians 3:25, James 2:9. Favoritism is a sin. Jesus knows no sin. The bible says it is Jesus's will to heal (Matthew 8:2, Mark 1:41).

The example and law of the Lord is to meet needs, including physical needs. James 2:16, Galatians 6:2. Jesus cannot see a need brought to him, including physical needs and not meet it. Bear one another's burden and so fulfill the law of CHrist.

Jesus cannot break his word. Exodus 23:25 I will remove sickness from among you.
Mark 9:23 does not read " Everything is possible for he who believes, EXCEPT HEALING"

The thief and restorer are not the same person, cannot be the same person. John 10:10, Matthew 12:25

1 John 3:19 Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, one of which is sickness (luke 13, Acts 10:38). The devil is smashed. Sin is smashed. Sickness is smashed. When we look to the cross of Jesus Christ and realise that this was for you and me personally we are saved and we are healed.

If I can only touch the hem of Jesus Christ's garment, I will be healed. And like Jacob, Im not letting Jesus Christ go until he blesses me.

ET AL.......

:confused:

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
You evidently received an answer? :confused:

Do you mean you heard a sermon on 'my grace is sufficient for thee?' interpreted as shove off?

The problem is that that interpretation of what Jesus said to Paul violates at least 6 scriptural principles that Jesus cannot break.

:confused:

And what might they be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.